Dom Hyam - Blackburn bid ? (1 Viewer)

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Realistically what do people expect? We know they aren't putting money into that club, that's been the case for years so can't come as a shock to anyone. We have to sell to cover losses and on top of what you'd expect in a 'normal' season we've had weeks with no home game because the pitch is fucked.

Wasps, for whatever reason whether they're just being difficult or genuinely can't afford it, weren't doing anything to sort the pitch issue so should we have just kept releasing statements blaming them and saying they need to sort it while game after game is called while the risk of a large fine and / or points deduction increases.

We'd all love to be in a situation where we didn't have to sell, especially players who we're told didn't want to go (although given that every player that leaves is apparently desperate to stay I take that with a pinch of salt) but that's simply not the case.

The question now is he the last one out the door before the window shuts? If, and its a big if, he is then given all we heard over the summer was 'keep the big 3' who else were we expecting the club to move out who would generate any significant amount or were people genuinely expecting our owners to suddenly change and start putting money into the club?
It just seems like there's no joined up thinking and every decision is made based on short term ideas.

I accept that SISU may not be able to use investment funds for the club if it's investors refuse, but it seems like they take small sums of cash which will end up costing us (and therefore them) a lot more. How much will it affect team and fan morale and how much revenue could that cost us in ticket sales etc if the team play poorly? Less interest for TV games. Prize money.

If it had such an effect we got relegated we're losing prize money. Transfer fees will plummet being in a lower league and many players being on contracts unsustainable in the league below. You'd think they'd remember what happened after the last fire sale but it seems like they're on the verge of making the same mistake again.

It's a surefire way to spiral downwards and surely it would make more sense for Joy to have covered the cost herself with another high interest loan.

KenilworthSkyBlue

Exactly, hence saying O’Hare was drawing the largest bids by some distance. Though if indeed we were offered £5 million for Hamer by a side not even in our league, it should have been taken-assuming it weren’t mostly made of add ons.

Indeed. The gamble certainly didn't pay off and the club massively overestimated the interest in all their assets really.

Understandably they want the best fee possible for their players but given the gravity of their situation there's been a sheer lack of pragmatism by all involved.

pusbccfc

outside the relegated teams the highest championship fee is around £5m - he’s not getting interest at that level

£5m for O'Hare or Gyökeres is outrageous.

steve cooper

I think Sisu are getting all the money they can as a precursor to selling the club. What's the point of selling a player with payments over 3 years if you are not going to be here?
They have openly stated that they want out.
O'Hare didn't go to Burnley because there was not enough offered up front IMO.

pusbccfc

Unless a premier league team wants them that’s all we are getting

Then you don't sell him. Which is what we have done. We've kept the big three because they aren't worth selling on the cheap. O'Hare got injured long after Burnley walked away.

Hyam, let's be honest, is worth selling cheaply to fill the cracks.

If someone polled the fans for the player in our starting 11 they'd most happily sell for a fee, Hyam would be high up that list.

Brighton Sky Blue

Then you don't sell him. Which is what we have done. We've kept the big three because they aren't worth selling on the cheap. O'Hare got injured long after Burnley walked away.

If someone polled the fans for the player in our starting 11 they'd most happily sell for a fee, Hyam would be high up that list.

If he could be upgraded yes, not with the manager scrambling around for a freebie days before the window shuts

Grendel

I think Sisu are getting all the money they can as a precursor to selling the club. What's the point of selling a player with payments over 3 years if you are not going to be here?

They haven’t said the want out and I believe deny leaking the story and even if they did it’s just games

Grendel

I think the cracks are more like fissures and that one sale isn’t going to resolve a lot - it’s clearly a vulnerable time

pusbccfc

I think the cracks are more like fissures and that one sale isn’t going to resolve a lot - it’s clearly a vulnerable time

The club has had a tough month. Had someone come in for any other player last week, we may have sold them. It's a fire sale to cover our backs after zero income this month.

ceetee

Whatever is SISU strategy, it is generally believed that cash is needed Immediately to keep the club afloat so SISU aren't going to take that money and run because without it there would not be an ongoing business to sell.

Grendel

The club has had a tough month. Had someone come in for any other player last week, we may have sold them. It's a fire sale to cover our backs after zero income this month.

We have only 2 games in the next 5 weeks - it won’t even cover a months wages let alone other costs - you can only assume a short loan to January has been issued additional to this

better days

The cash flow issues will have forced it.
@Skybluebeliever has been saying this for weeks
Look at all the problems the club has had in a short space of time
It must be extremely difficult trying to run the club on a day to day basis
As Wasps can't even pay their PAYE liabilities to HMRC it's likely we have had to finance the pitch repairs
The management team must have had a lot of sleepless nights recently

sotvtoday

Not sure if this has been posted already but this is on the BBC:

Rovers director of football Gregg Broughton said: "Our initial approach to Coventry City in July was met with a clear message that he was not for sale".

"However, when it became apparent this week that their stance had changed, we had no hesitation."

So it looks like they were alerted by us that he was for sale.

slowpoke

Have they openly stated they want out, I haven’t read one comment or opinion from our Joy or chairman.Fisher

Mcbean

They have suggested that there may be opportunity for someone to take the stadium and in that case a further opportunity to take over the successful football club that plays there (occasionally)

SlowerThanPlatt

Rovers director of football Gregg Broughton said: "Our initial approach to Coventry City in July was met with a clear message that he was not for sale".

"However, when it became apparent this week that their stance had changed, we had no hesitation."

“Gregg? It’s Dave, you can have him for a million now if you want”

pusbccfc

As Wasps can't even pay their PAYE liabilities to HMRC it's likely we have had to finance the pitch repairs

The club gets the season ticket money on a match by match basis I believe.

They've had to refund fans for tickets. Even those with a box on Wednesday are getting refunded.

As I mentioned a few weeks back, we are still waiting on payment for food and beverage money from last season.

We are, understandably, struggling with cash flow. Joy clearly isn't willing to pump any money in to cover it.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

As I've said before there's no benefit from doing so. It's swings and roundabouts. If they take that money now the offers they get for the club will be lowered. It could end up losing more value than they get if the team plays poorly, attendances decrease and especially if relegation were to happen It'd be like the owners of a car company wanting to sell up but selling all the robots on the production line first.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

It's possible, but it's also possible they made another enquiry to check the lay of the land. We knew we've had an almost perfect storm of issues thanks to no home games and likely funding the pitch repairs so I'm sure members of rivals in the same business would be aware of our situation.

What's more worrying is that it sends a clear message to anyone else that was interested in our players to have another crack. Could Burnley come back in with another O'Hare offer, but lowered because of our difficulties and O'Hare's injury, just to see what we say? At worst we say no, at best they get a player for less than they were originally willing to pay. Same with those that have supposedly been sniffing around Gyo.

shmmeee

If only we were backed by a multi billion pound fund that had access to capital…

steve cooper

JonesBob

I can just imagine some of you, if this was 40 years ago, before technology kicked in. Do you remember those days and seeing guys going round talking crap to themselves oblivious to people listening to them and just living in their dream world? They used to be called nuts or mental. Thank you for bring back those days:)(y)

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

It is a bit funny how 'Boddy is whoring out our players' became a controversial topic a few months ago. From that statement made above, I cannot see how it is anything other than the club telling Blackburn we wanted to make a sale.

My worry is that there are still a few days of the transfer window left. As I said previously, looking at our helpless situation, if you were interesting in Gyokeres, you would be a fool not to make a cut-price bid. There's a good chance it would get accepted.

Users who are viewing this thread