Fans back in !!! kinda (1 Viewer)

jordan210

Supporters will be able to make a return to EFL fixtures next week, with two matches confirmed as test events in line with the Government's pilot scheme.

The two fixtures will take place at Cambridge United’s Abbey Stadium, starting with the EFL Trophy fixture against Fulham U21s on Tuesday 8 September, ahead of a second game for the Club’s opening Sky Bet League Two game of the 2020/21 season against Carlisle United on Saturday 12 September.

The Club has been chosen to host the two test events, having previously been part of a joint project by the EFL and the Sports Grounds Safety Authority (SGSA) that looked at the safe application of social distancing at football grounds. That work was overseen by crowd dynamics experts Movement Strategies, who will also assess the pilot at the Abbey Stadium on behalf of the SGSA and DCMS.

Appropriate measures have been applied at the Abbey Stadium, with both terraces and seating arrangements available. As a result of two fixtures taking place at the same venue in a short period of time, it will allow for any learnings to be implemented quickly under the same conditions.
The insight received from this initial phase of matches taking place will test the application of the Government’s Stage 5 Guidance and the SGSA’s Planning for Social Distancing at Sports Grounds guidance, which was developed following the insight provided by the Movement Strategies modelling work.
The confirmed fixtures, dates and crowd capacity are as follows:
  • Tuesday 8 September Cambridge United v Fulham U21 (1,000 Capacity)
  • Saturday 12 September Cambridge United v Carlisle United (2,500 Capacity)

clint van damme

Supporters will be able to make a return to EFL fixtures next week, with two matches confirmed as test events in line with the Government's pilot scheme.

The two fixtures will take place at Cambridge United’s Abbey Stadium, starting with the EFL Trophy fixture against Fulham U21s on Tuesday 8 September, ahead of a second game for the Club’s opening Sky Bet League Two game of the 2020/21 season against Carlisle United on Saturday 12 September.

The Club has been chosen to host the two test events, having previously been part of a joint project by the EFL and the Sports Grounds Safety Authority (SGSA) that looked at the safe application of social distancing at football grounds. That work was overseen by crowd dynamics experts Movement Strategies, who will also assess the pilot at the Abbey Stadium on behalf of the SGSA and DCMS.

Appropriate measures have been applied at the Abbey Stadium, with both terraces and seating arrangements available. As a result of two fixtures taking place at the same venue in a short period of time, it will allow for any learnings to be implemented quickly under the same conditions.
The insight received from this initial phase of matches taking place will test the application of the Government’s Stage 5 Guidance and the SGSA’s Planning for Social Distancing at Sports Grounds guidance, which was developed following the insight provided by the Movement Strategies modelling work.
The confirmed fixtures, dates and crowd capacity are as follows:
  • Tuesday 8 September Cambridge United v Fulham U21 (1,000 Capacity)
  • Saturday 12 September Cambridge United v Carlisle United (2,500 Capacity)

What's Cambridges average crowd? I'd imagine 2;500 Is a sizable percentage

I think watching football socially distanced will be absolutely crap!

That being said, I’m bored stiff on a Saturday afternoon and miss watching a live game - Hopefully we can get back to full capacities soon though

Irish Sky Blue

A possible additional problem to our attending matches is that Birmingham, at the moment, is one step away from lock down again. I can't imagine we would be allowed to attend if the situation gets worse or perhaps even if it stays at the same level.
Another reason why we could do with being back in our own city.

Otis

BBC

Up to 300 people who attended a charity football match near Sunderland have been asked to self-isolate for two weeks after 28 people who attended the event tested positive.

Grendel

BBC

Up to 300 people who attended a charity football match near Sunderland have been asked to self-isolate for two weeks after 28 people who attended the event tested positive.

Wasn’t it to do with the after match piss up in the social club and nothing to do with the game?

Grendel

I'm still hopeful we will get to see the team play live sometime in October 🙏

I an convinced we will - people are attending games now so it’s silky really

David O'Day

Organised sport is exempt. Apparently the virus is a big football fan and has a soft spot for weddings and funerals.

The organised sport exemption is aimed at the playing of sports.

Crowds of up to 6 people who know each other can meet in places like pubs alongside many other groups of up to 6 so sporting attendence would be the same as this.

Malaka

Social distancing will be easy at St Andrews. Just open up the whole stadium, there will be about 8 thousand of us, family groups, plenty of space between each group, simples. In fact we should be the only team allowed supporters

David O'Day

Social distancing will be easy at St Andrews. Just open up the whole stadium, there will be about 8 thousand of us, family groups, plenty of space between each group, simples. In fact we should be the only team allowed supporters

i don't think it's just the spacing that is the issue. They plan to walk each group to their seats which is a big logistical task for a crowd of 8k

shmmeee

i don't think it's just the spacing that is the issue. They plan to walk each group to their seats which is a big logistical task for a crowd of 8k

Not to mention policing it at a far higher level than normal during the game.
The organised sport exemption is aimed at the playing of sports.

Crowds of up to 6 people who know each other can meet in places like pubs alongside many other groups of up to 6 so sporting attendence would be the same as this.

Well clearly the interview with Hat Mancock I just listened to wasn’t as clear as he claimed. I came away thinking it was all sports events.

David O'Day

Not to mention policing it at a far higher level than normal during the game.

Well clearly the interview with Hat Mancock I just listened to wasn’t as clear as he claimed. I came away thinking it was all sports events.

hancock is not very clear shock, i haven't heard the interviews but that's what the written reports make it sound like. I guess Boris will fail to clear things up later.

Evo1883

Organised sport is exempt. Apparently the virus is a big football fan and has a soft spot for weddings and funerals.

Covid 19 seems quite forgiving anyway considering its infected less than 0.5 % of the world's population... It's one of those contagious not so contagious deadly but not so deadly viruses🤷

shmmeee

Covid 19 seems quite forgiving anyway considering its infected less than 0.5 % of the world's population... It's one of those contagious not so contagious deadly but not so deadly viruses🤷

Yeah so not deadly it’s killed almost a million people. And as you say is only 1/200th of its way through the population. What’s 200m people dead between friends?

Grendel

the biggest problem I suspect is Birmingham is likely to have a local lockdown every now and again and I suspect we won’t be allowed to travel there

letsallsingtogether

I heard We only pay rent for 2 stands.
Would cost is more to open the whole ground.

Evo1883

Yeah so not deadly it’s killed almost a million people. And as you say is only 1/200th of its way through the population. What’s 200m people dead between friends?
Hey I just follow the rules, obviously we are all extremely comfortable that a contagious not so contagious virus that's effected less than half a % of the globe is worthy of ruining our kids futures... That's infected not killed.
It is what it is🤷

Evo1883

So organised sport comes across as the players and coaches etc... Doesn't seem like that includes several thousand supporters... I wonder how this will effect grassroot football too IE my daughters playing for Coventry and the ability for parents to attend games... They make this about as clear as a misty morning window

Users who are viewing this thread