European championships 2020 thread (1 Viewer)

SBT

We will probably score 3 or 4 a game.

Not sure there's a single team in modern history you would back to score 3 or 4 goals a game in an international tournament. Let alone one you couldn't even be bothered to support two days ago.

Saddlebrains

Not sure there's a single team in modern history you would back to score 3 or 4 goals a game in an international tournament. Let alone one you couldn't even be bothered to support two days ago.

I didnt say i couldnt be bothered did i? So thats a poor attempt at a dig. I said i wasn't excited about the tournament and stated the reasons as to why. Pretty different 🤷‍♂️

SBT

I didnt say i couldnt be bothered did i? So thats a poor attempt at a dig. I said i wasn't excited about the tournament and stated the reasons as to why. Pretty different 🤷‍♂️

If I genuinely thought that Cov (or England) would probably score 3 or 4 times a game, then I'd probably be able to muster up more enthusiasm than you did last week!

Tell you what. I couldn't give a fuck. I have never been less interested, less excited, and had so little expectation for an international tournament in my life.

Godiva

Czech to win supercomputer predicts.

Now we know - and the wife tells me I don't need to turn on the TV. Instead she insist I do some home makeover.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Now we know - and the wife tells me I don't need to turn on the TV. Instead she insist I do some home makeover.

Wrong end of the stick. It was another human v computer chess game and it finished with checkmate, not Czech, mate.

wingy

That sounds like a decent final tbf.

SBAndy

Did a predictor today and got us making the final but losing out to Italy. Made me realise how hard France’s potential run to the final could be, with Portugal and Germany in their group and then Spain and Italy possible opponents in the later KO stages. Then, of course, the mighty England in the final ;)

Liquid Gold

I heard Giroud was unhappy because Mbappe was passing to Benzema more as they're friends and so they had a fall out in the dressing room then Mbappe wanted to have his own press conference to have a go at Giroud. We might be in line for a famous French blowup.

baldy

I heard Giroud was unhappy because Mbappe was passing to Benzema more as they're friends and so they had a fall out in the dressing room then Mbappe wanted to have his own press conference to have a go at Giroud. We might be in line for a famous French blowup.

giphy.gif

cc84cov

Excited for the tournament hoping Southgate doesn’t make a mistake using sterling & rashford on Sunday

Evo1883

Turkey 0-1 Italy

Tonight's prediction

Genuinely fancy Italy this tournament , more a team that not many talked about until recently, dark horses despite money going on them in recent days

no_loyalty

Turkey 0-1 Italy

Tonight's prediction

Genuinely fancy Italy this tournament , more a team that not many talked about until recently, dark horses despite money going on them in recent days

They are unbeaten in 27 games, I think it will be either them or France who win it.

Evo1883

France are better than England in so many areas .

And in depth too .

I'd like to think we would beat them if we played but I wouldn't be sure , then again anything can happen in a 1 match scenario

Jagmannn

Paddy Power . Back top goal scorer £10.00 - & get a free £1.00 bet for every shot on target
. gone for Romelu Lukaku , got to be some proffit in that

SeaSeeEffCee

I really don't think France as good as made out, a lot of good individuals but I'm not sure the balance is there with Benzema and without Matuidi. Very little width in that side, I reckon you could get at the down the wings. Wasn't overly impressed with them at the World Cup even though they won it.

Evo1883

I really don't think France as good as made out, a lot of good individuals but I'm not sure the balance is there with Benzema and without Matuidi. Very little width in that side, I reckon you could get at the down the wings. Wasn't overly impressed with them at the World Cup even though they won it.
Tolisso pogba and kante in the middle

no_loyalty

Joke tournament.

Some teams could potentially play 5 matches in different countries, yet England potentially 5 out of 6 at Wembley

If England have to play one of their fixtures outside of the UK, I can’t see many England fans attending as they will have to self isolate for two weeks upon their return, just imagine getting to the final and not being able to attend.

Evo1883

Joke tournament.

Some teams could potentially play 5 matches in different countries, yet England potentially 5 out of 6 at Wembley.

Most 3rd placed teams qualifying.

Didn't Portugal qualify through their group last time finishing 3rd without winning a game.

I shall not be watching.

giphy.gif

SlowerThanPlatt

Paddy Power . Back top goal scorer £10.00 - & get a free £1.00 bet for every shot on target
. gone for Romelu Lukaku , got to be some proffit in that

Sky Bet do these shot on target boosts for the Premier League, surprised how few come off, they’re also sneaky on what a ‘shot on target’ is.

COV

Tonight I'm going Italy 2 Turkey 0.

If France are on top form then they win the tournament, its as simple as that.

Italy are strong and revitalised, I have them second favourites, and not even gonna trot out the cliches about Germany & tournament football...

But this is the exactly the kind of situation where we might surprise ourselves- covid impacted, games at home- the normal ingredients for the typical "England choke" are not there this time, it doesn't even feel like a typical event. The usual pressure cooker situation isn't there. For that reason I'd say we have more chance going in of winning this tournament than any since 2006.

COV

Yeah but to me that makes them more dangerous.

They sacrificed flair for nous, they didn't want to entertain, they wanted to win. When you have a group of players as talented as they are, add in that kind of mental toughness and mindset, and you have a very powerful tournament team.

Users who are viewing this thread