Fans back in !!! kinda (1 Viewer)

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I think, and I hope you agree... We should have done this all differently, especially based on the knowledge that healthy people statistically will be fine, we didn't need to let the world just crash the way it has

Look at those countries that largely put the economy first. US, Brazil. US has nearly 200k deaths and rising. At a time of year when illnesses have less effect or ability to spread due to high levels of sunlight/UV and hot conditions. Plus with measures like distancing, minor lockdowns, masks etc.

Without those measures and if it'd hit at the end of autumn/beginning of winter it'd be so bad a shitstorm it's doesn't bear thinking about. The worst case scenario for winter is 120k extra deaths directly linked to Covid (i.e. either directly from it people with other illnesses that would've survived but for the extra infection). Lowest expectation is 25k. For example it was said less than 20k deaths would have been a good outcome from the initial wave - we're double that. Before long we'll have more than 1 MILLION people around have world died from it.

And you always ignore the fact it's not that much about the healthy, young people (although they aren't immune, just see this board as an example) - it's about who they spread it to. The ones that aren't healthy or young.

People seem to want the tail to wag the dog. The economy exists because people exist. No people, no economy. So the economy should alter for the needs of the people, not the people putting themselves at unnecessary risk for the needs of the economy.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Hate to mention this but in 1918 the second wave of four was the most deadly and this was about 6 months after the first. First wave March/April second Sept/Nov oh dear.

Evo1883

Todays lesson is the difference between current and past tense.

Tomorrows will be how a low percentage of a very big number is still quite a big number.

So tired of internet edge lords unable to understand stats or context virtue signalling about how they’re not scared.

Statistics drive the world, the odds currently of catching covid in the uk are roughly 44 in a million or to be more precise 1 in 22, 727 🤷 of the 7000 million people in the world, 6972 million have not caught covid 19... 6991 million have not died... if that makes me an edge lord for not shitting my pants then so be it... and you hate the word virtue signalling... Stop it 😜

Last edited:

Grendel

chiefdave

Don’t tell chief Dave that he will cry
Doesn't bother me in the slightest, not sure why you think it would. If BHSB is enjoying being furloughed then good for him. Might surprise you to know I don't sit here wishing misery on others.
I wanted the furlough scheme to carry on till February then I retire I’ll have to suggest it to Boris
To be fair I'd be a lot less worried about not having a job come November if I was due to retire a couple of months later!

Reactions: vow

win9nut

Am I only person who has season ticket who is actually hoping it stays behind closed doors so can watch on tv rather than having to go to Birmingham?
Even with a season ticket, it costs me £20 or so in fuel every home game...

I prefer watching it in the ground, but it will save me a fair bit... even if I decide to pay £10 for every away game as well...

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Doesn't bother me in the slightest, not sure why you think it would. If BHSB is enjoying being furloughed then good for him. Might surprise you to know I don't sit here wishing misery on others.

To be fair I'd be a lot less worried about not having a job come November if I was due to retire a couple of months later!
That would be ok ordinarily but my main pension is from Thomas cook because they went bust last September instead of getting payments from last February looks like it could be next September

shmmeee

Look at those countries that largely put the economy first. US, Brazil. US has nearly 200k deaths and rising. At a time of year when illnesses have less effect or ability to spread due to high levels of sunlight/UV and hot conditions. Plus with measures like distancing, minor lockdowns, masks etc.

Without those measures and if it'd hit at the end of autumn/beginning of winter it'd be so bad a shitstorm it's doesn't bear thinking about. The worst case scenario for winter is 120k extra deaths directly linked to Covid (i.e. either directly from it people with other illnesses that would've survived but for the extra infection). Lowest expectation is 25k. For example it was said less than 20k deaths would have been a good outcome from the initial wave - we're double that. Before long we'll have more than 1 MILLION people around have world died from it.

And you always ignore the fact it's not that much about the healthy, young people (although they aren't immune, just see this board as an example) - it's about who they spread it to. The ones that aren't healthy or young.

People seem to want the tail to wag the dog. The economy exists because people exist. No people, no economy. So the economy should alter for the needs of the people, not the people putting themselves at unnecessary risk for the needs of the economy.

It’s not even a choice. Those countries that took the virus seriously also suffered the least economically because they took clear action to reduce the time in lockdown as reassure people and give them certainty.

The idea of health vs economy is a total false dichotomy.

shmmeee

Statistics drive the world, the odds currently of catching covid in the uk are roughly 44 in a million or to be more precise 1 in 22, 727 🤷 of the 7000 million people in the world, 6972 million have not caught covid 19... 6991 million have not died... if that makes me an edge lord for not shitting my pants then so be it... and you hate the word virtue signalling... Stop it 😜

Im using it ironically duh! :p

My point is only 0.5% have had it because we’ve taken these precautions. We’ve got this x 200 before it burns through everyone.

Maybe. My daughters now going for a test (if we can find one) because she’s showing symptoms... five months after having it before. If people can get it twice all bets are off.

It’s dangerous to many many people, some have issues months after catching it. I’m just tired of all this “it’s a cold! It doesn’t exist! It’s a conspiracy to take cash away from us!” Crap I see all over Facebook. People need to grow the fuck up.

Evo1883

Im using it ironically duh! :p

My point is only 0.5% have had it because we’ve taken these precautions. We’ve got this x 200 before it burns through everyone.

Maybe. My daughters now going for a test (if we can find one) because she’s showing symptoms... five months after having it before. If people can get it twice all bets are off.

It’s dangerous to many many people, some have issues months after catching it. I’m just tired of all this “it’s a cold! It doesn’t exist! It’s a conspiracy to take cash away from us!” Crap I see all over Facebook. People need to grow the fuck up.

I dont believe it's a conspiracy... Although recent United nations tweets don't help when it comes to stoking that... I just believe its not as bad as we think.. Perfectly reasonable assumption when you look at the statistics

skybluelee

Even with a season ticket, it costs me £20 or so in fuel every home game...

I prefer watching it in the ground, but it will save me a fair bit... even if I decide to pay £10 for every away game as well...
I'm getting CCM and a ST for this very reason. It costs me £60 in fuel plus parking plus ticket to get to a home game. £260 for a ST will save me a fortune compared to a normal season if games are BCD or reduced attendances for even a couple of months.

King of the Lesbians

That would be ok ordinarily but my main pension is from Thomas cook because they went bust last September instead of getting payments from last February looks like it could be next September
I get mental pictures of what people might look like based on what they post on here.
No way did I think BHSB would look anything like this...

lah3.jpg.gallery.jpg

Saddlebrains

Lockdown being stepped up in Birmingham today according to sky news.

Puts us at least another month behind going back

pipkin73

Some test games allowed 1000 fans in today, from the BBC report i noticed all wore masks except for one. This picture is of Blackpool fans, not one of them wearing one. It's people like this that will ruin it for everyone

Attachments

• Blackpool fans no mask.jpg
    Blackpool fans no mask.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 45

AFCCOVENTRY

Yup. Lockdown Measures coming in which some say could last for 6 months now. Any hope of fans coming back this season seems very remote now.

Garryb80

Some test games allowed 1000 fans in today, from the BBC report i noticed all wore masks except for one. This picture is of Blackpool fans, not one of them wearing one. It's people like this that will ruin it for everyone
Surely that's more down to Blackpool as a club. If they said you had to wear one they would have. For example I only wear a mask where I have to. If I was allowed in a stadium and it wasn't compulsory to wear one then I wouldn't.

Otis

Surely that's more down to Blackpool as a club. If they said you had to wear one they would have. For example I only wear a mask where I have to. If I was allowed in a stadium and it wasn't compulsory to wear one then I wouldn't.
But isn't that kind of the same as in supermarkets, where they have the rule, but simply aren't enforcing it?

I went to West Orchards twice last week and despite the signs declaring "No mask, no entry", there were loads of people going in without masks.

Garryb80

But isn't that kind of the same as in supermarkets, where they have the rule, but simply aren't enforcing it?

I went to West Orchards twice last week and despite the signs declaring "No mask, no entry", there were loads of people going in without masks.
True but i assume it can't have been made compulsory if not a single person wore one. At the minute the club would definitely enforce it due to not wanting to breach any safety certificates and potentially bring closed.

Grendel

It was t a rule to wear them in the actual stadium

Saddlebrains

I still think fans will be allowed in up to a certain capacity with strict measures.

Its that or you've got 30 odd clubs that will go tits and the football pyramid collapses.

Grendel

I still think fans will be allowed in up to a certain capacity with strict measures.

Its that or you've got 30 odd clubs that will go tits and the football pyramid collapses.

Youd think so. Germany have 5,000 a game and France have opened up as well. French open has 5,000 in Paris

Grendel

Yup. Lockdown Measures coming in which some say could last for 6 months now. Any hope of fans coming back this season seems very remote now.

I can’t find one article that supports this

shmmeee

Same bloke as your last link, he’s been a lockdown skeptic from day one. Not saying if he’s right or wrong but he’s been grinding the same axe from day one so it’s very much stopped clock territory. Personally I look at the general consensus rather than individuals.

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
Same bloke as your last link, he’s been a lockdown skeptic from day one. Not saying if he’s right or wrong but he’s been grinding the same axe from day one so it’s very much stopped clock territory. Personally I look at the general consensus rather than individuals.
Last link? It's just interesting to me that the mainstream media is now beginning to reflect other scientist's views. We are supposed to be following them, right?

shmmeee

Last link? It's just interesting to me that the mainstream media is now beginning to reflect other scientist's views. We are supposed to be following them, right?

Sorry thought it was you posting the other link. Science is a group activity, it’s about consensus not finding a guy with a BSc who agrees with you. There’s been individuals like this guy and Karol what’shisface who have been promoting themselves as lockdown skeptics from the start. They aren’t reviewing the evidence they’re having a hot take for media consumption.

Liquid Gold

When people say mainstream media it always makes me want to ask what other media sources they’re using?

Users who are viewing this thread