What Happened to This? (1 Viewer)

shmmeee

http://www.coventryobserver.co.uk/2012/01/14/sport-Sky-Blues-close-to-naming-new-CEO-27244.html

TIM Fisher has revealed the Sky Blues were close to announcing their new chief executive following the departure of both Ken Dulieu and Paul Clouting at the back end of 2011.

The club's interim managing director has been heavily involved in the recruitment process since Dulieu's resignation in December.

An appointment looks set to be made by the end of January and Fisher also confirmed the Sky Blues would consider hiring a permanent director of football to aid manager Andy Thorn.

"I have cut a long list of candidates down to ten and I have been conducting interviews for the role. I have a few more to speak with before I produce a shortlist," Mr Fisher told the Observer.

"As for the new chairman, I have a small number of people in mind who I believe have the right profile for the role.

"It will be a person with local knowledge. They may not necessarily live in the area but they will have an in-depth knowledge of the club and will have had long connections with it too.

"We haven't formally removed the director of football role. At the moment we have Steve Waggot helping Andy Thorn identify key players and Steve is filtering out those who are available for the right price."

Fisher became an executive director of the football club's board in yet another shake up at board level following the resignation of Dulieu.

He managed to attract co-investment to Charlton Athletic who were now in a healthy position at the top of League One and Fisher believed the Sky Blues can become another one of his success stories.

"I am here for the long term," he added.

"My role at the club is firstly to provide leadership at what is an important time of the year for the football club.

"At the moment there is a real need for patience and I understand that key decisions need to be made which may not please supporters.”

"Turnarounds are possible and can happen but what we need is stability and there is a need to steady the ship."

Oh, and good job on the stability: one relegation, five managers and two stadia later...

Users who are viewing this thread