Football is back!!!! Premier League (2 Viewers)

Evo1883

Talking about past standards, this was the champions league final lineup in 2003 😮😮 300px-Juventus_vs_Milan_2003-05-28.svg.png

Evo1883

Utd v arsenal in 2003 Man_Utd_vs_Arsenal_2003-09-21.svg.png

Utd out of their depth despite having 6 world class players and Scholes missing

Arsenal missing Pires and sol Campbell

clint van damme

Didn't want to start another thread about this, so I'd thought I'd ask here:

Does anyone else find the "modern" game really dull? Feel like there's little need to watch a full 90 minutes and you'd be better off just watching highlights because so little happens now. The short, slow pass game results in nothing really happening for a good chunk of games, whereas the long ball was more end to end (obviously), more goals, faster tempo to scramble into position etc. Seems long ball play has been pushed out by fifa though with rule changes where if you so much as touch a player, they can and will fall down like a sniper took a shot.

Incredibly dull. Though I accept the BCDs and the saturation of televised games may play a part.
There just don't seem to be many exciting games anymore.

SG21

Incredibly dull. Though I accept the BCDs and the saturation of televised games may play a part.
There just don't seem to be many exciting games anymore.

I think the recent saturation hasn't helped, but even before that it's had issues. The thing the lockdown games have done for me is amplify the issues that I saw with it before.

Terry Gibson's perm

Part of the problem is the amount of available games if you miss a game another one will be along soon. Just wait until the boring international break kicks in 🥱 .

But games are getting boring a lot of teams once they get a goal that will do

Terry Gibson's perm

One of the most exciting bits in the Leeds Chelsea game is the sub getting subbed

SG21

Part of the problem is the amount of available games if you miss a game another one will be along soon. Just wait until the boring international break kicks in 🥱 .

But games are getting boring a lot of teams once they get a goal that will do

I noticed that. Not sure what it is, but the sport really needs a shot in the arm. Maybe we need a team to play in a way that the short pass standard Just doesn't work against 🤔

Terry Gibson's perm

I noticed that. Not sure what it is, but the sport really needs a shot in the arm. Maybe we need a team to play in a way that the short pass standard Just doesn't work against 🤔

Not a return to long ball, I actually think it would work if you got a couple of big blokes up front and put pressure on the defenders, but you would find VAR would rule everything out to so the defender getting touched.

SG21

Not a return to long ball, I actually think it would work if you got a couple of big blokes up front and put pressure on the defenders, but you would find VAR would rule everything out to so the defender getting touched.

Would be funny to see a team try it. The ref would have nightmares 😂

When I say long ball, I don't mean that's all of course. A mixed approach is always better, but the modern game itself seems to have dropped that too. It's now just short pass, slow build and maybe a goal after 12 attempts all game. They had a similiar issue in hockey once called the netural zone trap. Basically, the other team have to come at you or they can just sit there. Problem is, going after them resulted in being trapped.

skyblue1991

Wilfried Zaha becomes the first player not to take the knee before kick off.

Lots are saying fair play it's your own view, but not sure the same would be said if a white player did it...

Sent from my I3113 using Tapatalk

Terry Gibson's perm

Wilfried Zaha becomes the first player not to take the knee before kick off.

Lots are saying fair play it's your own view, but not sure the same would be said if a white player did it...

Sent from my I3113 using Tapatalk

It will make more news him not doing it so he has made the correct decision.

Evo1883

[QUOTE="David O'Day, post: 2225406, member

This is the premier league thread, come on now let's not try and hijack it... Inbox each other if you have an issue

Terry Gibson's perm

Just coming on and you have beaten me to it, very very clever finish one in a million

Nick

Administrator
Martin Tyler is fucking awful.

Commentators nowadays just try and hype everything up constantly, shit stats and say the same thing over and over.

Terry Gibson's perm

West Ham losing one nil on the attack get a corner time is up so the ref blows the whistle, would it have happened at the other end if Man Utd were losing?

Nick

Administrator
Martin Tyler and Don Goodman, what a pair of pricks.

The more I hear Martin Tyler's voice the more he does my head in, mentioned Coady being from Liverpool about 56 times.

Bugsy

Martin Tyler and Don Goodman, what a pair of pricks.

The more I hear Martin Tyler's voice the more he does my head in, mentioned Coady being from Liverpool about 56 times.

Don't forget the ides of march 😆

Bugsy

Boly didn't even touch him pathetic

Nick

Administrator
"I wonder if they will be able to bring on a substitute under concussion rules"
"that's what it's for"

Just fucking shut up

Users who are viewing this thread