Fresh Ricoh talks (1 Viewer)

ceetee

Well at least nobody has leaked that the other party wasn't talking so perhaps no news is goodish news

matesx

What do we consider a good deal?

5 years.
£100k a year rent.
All the pie money.

Sky Blue Pete

What do we consider a good deal?

5 years.
£100k a year rent.
All the pie money.
That’s a really good question

Mark and I got involved to get the two parties to talk again so tick there

For me it’s ccfc playing in Coventry for a deal that is either long term or long enough to build a new stadium in Coventry.

This deal needs to allow us to make the appropriate money that we bring in from being there.

That’s it for me really. In a sense it’s so simple what’s the problem but I recognise with everything that’s gone on and is going on that making a multi faceted multi year deal takes a lot of give and take on both sides

Mcbean

For me it’s ccfc playing in Coventry for a deal that is either long term or long enough to build a new stadium in Coventry.

This deal needs to allow us to make the appropriate money that we bring in from being there.

That’s it for me really. In a sense it’s so simple what’s the problem but I recognise with everything that’s gone on and is going on that making a multi faceted multi year deal takes a lot of give and take on both sides
Need to add at least 50% control of the pitch maintenance

Kneeza

My mothers side of the family are from Atherstone, in the mid 1970s when I was a nipper homemade Yorkshire puddings with golden syrup was a regular occurrence at my late grandma's, we also had mushy peas with a roast pork dinner, this was Atherstone after all!!!
I was an apprentice with several lads from Atherstone.
Most of them supported Leicester City.
Nuff said.

Hobo

I have it on reasonable authority that the gin soaked ashtray Lucas, was quoted of her meetings with Joy as being 'the most difficult hard nosed business person she'd ever dealt with'. When you consider some of the tools she'd have met in local government and a lifetime in the public sector, that's quite a resounding and emphatic statement, although Joy would probably take it as a badge of honour.
Union rep as well wasn't she.
Being difficult doesn't equate to smart business though.

Hobo

Not getting excited about these talks.

But I suspect Wasps need a deal more than us. Possible RFU funding cut, no TV deal, with no crowds most Premiership teams losing about 1m a month. Plus they are asking bond holders to forget about a payment yet again. That 35m bonds loan repayment getting closer 2022. Plus debt already carrying.

Personally would rather have our own Stadium...but can't see that happening.

Reactions: vow

You'll Never Beat McPake

On a slight tangent to the weetabix preference, I grew up as having yorkshire puddings as part of Sunday dinner much like the rest of you, but we had them as a desert with golden syrup. To me this was quite normal up until i had dinner at a friends house and seen them on the same plate as the roast! ..with gravy poured over them! I was absolutely fucking horrified, it was like putting a slice of battenberg or a french fancy on your roast dinner and pouring gravy on it.
I've never met anyone else that eats yorkshire pudding this way and now blame it on my mother, she is from Leicester and they are a weird bunch.
My Auntie was born with two thumbs on one hand thereby proving that they are six-fingered. I am not inbred and sometimes still eat yorkshire puddings with golden syrup, i suggest you try it.
I also grew up having it with sugar and golden syrup. One lunchtime however it was served with the main meal and gravy. I went and fetched the syrup and dripped it over my Yorkshire to the disgust of my mother

christonabike

Tell Wasps to get fooked if it was the other way round why would we. We were forced to move to Birmingham which could of killed this great club and the council were very happy to let it be.
Let’s get a stadium of our own not in the middle of nowhere, not a wind swept generic stadium half finished with no boozers within miles.
The council are shitting bricks and so are Wasps city of culture and we aren’t there.
Very happy for us to play at Stans until we have a new ground. All this bollocks about Cov in Cov is just people being romantic about the old days and don’t mind the club being held to ransom as they only go to the odd game.
I hope joy says get to feck and let’s the Ricoh and the council rot.
Have a pleasant evening everyone and remember keep your friends close and your enemies nearer!

Magwitch

Lot of Villa fans in Atherstone.
Tell Wasps to get fooked if it was the other way round why would we. We were forced to move to Birmingham which could of killed this great club and the council were very happy to let it be.
Let’s get a stadium of our own not in the middle of nowhere, not a wind swept generic stadium half finished with no boozers within miles.
The council are shitting bricks and so are Wasps city of culture and we aren’t there.
Very happy for us to play at Stans until we have a new ground. All this bollocks about Cov in Cov is just people being romantic about the old days and don’t mind the club being held to ransom as they only go to the odd game.
Have a pleasant evening everyone and remember keep your friends close and your enemies nearer!
So where do we build it then ?

Sky Blue Pete

We have two years left in Birmingham and no stadium in coventry. Your plan won’t work

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

So you don’t want a stadium in the middle of nowhere but will accept a stadium on the farthest edge of nowhere? Brilliant

higgs

Thanks Pete for getting them talking anyway thats progress

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Covstu

I don’t follow love to see them lose but I have noticed that wasps seem to be smashing it this season. How have they gone from pure dog shit to class over 6 months? Have they spent a lot bringing in players and need to recoup?

Grendel

I don’t follow love to see them lose but I have noticed that wasps seem to be smashing it this season. How have they gone from pure dog shit to class over 6 months? Have they spent a lot bringing in players and need to recoup?

No it’s the opposite. A lot of teams have just fielded weakened teams and clearly didn’t want to restart

fatso

I think we need to go back to the football league, and see what they will accept, regarding our continued playing outside of coventry.
If they can be persuaded to allow us to continue playing in Brum, and if Brum are happy with the arrangement continuing, then I'd be happy to stay there at least until we see Wasps collapse financially.
In reality there wont be a new stadium built in the city, (or just outside) so I think it's fair to say we can forget that option.

oldfiver

They have brought in some expensive players- probably not as expensive this year- to buy their way out. Just for that they should not be getting public funding support

They have played teams who lost interest in the league during covid- seeing little benefit in carrying on but losing money and not having cash handouts to call on

Certain events in the league have gone their way with teams unable to play or having weakened squads

Sky Blue Pete

I think we need to go back to the football league, and see what they will accept, regarding our continued playing outside of coventry.
If they can be persuaded to allow us to continue playing in Brum, and if Brum are happy with the arrangement continuing, then I'd be happy to stay there at least until we see Wasps collapse financially.
In reality there wont be a new stadium built in the city, (or just outside) so I think it's fair to say we can forget that option.
Think we asked when we made a 3 year deal but keeping us in existence is their priority not where we play. Within reason obviously and they’d much prefer us to be in Coventry

The Great Eastern

Bit confused by the Weetabix debate. Not heard of putting Butter and jam on one before. Do you then eat it dry like a biscuit or soak it in milk as per a normal breakfast ?
Keep getting images in my head that if the eater lives in Lestah then it's normal practice to get your sister to piss on it before consumption.

shmmeee

Bit confused by the Weetabix debate. Not heard of putting Butter and jam on one before. Do you then eat it dry like a biscuit or soak it in milk as per a normal breakfast ?
Keep getting images in my head that if the eater lives in Lestah then it's normal practice to get your sister to piss on it before consumption.

Eat it like a biscuit

NortonSkyBlue

They have brought in some expensive players- probably not as expensive this year- to buy their way out. Just for that they should not be getting public funding support

They have played teams who lost interest in the league during covid- seeing little benefit in carrying on but losing money and not having cash handouts to call on

Certain events in the league have gone their way with teams unable to play or having weakened squads
The money given is for the stadium to be ready to host events at the commonwealth games, not for Wasps to spend on players or their debt.

Mcbean

Sadly they are in the final so they will become billy big bollocks again if they win - attracting sponsorship

mr_monkey

Sadly they are in the final so they will become billy big bollocks again if they win - attracting sponsorship

Sponsorship means nothing if their bond holders refuses to negate their payments

And also tbf rugby is proper fucked at the moment, I don't think they even have TV partners for next season yet

Irish Sky Blue

What would be the plan if Wasps don’t collapse because I don’t see that this is something that is certain to happen? What happens If Wasps collapse but then are saved by some financial white knight charging to their rescue? We are marooned in another city. We need to be back in Coventry as soon as possible. Any other scenario would not be financially sustainable for long. Clive Eakin on the phone in on Friday said that he believed the rent at St Andrews was double that at the Ricoh. Higher rent, less income, not a recipe for long term stability.

Users who are viewing this thread