Football Manager (3 Viewers)

stay_up_skyblues

Tried the Xbox version today. It’s the whole game but I just can’t get on with the controls and lack of keyboard. Also far too much going on for a big screen. Not for me.

SeaSeeEffCee

Finally got round to playing this years, bit late I know. Managed to get Cov promoted in my first year, Gyok top scorer in the Champ, and then midway through my first season in the Prem we’ve been bought out by a Swedish tycoon. Suddenly gone from 400k wage budget to £1.5m and £40m transfer budget, as well as season expectations shifting from survive relegation to finish mid-table. Brought in Denis Zakaria (who Juve were desperate to get rid of for some reason) for £5m, Lewis Cook for £8m, Ostigard for £2m, Daniel Ballard for £6m, Halil Dervisoglu for £9m, Diego Rossi for £1m (not sure why he was so cheap), Joel Piroe for £5m and a ton of young development players too. Gyokeres still banging in the goals, had 13 in the League by Christmas but he’s out for two months and the form has dropped off with him out. Hoping that I should be able to finish 8th-10th and then push for the Conference League next season.

Brighton Sky Blue

Finally got round to playing this years, bit late I know. Managed to get Cov promoted in my first year, Gyok top scorer in the Champ, and then midway through my first season in the Prem we’ve been bought out by a Swedish tycoon. Suddenly gone from 400k wage budget to £1.5m and £40m transfer budget, as well as season expectations shifting from survive relegation to finish mid-table. Brought in Denis Zakaria (who Juve were desperate to get rid of for some reason) for £5m, Lewis Cook for £8m, Ostigard for £2m, Daniel Ballard for £6m, Halil Dervisoglu for £9m, Diego Rossi for £1m (not sure why he was so cheap), Joel Piroe for £5m and a ton of young development players too. Gyokeres still banging in the goals, had 13 in the League by Christmas but he’s out for two months and the form has dropped off with him out. Hoping that I should be able to finish 8th-10th and then push for the Conference League next season.

Chris Mepham if still available in your save is definitely one to go for. Good enough to still be a squad player in my title winning side

Sky Blue Pete

Chris Mepham if still available in your save is definitely one to go for. Good enough to still be a squad player in my title winning side
Leamington sitting top after 33 games first season in sky bet league 2 after back to back promotions from vanarama north. Still playing at Coventry rugbys ground but had to play at six fields while it was improved

Looking good for a third promotion

SeaSeeEffCee

I do need to strengthen at CB for sure. Playing a 5-2-1-2 and still starting JCS and Hyam some games are they’re pretty far off the standard.

stay_up_skyblues

My first foray into the newest one (Xbox version) just ended in sacking in season three, 14th in championship. Followed a takeover by a local businessman who gave me fuck all extra to spend. I’ve just taken the Hull job (22nd) with 15 games to go but have lost the desire now tbh. Might start again in conference/league 2, they’re always the most enjoyable games.

Nick

Administrator
My first foray into the newest one (Xbox version) just ended in sacking in season three, 14th in championship. Followed a takeover by a local businessman who gave me fuck all extra to spend. I’ve just taken the Hull job (22nd) with 15 games to go but have lost the desire now tbh. Might start again in conference/league 2, they’re always the most enjoyable games.
Do you use a keyboard and mouse?

baldy

You should download the level 15,or whatever it is,database - it’s brilliant
I‘m manager of Newbury Forest in the Essex premier league & it‘s really enjoyable (got proper players still knocking about down there at that level plus all the regional cups for each league too)

Reactions: vow

Brighton Sky Blue

You should download the level 15,or whatever it is,database - it’s brilliant
I‘m manager of Newbury Forest in the Essex premier league & it‘s really enjoyable (got proper players still knocking about down there at that level plus all the regional cups for each league too)

I went for Cov Alvis at the bottom of the ladder. A bit funny dealing with there being no costs, wages, contracts etc

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Quick question.

As you can have all sorts of levels to play (esp. in England) are any of the women's leagues available?

robbiekeane

Gutted they got rid of the iPad version this year. I only have a work laptop and iPad and the missus has a Nintendo switch.

Not really sure I want to buy a whole new computer for it

vow

Dragged back into an old save of FM16.....why? i'm fed up not being able to play myself as I'm injured.

vow

Getting withdrawal symptoms as I'm away for the weekend.

Pressure is on though as the board wants city to win the Premier league this season :unsure: 😱 I'm in 2024 (FM16)

Sky Blue Pete

Nice one Pete!
Won the league once and league Cup twice, lost in FA Cup and Europa league finals....

P. S. No one likes a show off Peter....
it is 2036 and any progress from nationwide south was based on loans and free transfers

• Love
Reactions: vow

vow

Done the domestic treble with the Sly Blues in 2025 and I'm getting itchy feet, even though my squad/signings/youth are really coming along nicely!

Perhaps Man City next...........they have a bit of money apparently.

My wife has already called me a traitor for even thinking about it.

Users who are viewing this thread