Gustavo Hamer - CONFIRMED (2 Viewers)

hamil99

Facebook User
Kasta could be a terrific player
He's scored some incredible goals and has power other players can only dream of
He came here after his previous clubs had given up on him and as usual with such players he thought a change of club would bring out the best in him
Unfortunately his problem is entirely one of a bad attitude
He thinks he's better than this level
An attitude not shared by any of his teammates
When he was hauled off after 50 odd minutes in our thrashing at Rotherham not a single team mate acknowledged him
He had played entirely for himself and hadn't made any effort to help the team when we didn't have the ball
He was finished at the club that day

Reminds me a bit of Manset, all the physical attributes to be a beast, but sadly a shitty attitude. I guess at least some of the other players liked Manset.

oscillatewildly

Just realised I've actually seen this guy play vs Vitesse. Zwolle won 4-3 and he got the opener. Played central midfield and looked quite handy.

Can see his goal from that game about 3 mins into this video. Tidy finish.

If we do sign him we'll have to get Steve McClaren in for translation purposes. And/or a Portuguese bloke.

Reactions: vow

Nonleagueherewecome

Don Hutchinson was different class but didn’t work too well as he seemed to get frustrated as the team wasn’t on his level
Best example ever of that has to be McAllister when he was manager. The likes of Pead, Pipe and Barrrett were never going to be on the same wavelength.

Mucca Mad Boys

If we do sign him we'll have to get Steve McClaren in for translation purposes. And/or a Portuguese bloke.

I know he was born in Brazil, but if he’s spent a lot of in The Netherlands, there’s a good chance he already knows English. The Dutch speak English v well and the articles suggest it’s been a career goal of Hamer’s to play in England. Hoping he’s done the work already!

oscillatewildly

I know he was born in Brazil, but if he’s spent a lot of in The Netherlands, there’s a good chance he already knows English. The Dutch speak English v well and the articles suggest it’s been a career goal of Hamer’s to play in England. Hoping he’s done the work already!
Maybe, but we'll still need 'clogs' McClaren to translate back for Dutch TV and all the non English speaking Netherlanders.

Brylowes

I found that first point was the same with Joe Cole
Joe Cole was a terrible signing.
It was all about the club meeting & accommodating his requirements rather than him meeting the club’s requirements.
Hopefully those days are now behind us and every player bought in ‘first and foremost’ is done so with the progression of CCFC the first thing on the agenda.

Kieranp96

Apparently he is on the verge of signing with some French club, who knows what's happening just wait u til it's officially announced, hate getting excited to be shut down.

skyblueeyesrevisited

Apparently he is on the verge of signing with some French club, who knows what's happening just wait u til it's officially announced, hate getting excited to be shut down.
Do the play in bleu
Do they play in bleu ciel monsieur?

SlowerThanPlatt

Just seen it on twitter, probaly bullshit will try find the link

Like I said probaly bollocks but you know. I belive this as much as I belive he is about to sign for us .

Why? The source saying he’s about to sign is from a reputable source in Holland. This is from a fan account who from the translation is asking a Zwolle fan whether he will sign for his team Nimes

SeaSeeEffCee

Just seems to be some bloke asking if he's going to sign for Nimes or us. All the reliable sources are saying he's coming here.

PUSB-We_are_going_up

My understanding is we will sign him and he will then move to Real Madrid within a week. Apparently his wife doesn’t like the weather in the UK.

LMAO imagine playing football where you have dreamed of it and then having to move somewhere with a crap league and playing under the sun because your wife doesn’t like the weather. That would be very depressing!

Gibbo

Walsh was the big hole that needed to be plugged as Shipley or Westbrooke are cover of sorts for O'Hara. So if this deal for Hamer happens it is good news. Next up, I hope is a younger centre half to upgrade McF, and a left back as Robins clearly does not think Mason is good enough. Stick in a couple of good loans and we are ready to go.

Robins (unlike Mowbray) tends not to like old codgers at the end of their career. I think only McF, Doyle and Vincenti would fit that description. So just ignore the lists of players being released even Marcus Maddison. Altho I must say that unlike eveybody else, I liked Whatmore. Just because he is Sunderland is no reason. His injury record might be.

David O'Day

Why do people what to replace McFadz? He was great in the middle of a 3 and unlike any of our other players there has regular Championship experience and has proved he can help a team stay up in that league.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Why do people what to replace McFadz? He was great in the middle of a 3 and unlike any of our other players there has regular Championship experience and has proved he can help a team stay up in that league.

I'm not. I'd certainly start the season with him as things stand. But I can see an extra year in the legs and more astute forwards and high presses might expose some of those weaknesses we saw earlier in the season that saw him give away a few penalties.

Users who are viewing this thread