Gustavo Hamer - CONFIRMED (2 Viewers)

higgs

Kasta could be a terrific player
He's scored some incredible goals and has power other players can only dream of
He came here after his previous clubs had given up on him and as usual with such players he thought a change of club would bring out the best in him
Unfortunately his problem is entirely one of a bad attitude
He thinks he's better than this level
An attitude not shared by any of his teammates
When he was hauled off after 50 odd minutes in our thrashing at Rotherham not a single team mate acknowledged him
He had played entirely for himself and hadn't made any effort to help the team when we didn't have the ball
He was finished at the club that day
Do u think he thinks championship is his level or does he think he's premiership quality? If ur not a team player then ur not going to last under robins

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

junglej13

Kasta could be a terrific player
He's scored some incredible goals and has power other players can only dream of
He came here after his previous clubs had given up on him and as usual with such players he thought a change of club would bring out the best in him
Unfortunately his problem is entirely one of a bad attitude
He thinks he's better than this level
An attitude not shared by any of his teammates
When he was hauled off after 50 odd minutes in our thrashing at Rotherham not a single team mate acknowledged him
He had played entirely for himself and hadn't made any effort to help the team when we didn't have the ball
He was finished at the club that day
Sounds a little harsh @better days but a useful insight. That game was a complete freak in that I think all our individual errors were in that game. It did seem he wasn't trusted after that game though.
Have you heard any names or areas we might be looking this summer?

better days

Sounds a little harsh @better days but a useful insight. That game was a complete freak in that I think all our individual errors were in that game. It did seem he wasn't trusted after that game though.
Have you heard any names or areas we might be looking this summer?
Once your teammates give up on you you're finished at a club
Kasta will probably end up like Ravel Morrison moving from club to club with the next manager always thinking he can get the best out of him
Haven't heard anything about new targets yet

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

As much as Jobello may be popular with the players/manager if we carry on with this formation he's going to have to alter his game to fit in

Reactions: vow

cc84cov

Don’t see us changing formation tbh unless Jobello can play in the advanced midfield position (the box) I don’t see where he features he didn’t really get going but I do think there is a player in there.

That goes for Jodi Jones also although I feel we were using him in under 23’s in that advanced midfield position we have plenty of options in midfield if we also sign either O’Hare or Walsh.

cc84cov

There is no way that the fee will be over £350000 up front , mite be add ons but the £1.5 Million no chance.
Yes it will have been financed correct for sure I think your figures won’t be far off £350k up front the rest add ons etc

Legia Sky Blue

QUOTE="cc84cov, post: 2017719, member: 9904"]Don’t see us changing formation tbh unless Jobello can play in the advanced midfield position (the box) I don’t see where he features he didn’t really get going but I do think there is a player in there.

That goes for Jodi Jones also although I feel we were using him in under 23’s in that advanced midfield position we have plenty of options in midfield if we also sign either O’Hare or Walsh.[/QUOTE]

While we will are likely to start next season with the formation we finished with this season, I think Jobello will still have a role to play. We saw this season that you need fluid options to change formation if things are going against you in a match. That's how we ended up playing 3 centre backs in the first place. If we are chasing the game, or want to stretch tired defenders, he would be an ideal option off the bench. Unlike Kastaneer who appears to lack confidence and perhaps sulks a little, Jobello appears to be the opposite, and I think MR rates him too. In regards to Jones, I could definitely envisage him playing the number 10 role, just behind our main striker, which is where I also think Bapaga will be played in the under 23's.

cc84cov

Just doesn't fit into the transfer model the club have so I don't see it myself. Don't want to return to those days of signings aging pros like Michael Hughes and Colin Cameron, who tend to hold young players back, rather than improve them.
Agreed

mrtrench

Just doesn't fit into the transfer model the club have so I don't see it myself. Don't want to return to those days of signings aging pros like Michael Hughes and Colin Cameron, who tend to hold young players back, rather than improve them.

I agree on approach. I just wonder though if Robins sees a role for a very good elder statesman who could improve the team and younger players, albeit probably only for one or two seasons. Not all 33 year olds are knackered - just look at ow much Gordon Strachan improved a Premiership side when he played at 40.

larry_david

We probably do need experienced pros in there who can still compete. Championship is full of bang average players like Pugh though. Think we lose our identity if we start stockpiling those sort of players.

cc84cov

I agree on approach. I just wonder though if Robins sees a role for a very good elder statesman who could improve the team and younger players, albeit probably only for one or two seasons. Not all 33 year olds are knackered - just look at ow much Gordon Strachan improved a Premiership side when he played at 40.
We have Liam Kelly & Mcfadz for that

mrtrench

We probably do need experienced pros in there who can still compete. Championship is full of bang average players like Pugh though. Think we lose our identity if we start stockpiling those sort of players.

I don't know him at all. If he is mediocre then I agree. The internet tells us that he has been praised for performances for QPR by fans. But whether that's just a few games or consistent high performances, I just don't know.

Alex1987

I don't know him at all. If he is mediocre then I agree. The internet tells us that he has been praised for performances for QPR by fans. But whether that's just a few games or consistent high performances, I just don't know.

Heard he is the ultimate pro (from a friend of a friend) and isn't the sort looking for a pay day as such. Super fit and wants to play til he is 40. Take him here any day of the week

johnwillomagic

Mark Pugh is too old, too expensive and very ordinary ...he is certainly no Gordon Strachan!!
Apart from that this rumour has a lot going for it!!

Garryb80

Heard he is the ultimate pro (from a friend of a friend) and isn't the sort looking for a pay day as such. Super fit and wants to play til he is 40. Take him here any day of the week
No thanks. Average player on no doubt substantial wages. Rather keep to the current policy

Just found a site suggesting he is on 30k per week

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I think Kelly is that person, who isn't that old. Fadz could do the same in defence but I could see him moving in Jan for game time - I think Championship may prove a bit too quick for him but a good experienced head for Hyam, Rose and Pask to learn from. Hyam and Rose aren't exactly young and inexperienced.

Samo

No thanks. Average player on no doubt substantial wages. Rather keep to the current policy

Just found a site suggesting he is on 30k per week

That doesn't mean he'd be expecting that here. (obviously)

Legia Sky Blue

And more recently - Wise and Hutchinson

Strachan, Hutchison and Wise were all internationals who had plied their trade at 'big' clubs, and were a whole different level from Pugh. I just don't see it happening, but to be fair if MR decided he was the right man for us then I'm not going to argue with him.

I think we all need to take stock a little and realise that while we will bring in maybe 6 players this Summer, we will be linked with 10 times that number, more often than not tenuously, with rumours driven by desperate agents, desperate clubs looking to sell, and internet fantasists relating Football Manager performance to reality. It's always wise to not get too carried away either way, until those players are pictured next to MR holding up a City scarf.

Samo

But he would be wanting something more than I'd want us to pay

Well its a take it or leave it situation; depends what the player is looking for and what stage of his career he is at.
I'm pretty sure we didn't pay Denis Wise or Joe Cole what they had been earning at Chelsea!

Users who are viewing this thread