Football Manager (3 Viewers)

Liquid Gold

I wish there were more football manager saves where things don't work out and you end up relegated and sacked.

Every single person that plays it gets multiple promotions, not realistic and ruins it for me.

Most memorable saves included failures as well as successes.

ajsccfc

I was in danger of it after being relegated and then being firmly mid-table Championship going into December, but otherwise I find Cov one of the more forgiving team choices you can make in that regard. If I ever start with a top flight club with expectations, I tend to last as long as the average Watford manager.

That does sometimes lead you on to a proper journeyman save though which are always fun

vow

I think my save/game has fooked up! Got a promotion to the Premier league and in my inbox said "Coventry given £90M for the PL season" but it's not in the account!

I hope it's not a bug as I've spent so much time on the fookin thing.

Sky Blue Pete

Don’t know what’s worse losing every game of winning the odd one and staying between 17th and 20th with the hope of just staying up. To be fair I’ve got a good team too

Brighton Sky Blue

Done a very enjoyable save with Derry City in the League of Ireland, took 20 seasons but won the Champions League and bumped up the Irish coefficient enough not to have to go through qualifying. League winners every season and became satisfying nicking players off the top English clubs after a number of years extracting big fees the other direction.

Probably one of the most satisfying I’ve done

Skybluefaz

Just started a save with 3rd best team in serbia , fk vojvodina . Trying to beat red star and partizan to the title , then win the UCL

giphy.gif

vow

I think my save/game has fooked up! Got a promotion to the Premier league and in my inbox said "Coventry given £90M for the PL season" but it's not in the account!

I hope it's not a bug as I've spent so much time on the fookin thing.
Panic over, the TV money goes in the account incrementally! I was used to it going in as a huge lump sump in previous versions (playing FM16 atm)

@Sky Blue Pete made me chuckle with the SISU comment, but Fisher is long gone and I have Massimo Cellino of Leeds Utd fame now, he seems to back me with requests I ask for. Fisher was so disliked by the fans, thank fook he's gone.

ajsccfc

In mine SISU sold up after the first season, the new owners were fronted by ex-Man Utd scoop merchant Karel Poborsky who I'm happy to say is a great owner although he's refusing to either buy the CBS or build a new one as 97% average attendance isn't enough to justify it. Fair enough, actually

Alkhen

Football manager has grabbed me this year. no saves have stuck for a good few year but im all in at the moment, really not getting enough sleep.

Weirdly I just cant get into playing as Cov, I think it just bugs me when I win in game and they lose IRL. basically im just a big baby.

So far in FM22 Ive taken Forest Green to the Premier League by winning the leagues. Im on the verge of a new stadium after having to ground share with Reading.

Bit annoying that all the players I signed in the champ now instantly want a new contract on 5-10x their current wage

Last edited:

Sky Blue Pete

Football manager has grabbed me this year. no saves have stuck for a good few year but im all in at the moment, really not getting enough sleep.

Weirdly I just cant get into playing as Cov, I think it just bugs me when I win in game and they lose IRL. basically im just a big baby.

So far in FM22 Ive taken Forest Green to the Premier League by winning the leagues. Im on the verge of a new stadium after having to ground share with Reading.

Bit annoying that all the players I signed in the champ now instantly want 5-10x their current wages and every player
What formation and tactics ??

Alkhen

What formation and tactics ??

I'll load it up in a bit and get some screen shots. Basically Ive used a 4-2-3-1 throughout. Against bigger teams I drop either 1 or both CMs to DMs. Used attacking Gegenpress which absolutly smashed up League 1&2. hit a bit of a brickwall in the Championship so switched to more of balanced slower passing style and didn't look back. I Have quite a agressive defence, constantly getting rival managers slagging me off for having a ditry team :D both CBs I picked up season 1 on loan (Tyler Magloire & Malachi Fagan-Walcott) have rediculous pace which really helps, they both went out of contract within the first few years so picked them up for free.

I also spam the time waste and slow pace option if I go 1 nil up against a big/rival team.

Despite a wobbly start I won the Championship on goal difference on the last day of the season. Only had a few games in the Prem so far and it is far harder.

mr_monkey

Done a very enjoyable save with Derry City in the League of Ireland, took 20 seasons but won the Champions League and bumped up the Irish coefficient enough not to have to go through qualifying. League winners every season and became satisfying nicking players off the top English clubs after a number of years extracting big fees the other direction.

Probably one of the most satisfying I’ve done

I'm doing one with cork city (started unemployed with no badges and that's the first job that I got)

Promoted from first division and now on the back of 4 premier Division titles in a row (including two unbeaten seasons) never managed in Ireland before and really enjoying it

Reactions: vow

Brighton Sky Blue

I'm doing one with cork city (started unemployed with no badges and that's the first job that I got)

Promoted from first division and now on the back of 4 premier Division titles in a row (including two unbeaten seasons) never managed in Ireland before and really enjoying it

Nor had I, initially just scrambled around for decent freebies and loans but once you get a hold of it, it's a good challenge

mr_monkey

Nor had I, initially just scrambled around for decent freebies and loans but once you get a hold of it, it's a good challenge

I do have a midfield including Liam Walsh and Charlie mccann to keep a tenuous cov link 🙈 first save I've really go in to this year after bouncing off a load

Brighton Sky Blue

I do have a midfield including Liam Walsh and Charlie mccann to keep a tenuous cov link 🙈 first save I've really go in to this year after bouncing off a load

Derry had a link with Sheff Utd so I was able to get a few decent youth players on loan and top it up with some frees. That was the pattern for a good while until I started qualifying for Europe, and was able to bring in better to sell for big profits down the line. Had an incredible loanee from Liverpool in the last few years who they kept allowing to stay, but didn't want to sign permanently because he felt the fans didn't like him?

After the first half dozen seasons or so I just skipped all the league games

vow

Stayed up
Me too!
Now I'm expected to finish Mid-table!?? fook me, Cellino better get his chequebook out....however to be fair, he's splashed the cash on training and youth facilities, bought the stadium, which is ok, as the PL cash covers the debt (and some).

I do need to get out more though!

Sky Blue Pete

Me too!
Now I'm expected to finish Mid-table!?? fook me, Cellino better get his chequebook out....however to be fair, he's splashed the cash on training and youth facilities, bought the stadium, which is ok, as the PL cash covers the debt (and some).

I do need to get out more though!
Finished 12th second season and improved the team to be told I was 900/1 for title and equal favourites to go down. Started well enough though win and two draws

vow

Bit annoying not to be able to change the reputation from 3 stars
True, as you can attract better quality players but I managed to get 3 1/2 stars after 1st season finishing 12th.
Currently 9th end of January and not sure if I should splash out or not on a young English defender around £25M, could take me to next level.....I really should get out of the house! 🙂

Alkhen

Still playing my FGR save.

Some weird/interesting things

The game has the new stadium preplanned 5,000 seater. Was due to move in start of the 2025/26 season

Got promoted to the Prem for the 2024/25 season but as the current ground doesn't meet the Premier League min ground rules the board announced we'd be ground sharing with Reading?!

Stayed up quite comfortably after a sticky start.

Start of the 2025/26 season Board anounce new stadium is ready and it is miraculously now a 12,500 seater?! The game must auto adjust preplanned stadia to match the main rules.

Had a really strong season in the new stadium finished 7th. Absolutely robbed of a Euro cup 2 place when bloody Brighton won the FA cup and stole the place. If ManCity had I'd have bagged the spot 😢

Done well with bagging amazing regen players from the in game NX100 list I have 4 worth over 80m. But like people mentioned above I've hit a bit of a wall with getting the club's rep up to Prem standard. Kind of annoying as I'm getting pipped to targets by middling Champ teams.

Sky Blue Pete

All my players decided to lose standards at the start of this season. Thought I’d really progressed but struggling near the bottom

Last edited:
  • Sad

vow

Managed an 8 game unbeaten run up to 12th and 7 points out of relegation zone but players ratings not improved. Oh well
Players ratings? as in match performance ratings?

Nice one, doing a lot better myself too....too well tbh (expectation will go through the roof if I manage a CL spot!) as I changed to a completely different tactic I found on YouTube, 2 DM's very defensive/counter attack not very much possesion but seems to work against bigger teams.

I didn't buy the CB for £25M in the end...

Sky Blue Pete

Players ratings? as in match performance ratings?

Nice one, doing a lot better myself too....too well tbh (expectation will go through the roof if I manage a CL spot!) as I changed to a completely different tactic I found on YouTube, 2 DM's very defensive/counter attack not very much possesion but seems to work against bigger teams.

I didn't buy the CB for £25M in the end...
Tried 2dms but didn’t work too well

mix of 4-2-3-1 wide and narrow and 2 dms

mix of defensive and balanced depending on team I’m playing

Ratings are number of stars

Users who are viewing this thread