European championships 2020 thread (1 Viewer)

Evo1883

We're also starting to drift in the odds too Screenshot_20210623-091221_Chrome.jpg

If you're a confident England fan as some seem to be ...I'd whack all your money on now

Mucca Mad Boys

I did miss 10 mins at the start of the second half but I thought there was very little threat from Czech team

The Czechs were launching it from distance, and the source of their best chance. Structurally, we were sound, we looked quite good, if not particularly special. Germany had more shots than France, but you’d be hard pressed to find anyone who genuinely thought Germany were the better team.

Far too much reactionary opinions from a lot of England fans across the board. 7 pts in the group stage is a good return and sets up with a home tie at Wembley.

Tough opposition, but we have to play someone good at some point!

cc84cov

What does betting on the actions of a poor manager have to do with the fact you are yet again talking complete bollocks?

The vauxhall conference Grendal act does little to hide the fact that you are clueless weirdo.
I think this forum all knows you are a full of prat son anyway I think you know too trippier will start Even on his weaker side he’s better than shaw 😎

David O'Day

I think this forum all knows you are a full of prat son anyway I think you know too trippier will start Even on his weaker side he’s better than shaw 😎

I ask again how does what a poor manager does next week have to do if Shaw the best left back in the pl last year is poor?

Even for weirdo who posts 100000000 different opinions a day in an attempt to seem like he has a clue this a weird flex.

KenilworthSkyBlue

Few thoughts on
I don't think that's an option really , we aren't solid enough at the back to grind out results against better sides .

So the reality is , the Czechs and the Scots had more shots than us at Wembley and if not for poor finishing we'd be on 3 or 4 points and possibly out , we can't ride our luck that way and win a tournament.
If we are giving this many opportunity to weaker sides , then what's the game plan against better sides ???

Had we gone through the way we have but never looked like conceding then I think I'd be happy to try grind out results, but we aren't that side

The Italians beat the Czechs 4-0 a week before the tournament
If we go out in the round of 16 , Southgate has to go

I think this is the crux of it really.

He's insistent on sitting back in order to grind out results when we're in front, however our back line just won't be good enough to sustain that against the competition's better sides - the warning signs are already there in the past two matches and that's against relatively inferior opposition.

If the game plan doesn't change - which I highly doubt it will - we'll be very fortunate to get through to the QFs.

CCFCSteve

Morning big Dave I’m excited to watch you make a c**t of yourself again today 😎🤩😍 anyway yeah Shaw is pony Son 😬

How much do you wanna bet Trippier starts ahead of shaw ?? 👀😎

Shaw was decent last night, especially second half getting forward. Wouldn’t be surprised if southgate goes safer option with Trippier next game but Shaws in with a shout after last night

SBAndy

Few thoughts on the game now the dust has settled:

1. it’s clear the gameplan is to get a goal and try and protect our lead and I think that Southgate has used the games vs Croatia and Czech to fine tune this, although it concerns me. Czech in particular had some half decent chances in the first half, and if that Soucek chance falls to Benzema or Griezmann then we’d be fucked. Much like Cov, sitting back is not the best option.

2. Grealish and Saka were both really impressive, particularly when we were looking more dominant in the first 30 minutes or so. Saka’s defensive work as well was of huge benefit. Surprised me how little defensive work Sterling does considering the manager puts so much emphasis on defensive contribution. Most of their threat came down our left when neither Grealish or Sterling tracked back.

3. Henderson coming on gave us much more forward thrust with his passing range, albeit at a time when we were less enthused about going forward. However, he looked leggy. If he’s properly fit I think he needs to start but I don’t think he is.

Brighton Sky Blue

Few thoughts on the game now the dust has settled:

1. it’s clear the gameplan is to get a goal and try and protect our lead and I think that Southgate has used the games vs Croatia and Czech to fine tune this, although it concerns me. Czech in particular had some half decent chances in the first half, and if that Soucek chance falls to Benzema or Griezmann then we’d be fucked. Much like Cov, sitting back is not the best option.

2. Grealish and Saka were both really impressive, particularly when we were looking more dominant in the first 30 minutes or so. Saka’s defensive work as well was of huge benefit. Surprised me how little defensive work Sterling does considering the manager puts so much emphasis on defensive contribution. Most of their threat came down our left when neither Grealish or Sterling tracked back.

3. Henderson coming on gave us much more forward thrust with his passing range, albeit at a time when we were less enthused about going forward. However, he looked leggy. If he’s properly fit I think he needs to start but I don’t think he is.

That is a strategy that was very well suited to the famous Italian sides of the 80s and 90s, I question how suited it is to our crop of players.

Brighton Sky Blue

Your a cringeworthy mess David 🤦🏻‍♂️🤣

giphy.gif

Grendel

The irony in the person who lies about his life calling someone a parody is amazing.

Who you pretending to be this week Grenners?

Immm pretanding to b David o dey you floof

D

Deleted member 11652

Poor impression. Hes usually along the lines of "Alright me old mucka, fancy coming down the Rub-a- dub for a ruby murray and a few Ednas"

Not much imaginary accountancy work to do today? What time is Paterson being announced?

David O'Day

anyway before the thread gets derailed and grenners is back on ignore

cc84 you planning on explaining why Shaw the PL's best left back last season is poor?

Grendel

I don't know Grenners, you given up on pretending to be a well off former car industry insider?

It was gold when that lie came tumbling down

Faaakin ell mate the only Bob Crier is you - Down the old smoke again mate?

Users who are viewing this thread