European championships 2020 thread (4 Viewers)

Evo1883

3 weeks yesterday .

Friday 11th Turkey v Italy in Rome 8 pm

Winners france for me

Dark horses Italy

Skybet odds Screenshot_20210522-104439_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:

ccfc92

I'm amazed we're such short odds.

Southgate needs to unleash our attacking power, we can't play with 10 holding midfielders.

Tommo1993

Kane, Rashford, DCL, Grealish (hopefully), Foden, Sterling, Mount, Sancho.

Not exactly convinced by any defenders, and England haven’t had a world class keeper for years.

Got enough up front to win it. The rest lets it down.

D

Deleted member 11652

Favourites really? Is that just because everyone in England is throwing money on it or are those odds the same at foreign bookmakers?

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Kane, Rashford, DCL, Grealish (hopefully), Foden, Sterling, Mount, Sancho.

Not exactly convinced by any defenders, and England haven’t had a world class keeper for years.

Got enough up front to win it. The rest lets it down.

Trouble is we've got a coach who is defensive minded, so chances are most of this lot will be stifled to add in people like Phillips, Dier and Henderson. If we;re to win it it would have to be going out taking the game to other teams. Southgate won't do that.

CJ_covblaze

Can’t wait for this. Finally got to buy our tickets again this week along with the two warm ups at the Riverside. Hoping the minuscule chance of a game abroad does come off. Will take anything at the moment though. If we play 6 games at Wembley for once I won’t be complaining about it!

International football does tend to be more defensive and the teams that set up in that way do tend to fair better.

Frostie

Trouble is we've got a coach who is defensive minded, so chances are most of this lot will be stifled to add in people like Phillips, Dier and Henderson. If we;re to win it it would have to be going out taking the game to other teams. Southgate won't do that.

I'm not a massive Southgate fan but he's on a bit of a hiding to nothing as we're just so unbalanced with the talent pool.

The attacking options are excellent, almost too good tbf as you'll end up shoehorning players into roles that don't suit. Meanwhile we are weak at the back, even moreso if Maguire isn't fit.
You have to try & shore that up which means sacrificing some of the attacking flair unfortunately. Teams that win tournaments are generally solid defensively.

TM8792

Not at all excited by this with that clown in charge. Never forget we only played 3 tough(ish) games at the last World Cup (Belgium x2 & Croatia) and lost all three. We also scraped through against a Colombian team whose only good player was out.

We've got zero chance of winning the way Southgate sets up, so I genuinely hope we lose every group game and he gets sacked ASAP.

Terry Gibson's perm

Squad picked no Maddison or Wilson, picked Ramsdale the leagues worst goalkeeper though.

Terry Gibson's perm

Wilson is injured again, Maddison has struggled recently and also back from injury

Bamford surprise omission, he’s had a great season.

Change the name Maddison for Maguire and he got picked no saying they are like for like but their situations are.

Ccfcisparks

Good news that Eric Dier is out. Not sure what AWB has got to do to get a game unfortunately, think he will play for the DRC now. Personally I would have taken Tomori/Smalling over White/Coady but each to their own.

David O'Day

What's the betting all 4 right backs make the squad, he does like a rb does our Gareth

PVA

Disappointing that Maddison misses out, even ignoring the sentiment side of things I'd rather have him than Lingard (though he'll probably get dropped from the initial squad anyway).

We've got a very strong squad, particularly in attack. I think we've got a very good chance.

Cityandproud87

Disappointing that Maddison misses out, even ignoring the sentiment side of things I'd rather have him than Lingard (though he'll probably get dropped from the initial squad anyway).

We've got a very strong squad, particularly in attack. I think we've got a very good chance.

I'm glad his missed out, Foden and Grealish are x10 better than he'll ever be.

Frostie

No surprises there.

I'd have had Tomori in main squad so not to even make provisional is a real shame.

Bamford very unlucky, I'd have had him ahead of Greenwood & Watkins but doubt either will make final squad anyway.

Skybluefaz

Lingard is in the form of his life. Be mad not to take him.

PVA

Pickford

Walker - Maguire - Stones

Trippier -------------------------------------------------- Chilwell

Rice - Bellingham

Foden - Mount

Kane

Or if he goes 433:

Pickford

Walker - Maguire - Stones - Chilwell

Mount - Rice - Bellingham

Foden - Kane - Sancho

Bit weak at centre back and need Maguire fit, but otherwise it's a very strong team/squad and I think we have a great chance, best chance since the golden generation.

David O'Day

Southgate's Team

Pickford

Walker
Stones
Maguire

Rice
Phillips
David Batty
Nobby Stiles

Kane

Users who are viewing this thread