Football is back!!!! Premier League (2 Viewers)

Evo1883

Would Bruno have made it in the good ol days you think?
He wouldn't stand out no

De bruyne is better than him anyway

I told you before, only 2 players from today make a team of the last 30 years and they both played at the end of the golden era

Football was Full of world class talent back in the mid 90s to mid 2000s... Maybe Bruno stands out to you because there's not that many greats today 🤷

If it's just nostalgia I hope people use that too when talking about Messi in 15 years 🤣

I'm absolutely positive that if Robert lewandowski can score 40 plus goals a season, then Ronaldo nazario today in his prime would score 60 plus a season
And Romario

And let's not talk about the state of Spanish football atm

Last edited:

covcity4life

He wouldn't stand out no

De bruyne is better than him anyway

I told you before, only 2 players from today make a team of the last 30 years and they both played at the end of the golden era

Football was Full of world class talent back in the mid 90s to mid 2000s... Maybe Bruno stands out to you because there's not that many greats today 🤷

If it's just nostalgia I hope people use that too when talking about Messi in 15 years 🤣

Maybe past eras were better i wont argue that but you are defibtley overdosing on nostalgia as it stops u enjoying footy fullstop outside of cov

Neymar lewdowaki kdb lukaku ramos pique David Silva off top my head all bona fide greats in any era imo

Evo1883

Maybe past eras were better i wont argue that but you are defibtley overdosing on nostalgia as it stops u enjoying footy fullstop outside of cov

Neymar lewdowaki kdb lukaku ramos pique David Silva off top my head all bona fide greats in any era imo

Not all of them for me, for starters the level of defenders has dropped massively, added to the physicality... It's part the reason so many players score so many goals every year... Protection that players get today they wouldn't have had... Football was just better to watch

Lukaku wouldn't have scored the amount he does in Italy back then like he does now for starters...

covcity4life

Not all of them for me, for starters the level of defenders has dropped massively, added to the physicality... It's part the reason so many players score so many goals every year... Protection that players get today they wouldn't have had... Football was just better to watch

Lukaku wouldn't have scored the amount he does in Italy back then like he does now for starters...
On flip side would maradona be as good in era of supreme athletes? Yes being kicked less but he ain't gonna be out dribbling everyone whilst doing coke in todays era

Just playing devils advocate

Evo1883

On flip side would maradona be as good in era of supreme athletes? Yes being kicked less but he ain't gonna be out dribbling everyone whilst doing coke in todays era

Well yes... He'd be as fit as the rest today.. On better pitches and lighter balls and more protection

covcity4life

Like I said, he'd be faster and more athletic too... I hope you use these same arguments against Messi in 15 years like I said
Messi will be great in any era

I am not putting eras down remmeber

Its all good we have already discussed this before. Just woukd Have thought even you would agree lewa as good as othrr eras. I'm afraid to ask your thoughts on mpabbe

Terry Gibson's perm

Well Messi has done ok and they are similar in size, Maradona played in a time were defenders could really defend and also had a one foul start on you. Maradona would have terrorised teams in this era.

ccfc92

Pre watershed?

I know!

giphy.gif

Terry Gibson's perm

That's terribly sad for him,very good manager, just made a couple of poor signings this year that really you can't do with a small budget at that level

Those signings were shockers though a striker that doesn’t score and a goalkeeper that can’t save

Liquid Gold

Mad decision to get rid of him. He's completely turned things round there and they move on from him as soon as things are a bit rough. They were challenging for Europe last season! They'll definitely be less of a threat next season now.

The signings were poor but that surely isn't just on the manager, don't they have a whole team of people working on it?

He'll be in demand and can basically pick his job at Championship level.

SG21

Didn't want to start another thread about this, so I'd thought I'd ask here:

Does anyone else find the "modern" game really dull? Feel like there's little need to watch a full 90 minutes and you'd be better off just watching highlights because so little happens now. The short, slow pass game results in nothing really happening for a good chunk of games, whereas the long ball was more end to end (obviously), more goals, faster tempo to scramble into position etc. Seems long ball play has been pushed out by fifa though with rule changes where if you so much as touch a player, they can and will fall down like a sniper took a shot.

wingy

Could possibly be something to it.
However there are myriad other influences going on,coupled with not being a part of it I expect.
Although I doubt those supporter's are totally enamoured with VAR .

SG21

I haven't researched this to really know, but I sort of think it's what hurt England's national team for so long (early 00s onwards). We changed to a different setup and the players just don't play that way.

Evo1883

Didn't want to start another thread about this, so I'd thought I'd ask here:

Does anyone else find the "modern" game really dull? Feel like there's little need to watch a full 90 minutes and you'd be better off just watching highlights because so little happens now. The short, slow pass game results in nothing really happening for a good chunk of games, whereas the long ball was more end to end (obviously), more goals, faster tempo to scramble into position etc. Seems long ball play has been pushed out by fifa though with rule changes where if you so much as touch a player, they can and will fall down like a sniper took a shot.
I said this a few posts back in this thread, the modern game is very dull

Users who are viewing this thread