Euro qualifiers 2024 (1 Viewer)

SBT

International football has never been so shite and England have a great crop of players at the right time ...

Most heavyweights sides like Holland, Brazil and Germany are dire compared to years gone by ..

Southgates achieved nothing
Sounds like good management to me

1ccfc

How many managers in your lifetime have got England to a Euros Funal and a World Cup semi final?
In the world cup we lost 3 games. Losing to Belgium in the group gave us an unbelievable easy run to the semi, where we lost to Coatia after going in at HT winning. We lost again to Belgium for third. Again, relatively easy run in the euros and threw the final away to an aging Italian side who were there for the taking.

Otis

Well in control and in no danger at all, but too ponderous and lacking any penetration.

They asked for it really

Nick

Administrator
???

Won more tournament knockout games than most of his predecessors put together. But I suppose those opponents were all shit, or not as good as they were back in the good ol days etc etc

It means nothing

Evo1883

???

Won more tournament knockout games than most of his predecessors put together. But I suppose those opponents were all shit, or not as good as they were back in the good ol days etc etc
Clueless , every decent side he's faced he lost

1ccfc

???

Sometimes you have to look beyond stats. On paper Big Sam has a 100% win ratio. Does it matter that he only managed 1 game? Forget it was a world cup semi, we lost to Croatia when the game was there to be one. The same principle for the euros against Italy.

Sky Blue Harry H

Has anybody seen Harry Kane in a centre forward position? ...and do we need Rice and Henderson on when Ukraine are sitting so deep.

SBT

Sometimes you have to look beyond stats. On paper Big Sam has a 100% win ratio. Does it matter that he only managed 1 game? Forget it was a world cup semi, we lost to Croatia when the game was there to be one. The same principle for the euros against Italy.
I know people don’t like to admit it but Croatia were the better side five years ago. We started with Dele Alli and Ashley Young in midfield!

Previous England managers weren’t even getting us on the plane.

Evo1883

I know people don’t like to admit it but Croatia were the better side five years ago. We started with Dele Alli and Ashley Young in midfield!

Previous England managers weren’t even getting us on the plane.
Alli that was in absolutely superb form at the time ? Just the 9 goals 11 assists that premier league season

Ashley Young is also a decent player

Make out they were shite

Users who are viewing this thread