Dom Hyam - Blackburn bid ? (1 Viewer)

pusbccfc

We desperately need the money and Burnley were offering him 3x his wage here to go. It was only a matter of time before it was done prior to the injury.

They were offering pitiful amounts, well below our asking. O'Hare, like Hyam, clearly wasn't that keen on going.

There's one thing cashing in £1.5m on Hyam at a slightly cheaper deal than expected and another selling O'Hare for half our valuation.

Sick Boy

It was always obvious players would be let go at a cut price, despite what some tried to claim.
Let’s just hope it’s only the one but I’d be surprised.

Reactions: AOM

Mcbean

We had a big opportunity and as usual fate has decided that it’s not our turn - you couldnt make it up

robbiethemole

So, they’ve been after him for some time, not bad for a player some on here asserted was dog-shit and not good enough to be in our team, let alone another Championship side. Fucking bunch of no-nothings getting it wrong again, I’m so gutted SISU are showing their true colours again, the bastards.

D

Deleted member 2477

If its true that we have had to sell Hyam to pa for the pitch repairs then it speaks volumes of our owners. They arnt even prepared to fund the repairs but put the burden our club and team. The pitch isnt ours so its money pissed up the wall, weakened our team and been fckd over by our landlords.
if I was MR I would seriously be considering any other jobs that became available. He cant keep working miracles on a league one budget and its obvious to everyone now that Sisu have no ambition, no drive or intent on promotion or supporting the club in improving. They are more interested in quick profits and keeping their share holders happy than the fans and club

KenilworthSkyBlue

Surely Gyokeres would fetch a much larger fee than O’Hare?

In theory yes, but the club are clearly desperate and the sale of Hyam would've only tempered that desperation for the short term. The cash flow issues this month may be plugged but there's still operational costs to cover, transfer instalments to pay (if they haven't been paid already) and the EFL loan looming.

Those issues aren't going away without an injection of cash and as such it's difficult to imagine that it'll take much to test the club's resolve if late bids start coming in for Gyokeres or others.

Grendel

In theory yes, but the club are clearly desperate and the sale of Hyam would've only tempered that desperation for the short term. The cash flow issues this month may be plugged but there's still operational costs to cover, transfer instalments to pay (if they haven't been paid already) and the EFL loan looming.

Those issues aren't going away without an injection of cash and as such it's difficult to imagine that it'll take much to test the club's resolve if late bids start coming in for Gyokeres or others.

if the bid was £6m for O hare unless Gyokeres was going to the PL it’s unlikely looking at the spend

KenilworthSkyBlue

if the bid was £6m for O hare unless Gyokeres was going to the PL it’s unlikely looking at the spend

Hence the 'in theory'. Given the reality of the club's situation and the lack of interest any prospect of a significant fee anywhere near the their apparent valuation is incredibly unlikely.

Ultimately definitive interest has to be there in the first place and seemingly there hasn't been any.

Grendel

They were offering pitiful amounts, well below our asking. O'Hare, like Hyam, clearly wasn't that keen on going.

There's one thing cashing in £1.5m on Hyam at a slightly cheaper deal than expected and another selling O'Hare for half our valuation.

Unless our valuation is ridiculous

stevefloyd

I would imagine Robins had a meeting of some sort with the 'powers that be' saying "look Mark we really have to raise some revenue, despite our record season ticket sales, which player or players could we offload?" Obviously Rose isn't really worth Jack shit and Fadz is too old to fetch a fee Hyams name popped up along with perhaps Kane, Walker then we have our 'big 3' which any one of those would weaken the squad significantly so Dom got the vote.
Shitsu have done quite well in recent years to lower their profile and Robins has done magnificently to get us competing above expectations but that shitfest of a company is once again showing what they truly are and have no interest in the ambition of CCFC ....Unless they really do have a trick up their sleeve. I'm not holding my breath !

Grendel

Hence the 'in theory'. Given the reality of the club's situation and the lack of interest any prospect of a significant fee anywhere near the their apparent valuation is incredibly unlikely.

Ultimately definitive interest has to be there in the first place and seemingly there hasn't been any.

You also get the impression the club have been trying to construct the deal with high up front payments. That’s going to make the deal less attractive to the buyer

Brighton Sky Blue

It was always obvious players would be let go at a cut price, despite what some tried to claim.
Let’s just hope it’s only the one but I’d be surprised.

Says something when we go to other clubs and say ‘you know how we said no a month ago-yeah he’s half price now and we’ll drive him up there for ya’

chiefdave

If its true that we have had to sell Hyam to pa for the pitch repairs then it speaks volumes of our owners. They arnt even prepared to fund the repairs but put the burden our club and team. The pitch isnt ours so its money pissed up the wall, weakened our team and been fckd over by our landlords.
Realistically what do people expect? We know they aren't putting money into that club, that's been the case for years so can't come as a shock to anyone. We have to sell to cover losses and on top of what you'd expect in a 'normal' season we've had weeks with no home game because the pitch is fucked.

Wasps, for whatever reason whether they're just being difficult or genuinely can't afford it, weren't doing anything to sort the pitch issue so should we have just kept releasing statements blaming them and saying they need to sort it while game after game is called while the risk of a large fine and / or points deduction increases.

We'd all love to be in a situation where we didn't have to sell, especially players who we're told didn't want to go (although given that every player that leaves is apparently desperate to stay I take that with a pinch of salt) but that's simply not the case.

The question now is he the last one out the door before the window shuts? If, and its a big if, he is then given all we heard over the summer was 'keep the big 3' who else were we expecting the club to move out who would generate any significant amount or were people genuinely expecting our owners to suddenly change and start putting money into the club?

Grendel

I think he would yeah, O'hare is a brilliant player and the soul of our team but goals cost serious cash!

outside the relegated teams the highest championship fee is around £5m - he’s not getting interest at that level

KenilworthSkyBlue

You also get the impression the club have been trying to construct the deal with high up front payments. That’s going to make the deal less attractive to the buyer

Which is why I stressed the importance at the beginning of the window that if a sale/s are made it had to be pushed through early. As for those clubs interested, targets have now been already identified and secured and budgets have already been used up.

It's difficult to see what clubs will be actually interested in Gyokeres at this stage unless there's a significant valuation drop by the club, or they're relying on a desperate PL/European club coming in at the 11th hour.

skyblu3sk

outside the relegated teams the highest championship fee is around £5m - he’s not getting interest at that level
I think even sisu understand we are in a bit of a depressed market this year and Gyok is worth way more to us than £5m in my opinion. I wouldn't be surprised if they are hoping for better offers in January or next summer when the pandemic years are through.

Brighton Sky Blue

Indeed. Seemingly that hasn't happened though, or rather if it has it hasn't had the desired effect, otherwise he'd likely already be gone.

Exactly, hence saying O’Hare was drawing the largest bids by some distance. Though if indeed we were offered £5 million for Hamer by a side not even in our league, it should have been taken-assuming it weren’t mostly made of add ons.

Perryccfc

You want to try some anger management cock. I am no bedwetter ( is that even a word).
I read it as they enquired and we’re told the player was NOT for sale. Then a few weeks later they were informed he suddenly was.
How do you read it.

Reading some of you clowns on this forum I think anger management might not be a bad idea! I read it as it is, SISU are tools who have no intention of investing. But clearly from July until now the goalposts have been moved. Whether that’s down to the pitch, expected exits not happening or whatever else is speculation. I certainly don’t read it as ‘oh one player has been sold, must mean everyone’s for sale on the cheap’.

Great_Expectations

It’s a shit one, but before we completely lose the plot let’s see where we stand on Thursday morning.

If we’ve still got Gyokeres and COH, plus a Hyam replacement perhaps the relegation fodder narrative some are keen to push can be dropped.

Anyway isn’t defence our weakest area, getting rid of a mainstay of that, plus JCS, surely means we’re addressing the issue doesn’t it?*

*this is tongue in cheek.

Skyblue54

Makes you wonder how callum is feeliing?..injury cost him life changing move!..rumoured triple his wages?..a move to a stable club!..wonder if his head had been turned with whats going on?..maybe lost a little love for the club??

Users who are viewing this thread