Fans back in !!! kinda (1 Viewer)

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
Sorry, my fault for taking the thread on a tangent. Should've been in off-topic.

Back on track, how are they going to know if these pilot events are a 'success' or not? Are they now going to wait 2 weeks to see if anyone has symptoms? Or test all 1000 attendees? Or was it just a tick in the box exercise?!

I think the only way we could increase attendances before a vaccine would be for fans to prove you were negative before attending, but god knows how that'd work in practice.

wingy

Sorry, my fault for taking the thread on a tangent. Should've been in off-topic.

Back on track, how are they going to know if these pilot events are a 'success' or not? Are they now going to wait 2 weeks to see if anyone has symptoms? Or test all 1000 attendees? Or was it just a tick in the box exercise?!

I think the only way we could increase attendances before a vaccine would be for fans to prove you were negative before attending, but god knows how that'd work in practice.
There are schemes just not rolled out yet .

shmmeee

Id assumed they were trialling the logistical side like getting people to their seats and maintaining social distancing, etc. I can’t see how total numbers can be anything but a central government decision. Once they’ve proven football fans aren’t uncontrollable animals they’ll be allowed depending on what the national rules are I guess.

The Great Eastern

Cant be bothered to check back so apologies if this has already been mentioned but Norwich and Middlesborough both seemed to put their fans in an area where they looked rather close together. By contrast, Blackpool had their 1000 dotted all over the stadium. A friend who went to the Carrow Road game said that a group of 20 people decided it would be a 'great' idea to all sit together in the 2nd half....
Give me f*cking strength. Probably the same types who will moan like hell when the pubs get scaled back down again in the weeks to come.

skyblueinBaku

Cant be bothered to check back so apologies if this has already been mentioned but Norwich and Middlesborough both seemed to put their fans in an area where they looked rather close together. By contrast, Blackpool had their 1000 dotted all over the stadium. A friend who went to the Carrow Road game said that a group of 20 people decided it would be a 'great' idea to all sit together in the 2nd half....
Give me f*cking strength. Probably the same types who will moan like hell when the pubs get scaled back down again in the weeks to come.
Aren't stewards supposed to sort this type of thing out?

chiefdave

Aren't stewards supposed to sort this type of thing out?
This has always been my concern with crowds returning to football. How many issues have we had with people not being sat in the right seats, standing in seating areas etc and when its pointed out people have a go at the stewards for being jobsworth.

I find it hard to believe we could have even 3.5K in St Andrews without it being chaos.

Grendel

This has always been my concern with crowds returning to football. How many issues have we had with people not being sat in the right seats, standing in seating areas etc and when its pointed out people have a go at the stewards for being jobsworth.

I find it hard to believe we could have even 3.5K in St Andrews without it being chaos.

have you looked at the games in Germany and France?

David O'Day

Always going tp happen but if Pubs are allowed to keep open until 10pm then you could make an argument that sports venues can socially distance 1k people far better than a pub could.

Saddlebrains

Wrong decision for me.

The likes of Accrington, Rochdale, Oldham, this will kill them off. Severe problems within the football pyramid now

AOM

Always going tp happen but if Pubs are allowed to keep open until 10pm then you could make an argument that sports venues can socially distance 1k people far better than a pub could.

Not having away fans moving around the country for games I can understand, but yeah you'd think they could police social distancing in an outdoor stadium a lot better than Wetherspoons on a Saturday night

David O'Day

Not having away fans moving around the country for games I can understand, but yeah you'd think they could police social distancing in an outdoor stadium a lot better than Wetherspoons on a Saturday night

Can't see away fans this season no matter what the national situation. They are just a recipe for spreading the virus between cities and towns.

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
Can't see away fans this season no matter what the national situation. They are just a recipe for spreading the virus between cities and towns.
I tend to agree. Plus off their faces away fans aren't really going to be so keen on listening to stewards asking them to keep a metre.

David O'Day

I tend to agree. Plus off their faces away fans aren't really going to be so keen on listening to stewards asking them to keep a metre.

Especially if you have people from potential urban hotspots travelling far and wide all while drinking from 8am.

Sky Blue Pete

Come on the priority is not football is it!!!

I’m very happy if someone can show me why it’s safe and doesn’t add much risk watching outdoor football but I’m not happy to say this or that industry is a priority so we can risk the pandemic running amok

shmmeee

Do we reckon they might do STs only then? Otherwise what’s to stop people travelling down and sitting in the home end?

AOM

Do we reckon they might do STs only then? Otherwise what’s to stop people travelling down and sitting in the home end?

Yeah, I think that was their plan all along, as it's an incentive to get a membership/season ticket and they could then predict the maximum amount of fans that could attend

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Wrong decision for me.

The likes of Accrington, Rochdale, Oldham, this will kill them off. Severe problems within the football pyramid now

Not ideal but IMO better than risking killing hundreds in Accrington, Rochdale and Oldham.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Yes , although it maybe prudent for venue's/site's wishing to utilise/benefit from it, absord the fee .
If not it's going no where.

It may well be worth it to them (depends on test cost obv) as even if you up prices to cover at least some of it if the job market falls badly people won't be willing/able to go anyway.

I'm also worried about what they do when someone turns up who fails the test? Obv they won't be given admittance but what about all the other people they will likely have mingled with before they get given the test? Would the person who took the test have to be immediately removed from duty in case they'd become infected or got it on their clothing etc? Similar situation with everyone in the person testing positives group?

David O'Day

Not ideal but IMO better than risking killing hundreds in Accrington, Rochdale and Oldham.

What evidence is there that says that it is safer to be in a pub in Accrington, Rochdale and Oldham than it is to be at a socially distanced football match?

The evidence from the Liverpool vs Ath Madrid and Cheltenham events is not appropriate here as these won't be rammed paccked.

It is likely to be less risky at an Oldham if they are only letting 1000 people in that it will be in a town centre pub at 9.30pm on ma Saturday.

Saddlebrains

What evidence is there that says that it is safer to be in a pub in Accrington, Rochdale and Oldham than it is to be at a socially distanced football match?

The evidence from the Liverpool vs Ath Madrid and Cheltenham events is not appropriate here as these won't be rammed paccked.

It is likely to be less risky at an Oldham if they are only letting 1000 people in that it will be in a town centre pub at 9.30pm on ma Saturday.

I agree. I feel the FA and EFL really need to push the government on this and say right, show us how its safe to be in pubs yet isnt safe to have stadiums 25% full socially distanced and with precautions.

Ridiculous

Grendel

Come on the priority is not football is it!!!

I’m very happy if someone can show me why it’s safe and doesn’t add much risk watching outdoor football but I’m not happy to say this or that industry is a priority so we can risk the pandemic running amok

Many countries are opening up - if you believe there is no hope for a vaccine better kill all sports clubs I guess

shmmeee

I agree. I feel the FA and EFL really need to push the government on this and say right, show us how its safe to be in pubs yet isnt safe to have stadiums 25% full socially distanced and with precautions.

Ridiculous

Thats not how it works. It could be less safe at pubs and they still stay open. It’s about economic cost as well. 92 football clubs employ fewer people than the entire hospitality industry. Close pubs and you have to fund billions in wages for furlough.

It’s not a threshold individual activities have too meet, it’s a total risk we can have as a society and deciding which activities to allow while staying within that risk budget. As much as we hate it, football is pretty low down in terms of economic importance so will be one of the first things to go so that other things can stay open.

Users who are viewing this thread