European championships 2020 thread (5 Viewers)

SlowerThanPlatt

Hazard, De Bruyne and Lukaku all starting for Belgium. Good chance for the latter to go ahead for the golden boot

Tommo1993

Gareth looked like a rabbit in the headlights during his interview. Something is up I reckon.

Still, more excuse to start Sterling now...

I do think his arse is twitching. It’s another fail. Sven couldn’t make a team in the golden era, Gareth just loves the defensive try not to score tactic.

Liquid Gold

Not winning with our firepower is a fail, yes. We won’t win it.:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:
We've only ever won one thing and I think that the press and the fans constantly losing their shit at the manager is part of the reason why we haven't done more. I don't even rate Southgate but if we had mangers that fluked their way to the only tournaments we've been to then I'd be fine. I doubt we're going to see the back of him until Qatar is over so I don't see the point in going mental at everything.

COV

We've only ever won one thing and I think that the press and the fans constantly losing their shit at the manager is part of the reason why we haven't done more. I don't even rate Southgate but if we had mangers that fluked their way to the only tournaments we've been to then I'd be fine. I doubt we're going to see the back of him until Qatar is over so I don't see the point in going mental at everything.

Southgate has a better record than Bobby Robson

David O'Day

Ignore if I were you.

Just waiting for the usual suspects to start slating Sterling and the knee

Shame I'd have liked to ask him to explain how an England team with out say Sterling or Rashford or maybe Sancho stops the Czechs sitting deep and letting us pass the ball around in front of them?

Nick

Administrator
If you are hugging as much as they did then you are going to give away a lot of free kicks and pens.

Do you even watch football?

There is a lot more contact nowadays than that quick hug.

Scotland players and the manager hugging him too.

Tommo1993

Tbf I’ve only seen one account properly lose their temper over it so far.

Evo1883

I mean , the French media and fans are pretty harsh on them and they've won alot over the last 30 years

COV

I mean , the French media and fans are pretty harsh on them and they've won alot over the last 30 years

So they’ve earned the right because they have high expectations.

We have high expectations based on nothing- zilch.

David O'Day

Do you even watch football?

There is a lot more contact nowadays than that quick hug.

Scotland players and the manager hugging him too.

Yes I do and when i do I can do more than the same old "kick em" or "break his leg" bollocks you come out with.

I'd stick to the pitch and putt if I was you Nicholas

COV

Eh ? So England fans shouldn't criticise because we've not won anything since 66 ..

New level of straw clutching going on in here

"IT'S The MeDiA AnD FAnS FaULt"

What is the media and fans’ fault? We haven’t even played the final match yet 😆

And that fact alone- writing everyone off, slating people, calling people crap- as if we have some god-given right to expect anything after 50+ years of failure, that’s what’s wrong.

Our media and fans’ expectations and self-importance is a joke tbh, we’re the only serious football nation to have no finals since 1966.

Asking questions etc all good, but slating everyone the day before the game is even played, that’s a special type of self-importance 😆

Tommo1993

And that fact alone- writing everyone off, slating people, calling people crap- as if we have some god-given right to expect anything after 50+ years of failure, that’s what’s wrong.

Our media and fans’ expectations and self-importance is a joke tbh, we’re the only serious football nation to have no finals since 1966.

Asking questions etc all good, but slating everyone the day before the game is even played, that’s a special type of self-importance 😆

Players tend to be criticised on their last game tbf. Happens quite a lot and is pretty fair.

Evo1883

It's perfectly normal to criticise players and management, especially after the first 2 outings .

And I think we will be OK on SKYBLUESTALK , I doubt raheem and Gareth will be logging in tonight to see what we're saying

Evo1883

And one more thing , it's not just English people that hype up the players , the Premier league is the most watched league in the world, people from all over the globe hype up English players along with their foreign counterparts for City, Chelsea, United etc .

Some of us didn't believe the hype pre tournament.. I've stated on several occasions I cannot see us winning this tournament .

But we certainly shouldn't be struggling at home against Scotland with the players at our disposal ...and it's justified criticism

We should win tomorrow , and anything less will lead to more criticism and rightly so

SlowerThanPlatt

“Your commentary team tonight are Jonathan Pearce and Martin Keown”

giphy.gif

Users who are viewing this thread