Gustavo Hamer - CONFIRMED (1 Viewer)

Terry_dactyl

If we do sign Hamer, it might help Kastaneer settle more... They played for the Netherlands U20 team together back in 2017.

Perhaps Kastaneer is moving the other way as part of the deal if he is really unhappy here??
I think Even if next seasons kit were brilliant orange, and We replace the corner flags with windmills, while having tulips strewn all over the pitch, and obligatory spliffs at half time it wouldn’t be enough to ‘settle’ Kastaneer.

CCFC88

Hamer, Shipley, Allen, Ohare, Kelly, Westbroke, Jones That's the box sorted.

LB, CB and Striker and were good to go.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Hamer, Shipley, Allen, Ohare, Kelly, Westbroke, Jones That's the box sorted.

LB, CB and Striker and were good to go.

I think Pask could step up for the CB slot with Fadz being back-up. Not sure if the likes of Williams/Drysdale could be back-up at Championship level yet should Fadz wish to leave to play games.

If we're honest any position is up for transfer if a seemingly better alternative becomes available but if we're thinking of spending money filling those positions would be priorities.

vow

I certainly won't be writing off Liam Kelly just yet like some have in this thread, he's the glue in the team, nothing spectacular but the job he does is invaluable and neccesary, plus he leads by example.

I recall us struggling slightly when he was injured earlier in the season, when he came back we started to get more positive results.

He'll be fine in the Championship.

fernandopartridge

I certainly won't be writing off Liam Kelly just yet like some have in this thread, he's the glue in the team, nothing spectacular but the job he does is invaluable and neccesary, plus he leads by example.

I recall us struggling slightly when he was injured earlier in the season, when he came back we started to get more positive results.

He'll be fine in the Championship.

Agree that he is a vital player for us, I'm not sure his lack of pace matters that much if he's got legs around him.

Irish Sky Blue

I think Kelly has been a revelation. He seemed a mediocre fourth division player when he first arrived. However, for the past two and a half years he has been a huge influence on the team’s success. I think he has earned a shot at proving he can play in the league above. Robins may have other ideas and has shown that sentiment (quite rightly) does not figure in the decisions he makes. Kelly will either show he is up to the task or he will be out of the team and probably on his way.

vow

Agree that he is a vital player for us, I'm not sure his lack of pace matters that much if he's got legs around him.
Aye, he's only 30, great engine but for me his reading of the game, anticipation and positioning is brilliant, so negates his lack of pace 99% of the time.

nunchuckas

My observations on Jobello were that he seemed pretty average at most things (but harsh to judge as he was only just finding his feet) but, when he did get himself into a decent a position to cross it, his delivery was incredible for this level, nearly every time. Perhaps a little on the slower side for a winger, but so was Beckham (and David Bell at the other end of the 'slow winger:good delivery' spectrum). I remember a couple of times he knocked the ball one side of the defender and tried to run round, but he was nowhere near fast enough for that.

You could say that changing our shape after he got injured, and the disaster that was Rotherham away when we kept the same shape but with Kastaneer in Jobellos place, is what elevated us from contenders to league winners, but it's impossible to say how we would have done with Jobello all season - we couldn't have done much better than 1st though, so odds are it would have been worse.

Fergusons_Beard

Worth a shot though.

(I really want an orange away kit now)

(And a spliff)

I’ve been saying orange away kit for years.

Black shorts like Holland ‘74!
135c4bca7a188efe4fb5906462cb8c99.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

I think Pask could step up for the CB slot with Fadz being back-up. Not sure if the likes of Williams/Drysdale could be back-up at Championship level yet should Fadz wish to leave to play games.

If we're honest any position is up for transfer if a seemingly better alternative becomes available but if we're thinking of spending money filling those positions would be priorities.
McFadzean will be fine in a 5 man defence, Hyam and Rose will cover him.

wingy

I think Even if next seasons kit were brilliant orange, and We replace the corner flags with windmills, while having tulips strewn all over the pitch, and obligatory spliffs at half time it wouldn’t be enough to ‘settle’ Kastaneer.
What an identity crisis .
Brazilian Dutch Netherlander Hollander .
Worse than the plastic Paddy park playing out on the Corona thread .

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I think Kelly has been a revelation. He seemed a mediocre fourth division player when he first arrived. However, for the past two and a half years he has been a huge influence on the team’s success. I think he has earned a shot at proving he can play in the league above. Robins may have other ideas and has shown that sentiment (quite rightly) does not figure in the decisions he makes. Kelly will either show he is up to the task or he will be out of the team and probably on his way.

I think he'll be given the chance like Doyle was in L1. He is very influential for the team and as you say with legs around him to maybe cover a bit of the running he could well be fine for a few moths but if fixtures are closer together due to the virus he may run out of steam a bit and need a rest like he did this year.

Let's say we could do with a contingency plan in case it does prove a step too far.

Liquid Gold

I think he'll be given the chance like Doyle was in L1. He is very influential for the team and as you say with legs around him to maybe cover a bit of the running he could well be fine for a few moths but if fixtures are closer together due to the virus he may run out of steam a bit and need a rest like he did this year.

Let's say we could do with a contingency plan in case it does prove a step too far.
Yeah I think he gets till January to prove himself like Doyle had at least. He gave all of the players a chance when we got promoted last apart from Grimmer.

cc84cov

Aye, he's only 30, great engine but for me his reading of the game, anticipation and positioning is brilliant, so negates his lack of pace 99% of the time.
Is that all Kelly is 30 ? Jesus I thought he was older than that,he’s had a few injuries past few seasons if he can stay niggle free with good pre season maybe he will do a job especially if we are looking to sign a young lad to play next to him

Reactions: vow

shmmeee

Yes fair point mate maybe I’m just hoping we go out and spend on a proven when it might not be the case

Id love to see a proven Championship striker but I think we have to be realistic that you’re talking millions we don’t have. I was amazed when we went for Godden though so happy to be proven wrong.

Magwitch

Unless things have changed due to COVID, DB seemed to think it was unlikely we could get Walsh as Bristol City had a 1 year option which paid well over what we could afford. Think there's only any chance if due to the current situation Bristol City decide against taking the option, but I think it's unlikely as all reports suggest they rate him highly.
What does this one year option actually mean, if Walsh is out of contract at the end of the season can he opt to go elsewhere or do Bristol have a legal hold on him ?

SlowerThanPlatt

What does this one year option actually mean, if Walsh is out of contract at the end of the season can he opt to go elsewhere or do Bristol have a legal hold on him ?

No it’s a club option in the contract he signed which means he has no say in the matter if the club want to activate it

Magwitch

No I just feel we will need better than a young loan in the championship
I think he could be one of two or three loans, lots of championship teams have loans from Premiership clubs and remember Aston Villa wouldn’t be in the Premiership if it wasn’t for loanee Tammy Abraham’s goals,

SlowerThanPlatt

I think he could be one of two or three loans, lots of championship teams have loans from Premiership clubs and remember Aston Villa wouldn’t be in the Premiership if it wasn’t for loanee Tammy Abraham’s goals,

Abraham was reported to be on £50k p/w at Chelsea when Villa loaned him, I don’t think he came cheap

Winny the Bish

According to this, Hamer has created the 9th most chances among Under-23s across Europe, up there with Tonali and Havertz who are both rated around £65m

shmmeee

According to this, Hamer has created the 9th most chances among Under-23s across Europe, up there with Tonali and Havertz who are both rated around £65m

Half of them corners and free kicks. Wonder if he’ll take them.

Users who are viewing this thread