Fresh Ricoh talks (1 Viewer)

robbiethemole

Just seen on the East Mids news here, the Tigers CEO reckons they've lost c £8m this year and without a Government bailout several clubs will be very close to folding. He listed themselves, Saints, Wasps, Quins and Exeter, so most of the top 6.

We can only hope he is correct re Wasps as far as I'm concerned.

Nick

Administrator
What, a game of soggy weetabix at the back of the coach (whilst pouring beer over their heads and giving each other bro-jobs ;))

Edit: or did I get the wrong end of the stick, so to speak?!

Couldn't possibly comment.

giphy.gif

oldfiver

Just seen on the East Mids news here, the Tigers CEO reckons they've lost c £8m this year and without a Government bailout several clubs will be very close to folding. He listed themselves, Saints, Wasps, Quins and Exeter, so most of the top 6.

We can only hope he is correct re Wasps as far as I'm concerned.

£6m a week ago according to Bobby Bridge

Samo

Mate of mine has marmite on weetabix. Dirty ain't the word, he laps that shit up.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Dirty, dirty bastards

chiefdave

Think there's some semantics going on here. An £8m drop in revenue is obviously a huge issue but its not an £8m loss as there would be costs associated with those revenues that are no longer being paid out.

And of course it depends on your starting point. This is where Wasps have a real issue, they were in the worst position to start off with so any losses now are just making issues worse. Sides like Exeter who were making a profit are far better positioned to see this out and even then its going to be tricky. Starting from a position of huge debts and huge annual losses is the worst case scenario and makes it difficult to see how they can be handed money by the taxpayer.

Philosorapter

Just out of interest, if the valuation of the Arena goes down drastically by £20 million or so then does this show up on the balance sheet as revenue lost etc?

Monners

I used to live near the Weetabix factory. Lovely smells coming over when the wind was in the right direction.

shmmeee

Maybe Weetabix could sponsor our new stadium.

The Weetabix Bowl !

BBC coms could introduce the show like.

We are here at a soggy Weetabix bowl as Premiership champions Coventry City take on championship Manchester United in the FA cup.

No soulless bowls!

The Weetabix four sided stadium thank you very much 😤

Flying Fokker

The King Power and Welford Rd are only a few hundred yards apart but two totally different crowds go to them, so no conflict there so why not two grounds in Cov, at least we wont have to look at the Ricoh from the new ground.

BTW, if we go back short-term where will my seat I've paid for be??........................still in St Andrews???
it Won’t matter about the seat..maybe you need a camping chair instead?🤪

Users who are viewing this thread