Transfer Rumour David Brekalo (4 Viewers)

Evo1883

oooo just got 'Brekalo not dead yet'

I'm assuming it means transfer wise not that he's passed away
Ben Stiller Smiling GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

CCFC88

Leeds play a 4 at the back and Charlie Cresswell can't even get in their team, leave this one for others to have please

Skybluedownunder

I'm hoping that Brekalo might look at Leeds and think I've got Rodon, Cresswell, Struijk and possibly Cooper to contend with at Leeds for 2 positions. Then see at City he has less competition for the middle slot of a back 3

From watching those interviews he did he seemed a pretty grounded and sensible guy so hopefully he sees logic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CCFC88

Id be happy with that TBH. Id rather we got the right players in in Jan than spunked our load just because. We won’t win as many games but we’re not in any danger right now.
And what we have now is just fine at the back to build a base to win games, Brekalo (as with all of the new signings) is being brought in (hopefully) to build a team 2, 3, 4 seasons from now

Skybluedownunder

Id be happy with that TBH. Id rather we got the right players in in Jan than spunked our load just because. We won’t win as many games but we’re not in any danger right now.

If that means we can get him or Cashin, I’m okay with that.
If we could buy Cashin and loan him back to Derby till Jan that would be an ideal one we’d wanna sign seeming as Brighton are so heavily linked

Derby are set on whoever buys Cashin loans him back for the season, maybe we could agree on until Jan

San Francisco

Yeah very true and obvs that’s still a problem but I feel that after they’ve sold those players then at least they’re only relying on that money generated from players sold rather than also having parachute payments to rely on as a back-up. The way it is currently teams like Leicester, Leeds etc can sell top players and generate say £100 mil income and then on top of that they’ll get another £90 million (according to some sources) over the next 3 years. You compare that with what a club like Rotherham has, it’s just astronomically different.

Completely agree. Rotherham don't even have the money to knock down their old stadium for crying out loud.

ccfc1234

If that means we can get him or Cashin, I’m okay with that.
If we could buy Cashin and loan him back to Derby till Jan that would be an ideal one we’d wanna sign seeming as Brighton are so heavily linked

Derby are set on whoever buys Cashin loans him back for the season, maybe we could agree on until Jan

If this is a 5 year plan from Doug and this guy is the real deal, I don't see the harm in doing the season loan back derby are stipulating and then getting in a loan ourselves to cover the gap, knowing we have a very good player arriving on a permanent transfer in the summer.

Agree Jan would be better however and would give Derby lots of time to plan.

Last edited:

Brighton Sky Blue

If this is a 5 year plan from Doug and this guy is the real deal, I don't see the harm in doing the season loan back derby are stimulating and then getting in a loan ourselves to cover the gap, knowing we have a very good player arriving on a permanent transfer in the summer.

Agree Jan would be better however and would give Derby lots of time to plan.
Asking for a season long loan back is taking the piss to be honest, half a season more reasonable. We’d then need to get Cashin to sign a 4-5 year deal for it to be worthwhile

Skybluedownunder

Cashin is most likely going to Brighton.

But so far they’ve not come to the party. Let’s just give Derby what they want but say you can have him till Jan.

We have to realise that now we are a championship club, when Maddison joined Norwich when they were in the champ they loaned him back to us and then even loaned him to Motherwell before he played for them. I think if we could agree till Jan with them and give them the £3m it’s a fair deal all round.

It’s not like we are desperate for a centre back, we still haven’t even gave Binks a chance yet. We’ve got cover, take the risk

fernandopartridge

But so far they’ve not come to the party. Let’s just give Derby what they want but say you can have him till Jan.

We have to realise that now we are a championship club, when Maddison joined Norwich when they were in the champ they loaned him back to us and then even loaned him to Motherwell before he played for them. I think if we could agree till Jan with them and give them the £3m it’s a fair deal all round.

It’s not like we are desperate for a centre back, we still haven’t even gave Binks a chance yet. We’ve got cover, take the risk

Why on earth would a club with our resources buy a player first team ready and loan him out

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

covcity4life

Agree except he went Aberdeen not Motherwell I think

NorthernWisdom

The only difficulty with that is we then become less appealing to players than we are currently.

As it stands we're the team who missed out on promotion on penalties looking to strengthen, rather than the muddling lower midtable side

Users who are viewing this thread