Fresh Ricoh talks (3 Viewers)

shmmeee

We all know we don't need to own a stadium, its about revenue access. No reason we can't access revenues without building or owning a stadium but of course that is reliant on who we are dealing with. At the moment the only option would be the Ricoh and while Wasps maintain their current stance that's not going to happen.

The problem is nobody at the club has ever had to give any detail as whenever they state we can finance a competitive team in L1 / L2 but not the Championship without resolving the ground issue the response is always 'they'll never build a ground' rather than asking how that puts us in a position to be competitive in the Championship. Personally I don't see how it works when you've got owners of other clubs happy to chuck £10m plus away each year chasing promotion.

This is exactly my worry. Look at that wages vs revenue graph from a few years ago. Virtually everyone was over 100%. I worry that these days the Championship is a money pit. It’s a real shit sandwich cos I think it’s our natural level in terms of “club size”, but I wouldn’t want us to go for broke to stay there.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Exactly
That is why the answer will always be to do a deal with Wasps and own 50% of the Ricoh and share the sponsorship revenue etc and both sides keep the revenue through there own match days, corporate hospitality and marketing efforts
This will have to be the final outcome as Wasps need investment to support bonds and other borrowings in the near future.
Depends really if an alleged new stadium will cost 30 million - the current figures and wasps request half the value of the Ricoh lease which is 25 million. It’s probably financially better long term to build a new stadium and keep 100% of the income.

shmmeee

Depends really if an alleged new stadium will cost 30 million - the current figures and wasps request half the value of the Ricoh lease which is 25 million. It’s probably financially better long term to build a new stadium and keep 100% of the income.

I think the bigger point is Wasps don’t want to sell half their share TBH. I get the impression there would be a deal to be done if they did, as you say it would surely be less than a new ground if priced fairly. And as I say I did hear a rumour that Sisu were asking for part ownership in previous talks but Wasps didn’t want to know.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

I think the bigger point is Wasps don’t want to sell half their share TBH. I get the impression there would be a deal to be done if they did, as you say it would surely be less than a new ground if priced fairly. And as I say I did hear a rumour that Sisu were asking for part ownership in previous talks but Wasps didn’t want to know.
Well then this is where the impasse is. I guess they want us to play premium rent and want a massive cut of the football money.

im happy to rent, but I want the football club to keep all the money that’s made from football. Including sponsorship

shepardo01

Well then this is where the impasse is. I guess they want us to play premium rent and want a massive cut of the football money.

im happy to rent, but I want the football club to keep all the money that’s made from football. Including sponsorship
Been told that too.
Also that in terms of any stadium naming deal that they wanted pretty much everything despite any deal only being desirable if CCFC were there.

shmmeee

I don’t think so TBH. Again I know nothing other than what you hear on the grapevine but I get the impression we would be able to go back on similar terms to before or better. Both sides have always said it’s not commercial terms that’s the issue but other factors (ownership or the legals seemingly).

I wonder if Joy isn’t getting caught up in the “Wasps Spiral Downwards” thread on here and thinking we may be best waiting the season out. Maybe the summer’s drama was a last ditch attempt to force movement on ownership. Maybe she’s genuinely decided if ownership is off the table we really will build. Who fucking knows any more?

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
We all know we don't need to own a stadium, its about revenue access. No reason we can't access revenues without building or owning a stadium but of course that is reliant on who we are dealing with. At the moment the only option would be the Ricoh and while Wasps maintain their current stance that's not going to happen.

The problem is nobody at the club has ever had to give any detail as whenever they state we can finance a competitive team in L1 / L2 but not the Championship without resolving the ground issue the response is always 'they'll never build a ground' rather than asking how that puts us in a position to be competitive in the Championship. Personally I don't see how it works when you've got owners of other clubs happy to chuck £10m plus away each year chasing promotion.

I fully agree. I just do not see how it works either.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
I would think part of the problem is who compensates bcfc for the loss of tenant income. Neither ccfc nor wasps are in a great position financially to pay out dead money effectively

letsallsingtogether

I would think part of the problem is who compensates bcfc for the loss of tenant income. Neither ccfc nor wasps are in a great position financially to pay out dead money effectively
Surely they would have a get out clause, and put the money to one side.

Sky Blue Pete

I think it’s fair to say money would be found it it made sense for the future success of ccfc

Users who are viewing this thread