Football Manager (1 Viewer)

vow

Big January transfer window. Just sold Ohare to udinese for 6m - he wasn’t playing although scored the winner away at Watford
How very dare you sell Co'H!

he is in my 2016 version atm, it's 2021 still at Villa in the U21's not having played even one subs appearance in 6 years for them and not been sent out on loan ever.

Sky Blue Pete

Won the league cup so have far far too many games. Luckily I’ve got about 15 very good players now. Not enough quality at the back though. In the group of the euro thingy and about 5th going into October. Still searching for a top quality striker

Reactions: vow

vow

Won the league cup so have far far too many games. Luckily I’ve got about 15 very good players now. Not enough quality at the back though. In the group of the euro thingy and about 5th going into October. Still searching for a top quality striker
I've done v well and managed to finish 4th, I was worried re. expectation following season but Cellino has said Mid-table, so I'm v happy about that...no pressure!

About to to go into the CLeague qualifying round for the group stage, heady heights indeed. Genuinely think I have massively overachieved in the PL last season, so this season I'd like to consolidate.

Agreed, finding a quality British/English striker for CL/EPL purposes are v hard to find......Huddersfield have spent a shed load on English talent, like £32M on an English striker and they're not even in any european comp!
I might take a leaf out of their book tbh and buy quality rather than quantity as I'm doing a bit of a 'Chelsea' atm, buying young talent and loaning them out for fees, so that up the transfer kitty. It's a bit of a pain come pre-season though, as all i'm doing is loaning out young players and it takes an age, a right PITArse!

Sky Blue Pete

I've done v well and managed to finish 4th, I was worried re. expectation following season but Cellino has said Mid-table, so I'm v happy about that...no pressure!

About to to go into the CLeague qualifying round for the group stage, heady heights indeed. Genuinely think I have massively overachieved in the PL last season, so this season I'd like to consolidate.

Agreed, finding a quality British/English striker for CL/EPL purposes are v hard to find......Huddersfield have spent a shed load on English talent, like £32M on an English striker and they're not even in any european comp!
I might take a leaf out of their book tbh and buy quality rather than quantity as I'm doing a bit of a 'Chelsea' atm, buying young talent and loaning them out for fees, so that up the transfer kitty. It's a bit of a pain come pre-season though, as all i'm doing is loaning out young players and it takes an age, a right PITArse!
You did much better than me

• Love

vow

You did much better than me
Tbh, that new tactic for away games has worked v well, but it's not for the faint hearted as you don't get a lot of possesion, which makes me panic a bit!

apologies for the 15 mins you won't get back from watching this...
it's FM16 but I think the theory still works!?

Sky Blue Pete

Tbh, that new tactic for away games has worked v well, but it's not for the faint hearted as you don't get a lot of possesion, which makes me panic a bit!

apologies for the 15 mins you won't get back from watching this...
it's FM16 but I think the theory still works!?

I went for the 4-3-2-1 2dm and balanced which has worked well. Only bad loss has been away to galatassary in cup. Can’t compete with Man Utd, Liverpool ever. Getting closer though

ajsccfc

I've had my best season yet and after hovering anywhere between 6th and 12th I nicked 7th. Thanks to Spurs finishing above me but winning some kind of cup I've qualified for the UEFA Conference League, which sounds the opposite of glamourous but I'll take it

vow

Team struggling now with fatigue and so many games. Think we’ll manage 6th but be nice to push 4th
Lost to Athletico Madrid in CL play-off round and demoted to Euro Cup but thats ok.
I'm kinda fearing fatigue/jadedness too tbh as my Centre-backs are good but I'm one quality CB short.

stay_up_skyblues

Just been sacked for the first time in a long time. Currently in year 2029 and my route was;

Bohemians (won everything domestic)
Oldham (left them 3rd in league two)
Coventry (promoted from league 1 to championship)
Fulham (promoted from championship to premier league and finished 10th and 12th)

Sacked by Fulham in the third top flight season 19th in the league with 28 games gone. Not sure what went wrong as I’d signed some cracking players…

Currently seeking new employment and may drop down the leagues. You wouldn’t believe I turned down the England job last season!

Sky Blue Pete

Just been sacked for the first time in a long time. Currently in year 2029 and my route was;

Fulham (promoted from championship to premier league and finished 10th and 12th)

Sacked by Fulham in the third top flight season 19th in the league with 28 games gone. Not sure what went wrong as I’d signed some cracking players…

Currently seeking new employment and may drop down the leagues. You wouldn’t believe I turned down the England job last season!
That’s ha ha at turning down the England job

Sky Blue Pete

Lost to Athletico Madrid in CL play-off round and demoted to Euro Cup but thats ok. Had a player sent off after 3 mins of the home leg. Still won the game 1-0 though
I'm kinda fearing fatigue/jadedness too tbh as my Centre-backs are good but I'm one quality CB short.
Managed 4th. Lost on pens in the semi of the euro nations thing
Spent all my summer budget on loan player from the previous year. £18m I think but he’s worth £53m
Trying to be cheeky with another couple of loans and mandatory fee the following year but have no money

vow

I'm very loyal to my current club and would hate to be sacked after the time and effort of buying/promoting youth to the first team and seeing them flourish....however I have played earlier versions where I've jumped ship a few times!

I do understand it's football 'Manager' and not Football 'Team' but I'm a loyal person at heart and enjoy building a smaller club up rather than getting the Big job with everything in place! each to their own so fair play to you for building your career.

I've been offered International jobs but I can't be arsed with it!

stay_up_skyblues

I'm very loyal to my current club and would hate to be sacked after the time and effort of buying/promoting youth to the first team and seeing them flourish....however I have played earlier versions where I've jumped ship a few times!

I do understand it's football 'Manager' and not Football 'Team' but I'm a loyal person at heart and enjoy building a smaller club up rather than getting the Big job with everything in place! each to their own so fair play to you for building your career.

Yes I get that mate 9/10 games I’m Cov and Cov only. This game was meant to be a change hence starting in Ireland. Although I couldn’t resist the City job when it came up. I intend to return home one day.

Agree on international jobs. Done England and Cov a few times and it’s just a hindrance.

vow

Yes I get that mate 9/10 games I’m Cov and Cov only. This game was meant to be a change hence starting in Ireland. Although I couldn’t resist the City job when it came up. I intend to return home one day.

Agree on international jobs. Done England and Cov a few times and it’s just a hindrance.
The lure of home is strong in this one!

Playing FM16 atm so City were in league 1 and the temptation was too great to not start with them, I would normally start with Natioal league south/north.
When I eventually move to FM17 I think I'll probably be City again as I think they're in L2 by that time?

ajsccfc

I've done a few journeyman saves which are always fun but mostly I'm the same, start with someone and play it out until I get bored/sacked and then start a new game from scratch

Sky Blue Pete

Dodgy start lost 2-0 lead to draw with Leeds lost to Man U and Chelsea then beat wolves and first group game in champions league beat borrussia dortmund 4-1

vow

Dodgy start lost 2-0 lead to draw with Leeds lost to Man U and Chelsea then beat wolves and first group game in champions league beat borrussia dortmund 4-1
Did you have to go in a play-off to get into the CL group stage? I did and as mentioned earlier got trounced by Athletico Madrid but doing v well in euro Cup into the knockout stage.

Sky Blue Pete

Did you have to go in a play-off to get into the CL group stage? I did and as mentioned earlier got trounced by Athletico Madrid but doing v well in euro Cup into the knockout stage.
Straight into group but drew juventus in first knock out round although seeded so won’t win that. Struggled this year think I got too many new players and they’ve taken time to gel. 8th in Feb

ajsccfc

I now understand what the UEFA Conference thing is even less than I did before. Despite qualifying for it and getting a news item confirming so, I'm halfway through the next season and haven't played a single game of the competition they seem to have forgotten to invite me to. Unless I'm getting a bye straight to the semi finals I have no idea what's happened and why

Sky Blue Pete

I now understand what the UEFA Conference thing is even less than I did before. Despite qualifying for it and getting a news item confirming so, I'm halfway through the next season and haven't played a single game of the competition they seem to have forgotten to invite me to. Unless I'm getting a bye straight to the semi finals I have no idea what's happened and why
Some clubs come in in Feb

ajsccfc

Are they clubs who drop out of other competitions or is it likely I start then? Seems an odd competition.

Just checked, I'm just gone into Feb now so fingers crossed

baldy

I can’t play FM now without using the level 15 database - I’m manager of Greenbury in the Kent premier district league or whatever it’s called & I luv it - it’s even got the regional cup competitions too

vow

I can’t play FM now without using the level 15 database - I’m manager of Greenbury in the Kent premier district league or whatever it’s called & I luv it - it’s even got the regional cup competitions too
Prefer level 42 myself....
I didn’t even know FM went that low! Or do you have to download the database from a 3rd party?

baldy

Prefer level 42 myself....
I didn’t even know FM went that low! Or do you have to download the database from a 3rd party?

(Level 42 are actually good 👍) Yeah there’s a bloke on the Editors Hideaway FM forum who creates a database every year & puts up links on there - it’s easy to download plus some of the teams are so random & sound so obscure ie in my league alone there’s Bullys Crusaders & Elizabeth Allen Old Boys 🤣

Brighton Sky Blue

The lure of home is strong in this one!

Playing FM16 atm so City were in league 1 and the temptation was too great to not start with them, I would normally start with Natioal league south/north.
When I eventually move to FM17 I think I'll probably be City again as I think they're in L2 by that time?

That’s FM18 and a fun challenge even if you aren’t a City fan. Getting out of L2 is easy enough but your budget isn’t great even in L1.

Current version I’ve been quite late to the party but squeezed home to the title in 21/22, finished 10th first season in the top flight with some memorable results and some hammerings in return.

Sick Boy

That’s FM18 and a fun challenge even if you aren’t a City fan. Getting out of L2 is easy enough but your budget isn’t great even in L1.

Current version I’ve been quite late to the party but squeezed home to the title in 21/22, finished 10th first season in the top flight with some memorable results and some hammerings in return.
FM2018 is what I have my legendary Hellas Verona save on - I signed Jodi Jones and turned him into a decent Serie A player - eventually, he fell out of favour before being signed by Spurs. At one point I made the fans furious by signing a Cov youth regen for a few million to help them out - it seems i've become quite Italianised.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread