Football Manager (4 Viewers)

Brighton Sky Blue

FM2018 is what I have my legendary Hellas Verona save on - I signed Jodi Jones and turned him into a decent Serie A player - eventually, he fell out of favour before being signed by Spurs. At one point I made the fans furious by signing a Cov youth regen for a few millions to help them out - it seems i've become quite Italianised.

I think CCFC was my longest save on that. Really enjoyed passing Lesta on the way up to the top flight and bringing back Maddison in the process.

Derry City really was my favourite of them all though from FM21.

Sick Boy

Made the mistake of starting up FM21 yesterday with Hellas Verona, 4 games gone and undefeated; wasted all my budget on a defender.

Terry Gibson's perm

Seeing this thread makes me want to start playing again, if started playing on championship manager when you had to hold the space bar down to speed up and when the season ended it took all night to work through the pre season.

What is everyone playing on iPad or laptop?

vow

Seeing this thread makes me want to start playing again, if started playing on championship manager when you had to hold the space bar down to speed up and when the season ended it took all night to work through the pre season.

What is everyone playing on iPad or laptop?
PC

Brighton Sky Blue

Wow in 29/30 4th highest I’ve managed

Yeah was quite surprised myself, it wasn’t particularly close either. Club reputation is still ‘national’ though so I’ve been scooped by other sides for a number of targets.

Joe Gelhardt, Brenner and Cantwell did the business

ajsccfc

In 2028/9 maybe now, something like that. Having my best season and went into April only single figures away from top spot but a fixture run of Liverpool, Spurs, Arsenal, Chelsea and Man City has put paid to that so I'm hoping to snag a European spot.

On the plus side, I've got a sweet brown Le Coq Sportif away kit lined up for next season so I can only assume shirt sales will make us the richest club on the planet

stay_up_skyblues

Sacked by Solihull Moors in 2040, in a season I won the FA Cup. I took that team from the conference to the height of the Prem, finishing second twice. Won the Europa cup x1, Champions League x1, FA Cup x2 and League Cup x2. Left them in a 30,000 seater stadium and with a team full of elite players and wonderkids. After making all three cup finals this season I only mustered a 7th placed league finish so they pulled the plug. Replaced by AVB. Wankers. Enjoy my statue 😡😡😡

Brighton Sky Blue

Trying to overthrow Bayern Munich with 1860. Got up to the top flight with back to back promotions and finished 3rd then runners up. They’ve now won 13 titles straight and Lewandowski despite being 37 is still almost unplayable.

Interesting challenge.

PUSB-We_are_going_up

Took on St.Albans was with them for 3 seasons steared them from relegation fodder to promotion candidates in the league above (VNL).
Got approached by Scunthorpe who were midtable in the VNL, decided that St.Albans would be fine without me, St.Albans get instantly relagated finished 5th with scunny, lost playoff semi final. Won the league the next year now I’m back up to L2 with high hopes with a media prediction of 6th. Although the board are happy with avoiding relegation Im going for Mid-table. I’m sure no one cares but there is a narrative of my current non-league to Champions league save

PUSB-We_are_going_up

So hard to improve the team without any money!
I completely agree, I always look to the premier league released lists for players with potential, and I look to loan in players with a view to sign end of contract, its impossible to spend fees on players though, and if a player reaches 0 value if fully scouted and they would suit my team I always go out and sign them if they are good enough

Sky Blue Pete

I completely agree, I always look to the premier league released lists for players with potential, and I look to loan in players with a view to sign end of contract, its impossible to spend fees on players though, and if a player reaches 0 value if fully scouted and they would suit my team I always go out and sign them if they are good enough
Reasonable start 2 wins and a draw. Predicted 21st out of 24

Done quite well getting a competitive squad together. Trying to get a much better keeper but ended up with a Northampton 18 year old.

PUSB-We_are_going_up

Reasonable start 2 wins and a draw. Predicted 21st out of 24

Done quite well getting a competitive squad together. Trying to get a much better keeper but ended up with a Northampton 18 year old.
I normally find it really difficult to find goalkeepers, but I’ve managed to get lucky and loan a Norwich keeper called David Aziaya and he was league 2 quality in my VNL promotion season and he is now the best player in League 2 for me, still on loan but whats FM without endless continuing loans

Sky Blue Pete

I normally find it really difficult to find goalkeepers, but I’ve managed to get lucky and loan a Norwich keeper called David Aziaya and he was league 2 quality in my VNL promotion season and he is now the best player in League 2 for me, still on loan but whats FM without endless continuing loans
All the other teams have players worth 500k my highest is 10k lol

PUSB-We_are_going_up

All the other teams have players worth 500k my highest is 10k lol
Im in L2 where I think my highest value is 350k, I think it depends on reputation or being in control of a team because I was always like that to be honest, I had the 2nd top scorer with 23 goals and he was only valued at around 80k when someone who hadnt scored all season was at 850k on an opposing team

Sky Blue Pete

Im in L2 where I think my highest value is 350k, I think it depends on reputation or being in control of a team because I was always like that to be honest, I had the 2nd top scorer with 23 goals and he was only valued at around 80k when someone who hadnt scored all season was at 850k on an opposing team
Who with??

Brighton Sky Blue

Had the weird scenario of the board wanting to build a new ground, so temporarily played in the Munich Olympic stadium, getting 55,000 a game. Then moved into the new ground with a capacity of 40k.
Expected better from the Germans

Users who are viewing this thread