Gustavo Hamer - CONFIRMED (1 Viewer)

cooperskyblue

Wow that’s a lot of faith being placed by Robins in the recruitment staff after how Kastaneer turned out and Jobello was just okay

Yes and Dabo was absolutely quality as were O'hare, Walsh, Godden, Rose, McFadz and Allen. Far far more successes in terms of recruitment than failures that's for sure.

SlowerThanPlatt

Yes and Dabo was absolutely quality as were O'hare, Walsh, Godden, Rose, McFadz and Allen. Far far more successes in terms of recruitment than failures that's for sure.

I was listing the two players we signed who had never played in the UK. I think you have to go back to Aron Gunnarsson in 2008 to the last one who was a success

Skybluefaz

Translating some Dutch tweets about this, they seem disappointed for him to be leaving. Always a good sign. Rather that than the Walsall fans reaction when we signed Baka.
The fans of Kastaneer's old club, may have been Twente I can't quite remember, were pretty derogatory about his attitude when he left them.

covcity4life

It's hamer time!!!
giphy.gif

Liquid Gold

I feel like Jobello was really starting to grow into it after an average start.

Kastaneer felt like an out of the blue signing based on Badlan's comments about him being well above our level and having scouted him years previous.

stupot07

I feel like Jobello was really starting to grow into it after an average start.

Kastaneer felt like an out of the blue signing based on Badlan's comments about him being well above our level and having scouted him years previous.
Yep, and arguably we created more chances when Jobello was in the team.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Brighton Sky Blue

Nothing at all so far
Mind you all I heard about Kasta was that we were looking at 'a big Dutch lad' so it wouldn't surprise me if there is something in this
On the other hand it might be his agent trying to drum up interest from other clubs

Seems more likely really as I find it hard to believe we'd spend £1 million+ on such a player unless Dabo was off for a big fee, which also seems unlikely in the current climate.

shmmeee

Just because I want to believe this rather than I actually believe this, but:

When Sisu first came there was a definite strategy of paying decent money (for us, at the time) for young players with potential. Problem was we then got Chris Coleman to manage them, but those first few of Dann, Fox, Westwood were a definite strategy. Then everything went to tits.

What if now we’re back (touch wood) and have a manager who has proven himself and Joy is directly involved, there’s a chance for some money to spend (on sensible signings for the level, that have a potential for a decent return)?

We know the owners aren’t short of cash even if the club are.

Host of questions about finances and sustainability and the like. But what if?

Magwitch

If this is true unfortunately it probably indicates Liam Walsh will be going back to Bristol was hoping we could nick him. might still do if Bristol go up.

SlowerThanPlatt

Just because I want to believe this rather than I actually believe this, but:

When Sisu first came there was a definite strategy of paying decent money (for us, at the time) for young players with potential. Problem was we then got Chris Coleman to manage them, but those first few of Dann, Fox, Westwood were a definite strategy. Then everything went to tits.

What if now we’re back (touch wood) and have a manager who has proven himself and Joy is directly involved, there’s a chance for some money to spend (on sensible signings for the level, that have a potential for a decent return)?

We know the owners aren’t short of cash even if the club are.

Host of questions about finances and sustainability and the like. But what if?

We have been doing this for a while haven’t we just with smaller fees? Chaplin, Bakayoko, Allassani? It’s the same strategy

Ring Of Steel

maybe MR has been told in secret we're going up and we get some money for promotion? plus we have the money from Norwich for McCallum

This is exactly what I was thinking- added to the cryptic tweets from various players this suggests we have some very good news coming our way soon

shmmeee

We have been doing this for a while haven’t we just with smaller fees? Chaplin, Bakayoko, Allassani? It’s the same strategy

Exactly. People were surprised at what we spent when we came up to L1, everyone assumed we’d be feeding on scraps and rejects. As I say maybe more hope than expectation, but wouldn’t be surprised to see us spend a bit more than people think on the right players.

Dickie

Would love this to be true but is it likely in the current climate? Plus would Walsh be more of an option for us in the Championship?

BornSlippySkyBlue

Is it realistic, given the current situation, for any club (let alone us) to be offering 7 figure fees for relatively unknown players?

Does anyone know what the market will look like in 2 months’ time, let alone now?

Surely it’s agents trying to pump up the interest / fee. Just can’t see us chucking £1.5m at a player that might be the next Kastaneer.

SlowerThanPlatt

Is it realistic, given the current situation, for any club (let alone us) to be offering 7 figure fees for relatively unknown players?

Does anyone know what the market will look like in 2 months’ time, let alone now?

Surely it’s agents trying to pump up the interest / fee. Just can’t see us chucking £1.5m at a player that might be the next Kastaneer.
I agree. Perhaps we made our interest known before Covid and it’s only just being reported now as a recent development?

Users who are viewing this thread