Gustavo Hamer - CONFIRMED (4 Viewers)

AFCCOVENTRY

Hamer is highly rated in Holland and statically one of the most creative youth players in Europe. Stats don’t lie...

Malaka

If he is then, hats off to the scouts.

giphy.gif
Is that the fat controller from Thomas The Tank and Friends?

fernandopartridge

On the surface this seems a great signing (if it happens), but then again I remember a lot of people on here being equally excited by video clips of Kastaneer last Summer, and another from the Dutch leagues from way back, Ellery Cairo. While there has been no confirmation from MR or the club that there is anything in this, there's every chance this could just be an elaborate hoax, maybe aimed at drumming up interest by his club or agent.
Both Cairo and Kastaneer had patchy records of having played, completely different.

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk

Gibbo

Hopefully this will plug our weakest area - the loss of Walsh alongside the the question marks about whether Kelly can cut it at Championship level.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Our success rate with Dutch ‘superstars’ is not great.

Holland on the whole does seem to be a very hit and miss league to sign from, esp strikers. Prolific marksmen look like they couldn't hit a barn door here (of course there are exceptions like RVN etc)

Last player of this type we signed from Holland was probably Boateng, so if he can follow that we'll be doing well.

lord_garrincha

Holland on the whole does seem to be a very hit and miss league to sign from, esp strikers. Prolific marksmen look like they couldn't hit a barn door here (of course there are exceptions like RVN etc)

Last player of this type we signed from Holland was probably Boateng, so if he can follow that we'll be doing well.
Gunnarsson came from the same league as Georgie about 10 years later.

steve cooper

I’ve looked pretty extensively on Hamer from What I can gather is he loves a tackle picks up yellow cards Can pass at range off both feet & his set pieces are likened to Christian Erikson
Yes, some of those tackles on the video worried me. Hope he isn't another Kastaneer when it comes to dubious challenges.

Nonleagueherewecome

Gunnarsson came from the same league as Georgie about 10 years later.
Aron has had a good career, but with us I think he suffered from the Stephen Hughes Syndrome of having a great first season before becoming mired in the standard "it's Cov, innit?" apathy of the time (Clinton Morrison TM). Me and my mate used to pull our hair out over his long throws going nowhere, too. Then you'd see him for Cardiff or Iceland and it would suddenly be impossible to deal with them!

It's a good comparison, though: young defensive midfielder at a smaller Dutch League side, likes to get stuck in whilst still being good technically. He looks very aggressive in the tackle yet likes to spray the ball around like a John Fleck.

cooperskyblue

Looks a very good player, hope we sign him and he does well. The stats look impressive, if his team mates could finish his assist tally would be double as he was creating some great chances and they fluffed pretty much all of them.

Regarding Kastaneer I remember the Breda Fans saying he was lazy and ultimately that rang true unfortunately.

cc84cov

I
Looks a very good player, hope we sign him and he does well. The stats look impressive, if his team mates could finish his assist tally would be double as he was creating some great chances and they fluffed pretty much all of them.

Regarding Kastaneer I remember the Breda Fans saying he was lazy and ultimately that rang true unfortunately.

In regards to kastanner I’ll admit I was very happy watching his clips we need to be cautions with them you tube clips altho this time his previous team all say he’s good & money is the reason he was let go I’m confident also with such a fee to have been paid

AFCCOVENTRY

Hamer is a star player at his club and fans are disappointed to see him go. Also he plays regularly in the top flight. Kasteener most of us got wrong.

Frostie

Spot on, some of that finishing was horrific.

Magwitch

Holland produce good technical players
Hamer is a star player at his club and fans are disappointed to see him go. Also he plays regularly in the top flight. Kasteener most of us got wrong.
The thing with Kasteneer is we haven’t really seen him play that much from what little I’ve seen he’s certainly not useless but there’s obvious fitness issues and not that obvious what his best position is, I’d still give him a fresh start and you never know, he’s on contract so nothing to lose.

Colin Steins Smile

If the club get this signing confirmed it’s a significant start to recruitment & hopefully we get all our business early, so it gives the coaching team maximum time to prepare for the new season

AFCCOVENTRY

Holland produce good technical players

The thing with Kasteneer is we haven’t really seen him play that much from what little I’ve seen he’s certainly not useless but there’s obvious fitness issues and not that obvious what his best position is, I’d still give him a fresh start and you never know, he’s on contract so nothing to lose.

Might be bit of an attitude problem he has. Maybe homesick and needs time to adjust. Wouldn’t be surprised to see him go on loan.

better days

I’ll be honest here, I thought Kastaneer was going to be a v good signing. Judging from the various comments about him from @better days - he just didn’t seem apply himself at all. (Please correct me if that’s not an unfair characterisation)

I only asked the latter friend in September when I was travelling around Italy - by then, questions were being asked about his fitness and so on.
Kasta could be a terrific player
He's scored some incredible goals and has power other players can only dream of
He came here after his previous clubs had given up on him and as usual with such players he thought a change of club would bring out the best in him
Unfortunately his problem is entirely one of a bad attitude
He thinks he's better than this level
An attitude not shared by any of his teammates
When he was hauled off after 50 odd minutes in our thrashing at Rotherham not a single team mate acknowledged him
He had played entirely for himself and hadn't made any effort to help the team when we didn't have the ball
He was finished at the club that day

cc84cov

Thing with Kastaneer we give him a 3 year deal they must of thought they were getting a lot more than they have but at the same time I feel he was a low risk and not on a massive wage etc he might work out yet with a longer period of training etc

Users who are viewing this thread