Gustavo Hamer - CONFIRMED (1 Viewer)

SeaSeeEffCee

If they would both command a similar fee why not just sign Walsh ?
Combination of wages and whether Bristol City actually want to sell him. Championship wages are ridiculous compared to European leagues. Can definitely pick up a few bargains wage wise by shopping abroad.

cc84cov

I don't think you'd get Walsh for the same money as Hamer, if McCallum is worth 3.5 million it would cost at least the same to get Walsh i think.
I think Walsh Having just a year left on his contract not that happy there with the manager etc it drives the price down,if we don’t make the move I wouldn’t be shocked to see another championship club move for him I think he would be on 6-8k a week there wages I feel the issue in him coming here after paying a fee.

Dickie

Combination of wages and whether Bristol City actually want to sell him. Championship wages are ridiculous compared to European leagues. Can definitely pick up a few bargains wage wise by shopping abroad.

Maybe Bristol are waiting to see what league they’re in next season before they make a decision on him

mr_monkey

I don’t see him playing much for them it’s reported he don’t like the manager much I can see him leaving them on a free next year,probably why he wants to stay here

Was chatting to a city fan I work with today (my company is based in Bristol) and they still think highly of him by all accounts but I'd love to be wrong and we sign both him and hamer but I just don't see it when we need other areas filling and have a lot of decent midfielders

CCFC54321

I think Walsh would firstly look at the chances of playing regularly in the Bristol city side. If he wasn’t going to get that or he thinks he won’t play much I’m sure he would jump at the chance of signing for city (wages?).

He obviously likes it here and I wouldn’t be surprised if he and o hare were on the pitch for the opening game of next season.

cc84cov

I think Walsh would firstly look at the chances of playing regularly in the Bristol city side. If he wasn’t going to get that or he thinks he won’t play much I’m sure he would jump at the chance of signing for city (wages?).

He obviously likes it here and I wouldn’t be surprised if he and o hare were on the pitch for the opening game of next season.
I hope we do sign Walsh we seen the level he’s at against brum last season,fantastic player that boy is

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Maybe Hamer is better?

If he is then, hats off to the scouts.

giphy.gif

shmmeee

Silly optimism here, but Bristol go up and maybe want to send Walsh out on loan to the Championship where they can decide to extend if he looks like cutting it.

I think an extra DM wouldn’t go amiss as we play two and only really have Kelly unless Eccles steps up.

cc84cov

Silly optimism here, but Bristol go up and maybe want to send Walsh out on loan to the Championship where they can decide to extend if he looks like cutting it.

I think an extra DM wouldn’t go amiss as we play two and only really have Kelly unless Eccles steps up.
I agree also i Don’t see Kelly playing every game he usually picks up an injury or 2 in a season

SBAndy

Definitely need an option to rotate with/replace Kelly. Just not sure Walsh is the answer to that particular conundrum.

Kieranp96

Looking at his highlight video now, looks a very tidy player, in the Dutch league if he can replecate that here he will be a fan favourite that's for sure.

no_loyalty

Described as a 5ft 6" terrier, sounds like Dennis Wise

Sky Blue Harry H

Interesting that Bruce says O'Hare already has something lined up. Just hope it's us and not Blues - although would think he'd be brave moving there from Villa.

Users who are viewing this thread