European championships 2020 thread (4 Viewers)

CCFCSteve

He is also a better CB than both Coady and Mings

Yeah, was saying earlier I can see White getting minutes (possibly at the expense of the above). Decent footballer

Thought JWP looked good as well. If hendo is way off fitness they might be better taking him instead

CJ_covblaze

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

Really feel for anyone that has lost some or all of them. The way how the ballot has been conducted since isn’t the best too.

It’s put me off going. This isn’t aimed at you but there is a elitism amongst England fans that has come out clear as day over the last few months, that I can’t stand. Certain top cappers (not yourself) act like they are the superior club and country supporters and have been self-righteous gimps about the whole ticket scandal.

Anyone who has had their tickets cancelled etc is entitled to feel a bit disappointed. The pandemic can’t be accounted for etc and it is out of everyone’s hands but the lack of empathy or anything other than a selfish, as long as I’m alright attitude from ‘elite’ England fans is just wank. I know certain ones that would be crying their eyes out down the phone to the FA if they didn’t get all 3 group games.

Even if you express a bit of disappointment with the process, you get met with - I’m a better fan than you, I went to game X.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

It’s put me off going. This isn’t aimed at you but there is a elitism amongst England fans that has come out clear as day over the last few months, that I can’t stand. Certain top cappers (not yourself) act like they are the superior club and country supporters and have been self-righteous gimps about the whole ticket scandal.

Anyone who has had their tickets cancelled etc is entitled to feel a bit disappointed. The pandemic can’t be accounted for etc and it is out of everyone’s hands but the lack of empathy or anything other than a selfish, as long as I’m alright attitude from ‘elite’ England fans is just wank. I know certain ones that would be crying their eyes out down the phone to the FA if they didn’t get all 3 group games.

Even if you express a bit of disappointment with the process, you get met with - I’m a better fan than you, I went to game X.

I know what you mean. There is definitely an elitism amongst FAN members.

baldy

I luv what Laurence Fox has said about him wanting England to go out at the first hurdle & calling them 'woke babies'

baldy

Laurence Fox. You’d do very well to find more obnoxious c*nts than him.

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

To be honest,how he feels about wanting England to go out in the group stages is akin to how I feel towards the team...I’ve got zilch affinity towards them &,to me,they’re just another team who I just don’t feel anything at all for (plus Southgate just looks like a mortgage advisor)

Grendel

I liked the former Brexit Party MEP praising the two "England" players who didn't take a new not realising that was the Romanian team.

What’s taking a new O Drivel?

hill83

Anyone fancy starting a thread for people who don’t give a shit about England at the euros. Because I’m sick of hearing about it. I don’t give a fuck about cricket, so guess what, I’m not in the cricket thread.

baldy

Anyone fancy starting a thread for people who don’t give a shit about England at the euros. Because I’m sick of hearing about it. I don’t give a fuck about cricket, so guess what, I’m not in the cricket thread.

But the name of the thread’s the Euro championship...I’m on it because of that,not just for having an opinion about England

Evo1883

Please don't make this thread political ..for the love of God
giphy.gif

no_loyalty

Major one at work tomorrow, the Euro sweepstake. I really hope to avoid pulling out Scotland.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Jordan Henderson, surely if he is only getting 45 minutes now after months he isn't going to be match fit for the Euros?

That's why I'd have chosen Ward-Prowse to fill the place in the squad. We're light on CM anyway and if Henderson has a reaction/recurrence we're stuffed. Mind you, I'd have taken him ahead of Phillips anyway.

Also can't see Maguire being anywhere near fit enough to play at all. Brining in a player fresh back from injury in the knockout rounds against better opposition - I can't see how that could go wrong...

Still, wouldn't be England without wasting at least one squad place on an injured player.

CJ_covblaze

On reflection it makes sense to call up White if he’s keeping Maguire and Henderson around. He can cover either position. What I don’t get at the moment is why both are still there.

Mr Panda

Germany today smashing Latvia 7-1. The big thing for me is they had Havertz, Rudiga, Werner and Gundogan who all played in the champions league final starting the game tonight. We couldn't even bring them off the bench

I do worry about going into our first games starting a team that haven't had any match preparation

Mucca Mad Boys

Germany today smashing Latvia 7-1. The big thing for me is they had Havertz, Rudiga, Werner and Gundogan who all played in the champions league final starting the game tonight. We couldn't even bring them off the bench

I do worry about going into our first games starting a team that haven't had any match preparation

In the past, I’d read into qualification and friendly matches. I just want to judge us against Croatia and see what happens from there. Some questionable decisions by Southgate, but his last tournament showings have been strong. Keeping the faith!

Southgate really ought to stick with 4-2-3-1 going into this tournament. We’ve lacked tactical consistency at times under him.

We have a really good team and we need a strong Euros showing to build momentum for the 2022 World Cup.

Football is coming home!

Users who are viewing this thread