European championships 2020 thread (11 Viewers)

Evo1883

I think 2 things can be true. Kane is a world class striker but the last 2 games he's been a plank of wood. No one should be undroppable but I'd start him again to see if he perks up, and because my fantasy team is starting to look embarrassing frankly.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Harry kanes performances look equally to do with how we've set up as it does his form

stay_up_skyblues

I genuinely think Kane’s head is elsewhere. Probably fielding calls from his agent and reps for Levy before and after training. If today’s press is anything to go by City have/are about to have a £100m bid knocked back.

Most people in talks over a job/company change won’t be 100% focussed on the task at hand, particularly if your boss was trying to make a move as difficult as possible. Footballer or not.

Evo1883

I’m not overjoyed but I’m not unhappy- too soon to judge. And Scotland was a game you can’t deduce anything from

We can take from it that England shouldn't be playing with 2 holding midfielders , that England need a box to box midfielder next to either rice , Phillips or Henderson , that we need to move the ball faster and forward much more .. that we need ro press higher and not let teams breath .

That's what I take from it

SlowerThanPlatt

I listen to the euro bar is it & which ever else is on euro talk stuff etc,I’ve listened to Josè,Lee Dixon,Jamie o’hara,Harry redknapp,Rooney and many more who all think we are too rigid 2 CDM are not needed Foden is stuck to the right wing constantly,all falling short of saying he’s the wrong man for the job

O’Hara is the pits of radio, ex pro trying to stay relevant by being controversial.

Reactions: COV

COV

We can take from it that England shouldn't be playing with 2 holding midfielders , that England need a box to box midfielder next to either rice , Phillips or Henderson , that we need to move the ball faster and forward much more .. that we need ro press higher and not let teams breath .

That's what I take from it

See that’s a considered opinion and makes a lot of sense. Don’t disagree with any of it.

It’s the silly slating of people with no reasoning apart I can’t stand- “Wayne Rooney (that top class manager) said so on Talksport so it must be true”

COV

Did we need 2 CDM’s against Scotland at home ? Does Foden best form for Man City come by being stuck On the right wing ? It’s not just ohara mate a lot of people are saying similar stuff

In other words your opinions are entirely copied from Talksport pundits.

Evo1883

See that’s a considered opinion and makes a lot of sense. Don’t disagree with any of it.

It’s the silly slating of people with no reasoning apart I can’t stand- “Wayne Rooney (that top class manager) said so on Talksport so it must be true”

Rooney was bang on about foden though , England are playing him on the wrong side and we're too slow to what he's used to , it's having an impact on his performances

COV

There isn’t a single manager on the planet who wouldn’t start Kane tomorrow unless he’s injured - his goals per game is the same as Ronaldo

Don’t doubt it- I’d rather an in form very good player than a badly off-form word class player. Perhaps that’s why I’m not a football manager.

COV

Rooney was bang on about foden though , England are playing him on the wrong side and we're too slow to what he's used to , it's having an impact on his performances

And that’s fair enough too, you are not just repeating everything you hear on the radio.

Evo1883

He's a floof, Foden played his best football for city playing from the right

giphy.gif

Grendel

Don’t doubt it- I’d rather an in form very good player than a badly off-form word class player. Perhaps that’s why I’m not a football manager.

Well clearly as you’d drop Ronaldo Messi or pele if they didn’t deliver in 180 minutes

cc84cov

In other words your opinions are entirely copied from Talksport pundits.
It was a convo not with you son,it was between me and Clive Pratt who was on about just Jamie Ohara I’m saying I’ve heard it from probblat 20 different people all over the media people who know more than a few on here who spend that day unemployed signing on like slower than prat 🤣

SlowerThanPlatt

It was a convo not with you son,it was between me and Clive Pratt who was on about just Jamie Ohara I’m saying I’ve heard it from probblat 20 different people all over the media people who know more than a few on here who spend that day unemployed signing on like slower than prat 🤣

With spelling like that I would suggest I’m not the unemployed one

COV

Well clearly as you’d drop Ronaldo Messi or pele if they didn’t deliver in 180 minutes

Yes and Kane hasn’t- and from where I’ve been watching he looks like he’s in some kind of slump. I don’t expect Southgate to not play him, but I would like a manager who selects only based on form.

Good manager or bad, Southgate isn’t stupid, he knows that if he drops Kane and we don’t go through then he gets ripped to shreds, I don’t think he’d have the balls to do it.

Evo1883

Yes and Kane hasn’t- and from where I’ve been watching he looks like he’s in some kind of slump. I don’t expect Southgate to not play him, but I would like a manager who selects only based on form.

Good manager or bad, Southgate isn’t stupid, he knows that if he drops Kane and we don’t go through then he gets ripped to shreds, I don’t think he’d have the balls to do it.

He's a bit stupid as he's taken 2 injured players and wanted to take 15 right backs

Grendel

So you would drop Pele or Ronaldo after a couple of poor games?

COV

Foden is that good on the right , pep guardiola , one of the most successful managers in history, has deployed him on the left in 40 of his last 50 matches

Yeah but that doesn’t mean everything, they have different squads available, different tactics, I don’t think you can completely hang him out to dry for that.

Evo1883

Yeah but that doesn’t mean everything, they have softener squads available, different tactics, I don’t think you can completely hang him out to dry for that.

We can when foden is ineffective , as is kane .

We looked much more potent with wing backs

stupot07

Kane is class, but looks completely off the pace. I'm convinced he's playing with an injury. Unfortunately, international football is unforgiving and you cannot carry players at that level. 2 goals in his last 9 games club and Country isn't a good return for someone of his record.

For me I'd rest Kane and play Calvert-Lewin tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Reactions: COV

cc84cov

Kane is class, but looks completely off the pace. I'm convinced he's playing with an injury. Unfortunately, international football is unforgiving and you cannot carry players at that level. 2 goals in his last 9 games club and Country isn't a good return for someone of his record.

For me I'd rest Kane and play Calvert-Lewin tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
He’s already came out and said kane is starting

Users who are viewing this thread