European championships 2020 thread (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Pete

Most on here want England to do well, but anyone can see we are not playing to our potential, and if we don't against the better teams we will go out. That is why most are concerned - at Southgate's seeming inability to get us playing close to that potential. The tools are there, but not necessarily the operator
Do you think we should win the tournament? Or what would be success?

Sky Blue Pete

We look decent when we attack with pace and tempo.

When we spend ages knocking it about the back we look so slow and unthreatening. Plus we seem to get deeper and slower as the game wears on.

We're not making the most of the players we have available and we're not getting the most out of our best players. It's so frustrating. We have a squad capable of playing attacking and attractive football.

We just have to hope we can catch Germany/Portugal on the break but if they score first we are in big, big trouble.
Same question , would you prefer attacking and attractive football to winning or would you be happy with winning a unattractive footbsll??

Evo1883

Same question , would you prefer attacking and attractive football to winning or would you be happy with winning a unattractive footbsll??

I don't think that's an option really , we aren't solid enough at the back to grind out results against better sides .

So the reality is , the Czechs and the Scots had more shots than us at Wembley and if not for poor finishing we'd be on 3 or 4 points and possibly out , we can't ride our luck that way and win a tournament.
If we are giving this many opportunity to weaker sides , then what's the game plan against better sides ???

Had we gone through the way we have but never looked like conceding then I think I'd be happy to try grind out results, but we aren't that side

The Italians beat the Czechs 4-0 a week before the tournament
If we go out in the round of 16 , Southgate has to go

Sky Blue Pete

I don't think that's an option really , we aren't solid enough at the back to grind out results against better sides .

So the reality is , the Czechs and the Scots had more shots than us at Wembley and if not for poor finishing we'd be on 3 or 4 points and possibly out , we can't ride our luck that way and win a tournament.
If we are giving this many opportunity to weaker sides , then what's the game plan against better sides ???

Had we gone through the way we have but never looked like conceding then I think I'd be happy to try grind out results, but we aren't that side

The Italians beat the Czechs 4-0 a week before the tournament
If we go out in the round of 16 , Southgate has to go
I did miss 10 mins at the start of the second half but I thought there was very little threat from Czech team

Evo1883

I did miss 10 mins at the start of the second half but I thought there was very little threat from Czech team

England had 0 shots second half and less of the ball than the Czechs... I'd expect that against a top side but we're putting in performances like this against middle of the road sides who are happy to get out their groups .

We've scored 2 goals

Had 6 shots on target in 3 matches

Surrendered over 20 shots in the last 2 matches .

We look dangerously average

The warning signs are there , we are not going through with any kind of momentum

Brighton Sky Blue

Took a top save from Pickford to keep them out first half plus the effort that narrowly missed not long after. We were busy conceding free kicks and corners attempting to play triangles on the edge of our own box

Evo1883

Took a top save from Pickford to keep them out first half plus the effort that narrowly missed not long after. We were busy conceding free kicks and corners attempting to play triangles on the edge of our own box

And then France Portugal or Germany press the shit out of us there and we fuck up ..

We have to change something

Evo1883

Have a look at Italy, they look very balanced and played Wales with 8 changes ...there players play in a supposed inferior league yet mancini has them playing with tempo and aggression .. they look exactly how I want England to look

If Italy go out you can see the direction they are going and their fans will look forward to the future , can you say that with England?

Torquay Sky Blue

We're not creating much because we're spending too much time protecting a very weak defence. Having said that Stones is playing well but you just know one of his fuck ups is coming along soon.

cc84cov

We look worse than we did in 2018 and we didn't particularly look great then either .
Yep I’m reading comments off people who are getting ahead of themselves after that win lol we do it every time but fuck it I’ll be one of them come Tuesday convincing myself we are gonna do it 🤣 he’s taken us backwards I hope I’m proven wrong Tuesday but I can’t see him getting his line up or tactics right

Brighton Sky Blue

343 is the one I think Phillips hasn’t done much after that first game I would drop him out but he seems set on 2 holding midfielders

3-4-3 seems too gung ho to me. I would keep it similar to how it is but drop one of the holding midfielders, no problem retaining one. The bigger issue is how they are being told to play

cc84cov

3-4-3 seems too gung ho to me. I would keep it similar to how it is but drop one of the holding midfielders, no problem retaining one. The bigger issue is how they are being told to play
Trippier back in too even at left back shaw is poor...regardless how he sets us up their getting beat well Tuesday who ever it is

Evo1883

Take our goal yesterday , it was because saka came back towards his own box to get the ball and he drove forward 50 yards ..
Same with our goal against Croatia, Phillips decided to drive forward 20 yards into the space and we created .

The problem is we don't have the box to box man who is controlling and using the hole between midfield and forwards , somebody linking up play because he's asking both central midfielders to cover the back line .

Also we are holding into the ball for too long , the pass is on forward but we delay and end up going back .

He should see it

Sky Blue Pete

Take our goal yesterday , it was because saka came back towards his own box to get the ball and he drove forward 50 yards ..
Same with our goal against Croatia, Phillips decided to drive forward 20 yards into the space and we created .

The problem is we don't have the box to box man who is controlling and using the hole between midfield and forwards , somebody linking up play because he's asking both central midfielders to cover the back line .

Also we are holding into the ball for too long , the pass is on forward but we delay and end up going back .

He should see it
Or he demands it

cc84cov

He should see it
He can see it it was done at times yesterday still not enough it’s all this bullahit ball retention shit I blame pep 🤣

stay_up_skyblues

It’s been pretty boring at times and this team is not playing to its potential. But to play devils advocate, if you’re gonna cite the nearly chances for the oppo so far, you also have to acknowledge we’ve hit the woodwork in every game.

Evo1883

It’s been pretty boring at times and this team is not playing to its potential. But to play devils advocate, if you’re gonna cite the nearly chances for the oppo so far, you also have to acknowledge we’ve hit the woodwork in every game.

Fair enough ... I've just never been so bored watching England and it creates a negative feel .
Southgate could make Gerd muller and puskas look like Nathan delfonesio

David O'Day

Morning big Dave I’m excited to watch you make a c**t of yourself again today 😎🤩😍 anyway yeah Shaw is pony Son 😬

How much do you wanna bet Trippier starts ahead of shaw ?? 👀😎
The premier leagues best left back who created the most chances for England is poor? Good job you're a comedy figure laughed at for having 2000 different wrong opinions in a day.

Never change.

PVA

Obviously I would prefer to win. But it's not a case of one or the other - it's not play defensive football and progress OR play attacking football and get knocked out

We have the squad to play more expansively, and that would be playing to our strengths. That squad should be scoring more than 2 goals in 3 games against Croatia, Scotland and Czech Republic (at home)

cc84cov

The premier leagues best left back who created the most chances for England is poor? Good job you're a comedy figure laughed at for having 2000 different wrong opinions in a day.

Never change.
I’ll ask again

How much do you wanna bet trippier starts ahead of shaw ?

David O'Day

I’ll ask again

How much do you wanna bet trippier starts ahead of shaw ?

What does betting on the actions of a poor manager have to do with the fact you are yet again talking complete bollocks?

The vauxhall conference Grendal act does little to hide the fact that you are clueless weirdo.

Users who are viewing this thread