Gustavo Hamer - CONFIRMED (25 Viewers)

PUSB-We_are_going_up

Yeah lb needs addressing unless Mason steps up.
O hare and Walsh need replacing. Maybe if this guy signs and we somehow nab o hare back.

Deffo need another striker. I want godden starting but we'll need something else.

We need someone like Biamou but younger and proven at Champo level to go up front with Godden. If we dont sign one we can just play Max with him because he bullied the Birmingham defense in both legs and Baka did a job too to be fair.

baldy

We need someone like Biamou but younger and proven at Champo level to go up front with Godden. If we dont sign one we can just play Max with him because he bullied the Birmingham defense in both legs and Baka did a job too to be fair.

I don’t know why people are referring back to a one-off cup tie,albeit over 2 matches,to use as some kind of yardstick on how certain players will perform in a season in the Championship
Baka may have played well against Blues granted but it was a cup game,it doesn’t mean he’s gonna be good enough in the forthcoming season

PUSB-We_are_going_up

I don’t know why people are referring back to a one-off cup tie,albeit over 2 matches,to use as some kind of yardstick on how certain players will perform in a season in the Championship
Baka may have played well against Blues granted but it was a cup game,it doesn’t mean he’s gonna be good enough in the forthcoming season

baka has kept on improving tho and could be decent in the champo as a supporting striker

Alex1987

Yeah all it shows that on a peak performance they can match Blues. The question is can they do it for 7/10 games (mid table team), or 1/50 (Worcester v Coventry!)

Mucca Mad Boys

Biamou has some value. But, a starter in the championship? No chance.

Gooden is head and shoulders our best striker, and I’d expect us to sign a forward to start ahead of him as the Championship is a huge step up.

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

baka has kept on improving tho and could be decent in the champo as a supporting striker
If we're totally honest, I imagine most of us may think we need an upgrade on Godden up top to be competitive let alone Baka and Biamou. That's not to discredit their performances but Godden is untested at that level and Baka and Biamou are a way off Godden.

AStonesThrow

If we do sign Hamer, am I right in saying he’d be one of only two Brazilians to play for CCFC, the other being Isaias?

AStonesThrow

I think Kelly has been a revelation. He seemed a mediocre fourth division player when he first arrived. However, for the past two and a half years he has been a huge influence on the team’s success. I think he has earned a shot at proving he can play in the league above. Robins may have other ideas and has shown that sentiment (quite rightly) does not figure in the decisions he makes. Kelly will either show he is up to the task or he will be out of the team and probably on his way.

only realised a few weeks back that Kelly was the player who pushed a ball boy over when he played for Leyton Orient and caused uproar. Yet for us he seems so hard working and placid in temperament, probably one of the last players you’d expect this from

AStonesThrow

I don't know him at all. If he is mediocre then I agree. The internet tells us that he has been praised for performances for QPR by fans. But whether that's just a few games or consistent high performances, I just don't know.
Signed by Eddie Howe for Bournemouth from Hereford United years back, for a few of around 28k I think it was. Fantastic wide man and a loyal servant, I saw him play in league one and the championship for Bournemouth during my years watching them when I lived that way. Wouldn’t bring a lot to us now, imagine a talented David Bell. Not worth signing for me

AStonesThrow

Never really understood why Mason was dropped. He was our PotS up until that point and had one dodgy game against Rotherham and that was that. Didn't even really feel like McCallum was necessarily an upgrade, perhaps just more suited to wing back.

Easy to forget that Mason singled-handedly kept Pompey's entire right side at bay on his own after Kastaneer got sent off, he was brilliant that night and certainly not easily bullied.
I have a feeling it’s more politically based than ability. Brandon is good mates with Jordi Hiwula and I can see him sticking to his side in any disagreements and so may have been even ruled himself out by sticking with Jordi. Just speculation of course

PCH

Bit nervous going into the season with Max and Baka as cover up front. Not sure they’re up to it as this level and certainly not the latter. Im sure they’ll be trying to bring someone in.

SBAndy

Bit nervous going into the season with Max and Baka as cover up front. Not sure they’re up to it as this level and certainly not the latter. Im sure they’ll be trying to bring someone in.

Good thing the season doesn’t start tomorrow then!

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Never really understood why Mason was dropped. He was our PotS up until that point and had one dodgy game against Rotherham and that was that. Didn't even really feel like McCallum was necessarily an upgrade, perhaps just more suited to wing back.

Easy to forget that Mason singled-handedly kept Pompey's entire right side at bay on his own after Kastaneer got sent off, he was brilliant that night and certainly not easily bullied.
I think mason was a victim of the formation change. He’s a better defender than McCallum but McCallum was a better player going forward and more athletic

cc84cov

I’m certain we will bring a premier loan in

Nonleagueherewecome

we could get Giles for that he is supposed to be rapid
He didn't impress management or colleagues last season according to someone in the know, so I think we can forget all about Giles.

Magwitch

If the fee is anything near what has been reported, how have we afforded it?
Is the fee correct though this 1.3million that keeps being mentioned is it the transfer fee or the whole package fee + wages, whenever we sell a player it’s fee undisclosed.
I don’t think we will sign anyone that breaks the budget.

Nonleagueherewecome

Didn’t think we got that much up front but makes sense I guess.
Yeah I do distinctly remember a slightly miffed Robins on CWR after he'd gone saying he'd been given assurances that some of it could be re-invested in the summer.

Brighton Sky Blue

Is the fee correct though this 1.3million that keeps being mentioned is it the transfer fee or the whole package fee + wages, whenever we sell a player it’s fee undisclosed.
I don’t think we will sign anyone that breaks the budget.

Who knows, I agree we won’t have been reckless about it but if it goes through the finances on it will be interesting to see.

Users who are viewing this thread