Dom Hyam - Blackburn bid ? (5 Viewers)

EalingSB

Hyam looks absolutely miserable in his signing photo.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I just watched the new Figo documentary on Netflix and this is how he looked at his Real Madrid unveiling. Hyam was a quality player who I enjoyed watching - absolutely criminal that we’ve had to sell one of our most consistent players because of this fucking pitch fiasco. Blackburn have got him for a steal.

pusbccfc

Hyam looks gutted. I'm not surprised

Boatymcboatface

Blackburn fan in peace, I see Twitter is having a melt down but that's normal. Is he really that good? I had him as a solid average to good championship defender. If that's the case 1.5 million is about right?

Tommo1993

Trying to think of the last time I was this disappointed over a player leaving. Probably Callum Wilson.

Perryccfc

Blackburn fan in peace, I see Twitter is having a melt down but that's normal. Is he really that good? I had him as a solid average to good championship defender. If that's the case 1.5 million is about right?

Yea I’d say he’s a solid defender. He won’t pull up trees or make stand out performances week in week out, but he will be a 7/10 most weeks. Does the basics right. Think £1.5m is a on the low side though.

Paxman II

Apparently 1.5m & Blackburn need to sell Bereton Diaz in this window. Think it's a bargain and suggest it is all up front which persuaded the powers that be.

Johnnythespider

You're assessment of him as a player is about right, any meltdowns are probably more to do with why we've had to sell and where the money will go

clint van damme

Come back tomorrow, he'll be 15 mil plus

skyblu3sk

He's a decent player, he won't set the world alight but does a good job on the basics and comfortable on the ball. Easily a good championship defender and his stats make him look even better than that to be fair.

Sky Blue Heaven

Gutted that we’ve sold Dom, a solid defender who hardly ever missed a game due to injury. Even more worrying are the comments from Blackburn saying we knocked them back in July and then changed our tune last week. Also, during MR post match interview on Saturday he said he’d been thrown “many curveballs” does this mean more sales on the cards? I can only presume that we’re in for a bumpy ride until 11pm on Thursday.

skybluepm2

Yea I’d say he’s a solid defender. He won’t pull up trees or make stand out performances week in week out, but he will be a 7/10 most weeks. Does the basics right. Think £1.5m is a on the low side though.

Very fair assessment. Not blessed with pace but competent and has grown with us as a club. Not sure he will ever make it as Premier League standard but potentially top end Championship. Probably our most consistent and competent defender, had a couple of wobbles last season but came through it. £3m would have been my valuation. £1.5m in the Championship is a bargain. Telling that we said he wasn’t for sale in July yet accepted peanuts in August.

PUSB-We_are_going_up

He’s worth more than that, a solid consistent CB and stand in captain on numerous occasions, statswise one of the best in the champo, absolut steal at 1.5m

Paxman II

I'm perfectly happy that Hyam has gone. It breaks down that long lasting partnership we have at the back which has been leaking goals. It might just change for the better. he was a competent player but never pulled up any trees tbf. It all depends who we bring in. Rose is an equal replacement tbh and does have a bit of pace. We got some money, we should be pleased with a bit of business that did not involve our top players. With Gyokeres having been marked largely out the game at Millwall too, I think any suitors will be having second thoughts.

Calista

It’s the wider context - the failure to secure the stadium in 2012 - which was a clever strategy - has been eating at her ever since
Sisu’s stadium strategy was based on a complacent assumption that they were the only game in town, trying to play financial hardball with local councillors and a charity, and pulling a bunch of smartarse moves like the golden share and the move to Northampton. Contracts all to be paid off by the Council, unencumbered freehold, battering in court and all the rest of it. All of which completely backfired and guaranteed that the Council would never deal with Sisu again, ultimately denying CCFC any chance of a stake in the arena. I can think of a few words, but “clever” wouldn’t be one of them.

I agree that Joy is driven by stubbornness - I seem to recall that's what Sisu means in Finnish isn't it, fighting on regardless to the bitter end or something?

Hertsccfc

Your assessment is about right but a good Championship defender is worth more than that. He is unspectacular but that is because he anticipates situations well which usually makes up for his lack of pace. Consistently good at this level and was easily our best defender. Can't see him playing in the Premier league if you get there though.

Hertsccfc

What the actual fudge? You’re saying losing Gyo would have been better than losing Hyam? Or have I completely misinterpreted that?
We'd have received more money from selling Gyokeres and would have been more likely to replace/buy other players, whereas nothing will happen with this £1.5million. Also, we have more forwards than defenders. Without Hyam the defence looks very weak.

Reactions: SBT

Grendel

Sisu’s stadium strategy was based on a complacent assumption that they were the only game in town, trying to play financial hardball with local councillors and a charity, and pulling a bunch of smartarse moves like the golden share and the move to Northampton. Contracts all to be paid off by the Council, unencumbered freehold, battering in court and all the rest of it. All of which completely backfired and guaranteed that the Council would never deal with Sisu again, ultimately denying CCFC any chance of a stake in the arena. I can think of a few words, but “clever” wouldn’t be one of them.

I agree that Joy is driven by stubbornness - I seem to recall that's what Sisu means in Finnish isn't it, fighting on regardless to the bitter end or something?

It was a clever strategy - well thought out and planned in detail. I doubt they could really have foreseen wasps entering the bidding. It’s a one in a hundred chance. Of course the council then were determined to do the club and offer the 250 year lease.

The YB loan always was the problem which again she identified. After that though it’s just been a bitter angry and failed attempt to redeem the lost strategy

shmmeee

Nah, but he’s ours and he’s a good age and he’s reliable and been with us since L2. Can be excellent, can drive you absolutely mad. But has improved massively year on year so wouldn’t rule out it carrying on.

Solid enough, passing has improved a lot but like the rest of our back line quite slow and prone to a silly mistake. Has captained us a few times and always seems a down to Earth decent bloke. I’d written him off last season but he proved me wrong. Just don’t play him on the left of a three, or in a back four.

Mostly though it’s an indictment of the state we are in as a club more than him as a player. I’d have him down at £2-3m, but apparently we’re fucked and will take anything.

Users who are viewing this thread