Football is back!!!! Premier League (6 Viewers)

Terry Gibson's perm

I am not sure if it’s just me but the standard or the premier league seems to have gone backwards apart from Man City, lots of drab games going nowhere football and a lack of goals.

chiefdave

State of Grealish, can he not afford a mirror?

Not sure I'd want my manager admitting I was out with a sore toenail!

skyblue1991

Think it was mentioned above but its true that it seems teams are setting up to not concede and try and nick a goal to win the game. It becomes boring to watch.

Also it may be just me but I'm finding that because every single match is televised the excitement of watching a game has desentitised, even more so than it was before. Hopefully next season televised games will be restricted to 12:30, 17:30 (Sat) and 14:00, 16:00 (Sun).

Sent from my I3113 using Tapatalk

Terry Gibson's perm

Think it was mentioned above but its true that it seems teams are setting up to not concede and try and nick a goal to win the game. It becomes boring to watch.

Also it may be just me but I'm finding that because every single match is televised the excitement of watching a game has desentitised, even more so than it was before. Hopefully next season televised games will be restricted to 12:30, 17:30 (Sat) and 14:00, 16:00 (Sun).

Sent from my I3113 using Tapatalk

I like the idea of all the games being televised because you don’t have to make an effort to find a game to watch I really like the 8pm kick offs on a Saturday and Sunday.

Nick

Administrator
Today's Sky obsession is that a Fulham player supported Liverpool as a kid. Cringey twats.

clint van damme

Today's Sky obsession is that a Fulham player supported Liverpool as a kid. Cringey twats.

don't know if it's the lockdown overload but football, city aside, seems so boring these days.
Even our games are boring but I'm emotionally invested in them.
Maybe it's just me but it just doesn't seem to be much of a spectacle now. Man City are the only side who seem to produce anything approaching entertainment.

Evo1883

I've watched alot of Premier league this season and il be honest, the league doesn't do it for me anymore... It used to be exciting back in the 90s to the mid 2000s, players could express themselves etc... Footballers are more like finely Tuned horses these days.. And tactical setups seems to have ruined the freedom of the game at the top

The game is alot more boring today than its ever been
The standard in Spain seems to have dropped off massively in the last couple years too

Evo1883

don't know if it's the lockdown overload but football, city aside, seems so boring these days.
Even our games are boring but I'm emotionally invested in them.
Maybe it's just me but it just doesn't seem to be much of a spectacle now. Man City are the only side who seem to produce anything approaching entertainment.
I even get bored of watching peps teams pass 3000 times a match tbh

Evo1883

Liverpool again
giphy.gif

chiefdave

I've watched alot of Premier league this season and il be honest, the league doesn't do it for me anymore
I’ve got Sky mainly for the cricket. Watching the Prem is becoming more of a chore than something I actually enjoy. Can’t remember the last time I saw an exciting match.

Terry Gibson's perm

It might get a bit more lively if Fulham win they have dragged Brighton and Newcastle right into trouble.

Bugsy

Otis

I think coming up against Liverpool in the Premier League for any side at the moment, is akin to any Championship team looking at the fixture list and seeing they have got Wycombe at home.

Evo1883

If John stones is regarded as world class ( a term banded about recently by many) then football is in a bad place in terms of genuine defensive talent

covmark

If John stones is regarded as world class ( a term banded about recently by many) then football is in a bad place in terms of genuine defensive talent
Haven't seen anyone say he's world class. Plenty have said he's been brilliant recently, which is true.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Evo1883

I have not seen it said. Are you sure you are not making stuff up to be negative about modern football as always?

;)
There's a rumour on here that cc4life is always right... But he's hella wrong on modern football defenders 😙

But yes stones has been good this year

Not jaap stam good mind you, modern day good 🤣

covcity4life

There's a rumour on here that cc4life is always right... But he's hella wrong on modern football defenders 😙

But yes stones has been good this year

Not jaap stam good mind you, modern day good 🤣
Would Bruno have made it in the good ol days you think?

Users who are viewing this thread