Transfer Rumour David Brekalo (1 Viewer)

procdoc

I genuinely think we’d have at least tried to make a fist of it in the premier league. Luton aren’t arsed, they’ve signed players from Barnsley and Rotherham, they’re preparing for the championship already. Fair play for going up and getting the dosh for doing so but it’s just pointless them being there

Terry_dactyl

I genuinely think we’d have at least tried to make a fist of it in the premier league. Luton aren’t arsed, they’ve signed players from Barnsley and Rotherham, they’re preparing for the championship already. Fair play for going up and getting the dosh for doing so but it’s just pointless them being there
Let’s see where they are in a few years time I guess.

covcity4life

Moan moan moan

People moaned forest spent too much

People moan Luton putting stadium first

People are twats

procdoc

Moan moan moan

People moaned forest spent too much

People moan Luton putting stadium first

People are twats
I’m not moaning. I didn’t moan about Forest? Their strategy worked, they had a real go at staying up and they achieved it.
iI said fair play for them for taking the dosh but my view of them not even attempting to stay up doesn’t make me a twat. You’re meant to be a teacher, grow up

Hertsccfc

I have to say I have far more respect for Luton than I do for Chelsea. It's about time we got over the Play off final. They won and are deservedly there.

Clubs like Chelsea, Newcastle and Man City are far more deserving of our contempt than Luton. I mean we have a club owned by Saudi Arabia playing in the Premier League and people are moaning about Luton.

covcity4life

I’m not moaning. I didn’t moan about Forest? Their strategy worked, they had a real go at staying up and they achieved it.
iI said fair play for them for taking the dosh but my view of them not even attempting to stay up doesn’t make me a twat. You’re meant to be a teacher, grow up
I am teaching you that life is short and to stop being bitter and miserable.

Bet you use FB and post every day about something that annoyed you.

procdoc

I have to say I have far more respect for Luton than I do for Chelsea. It's about time we got over the Play off final. They won and are deservedly there.
I’m not saying otherwise. All I said was that I think we would have at least made an attempt to stay in the premier league. Nothing controversial about that

procdoc

I am teaching you that life is short and to stop being bitter and miserable.

Bet you use FB and post every day about something that annoyed you.
I’m not being neither. And I don’t post on Facebook everyday about things that annoy me. I usually like you but you called me a twat for no reason. You can get in the bin

Brighton Sky Blue

They will probably finish bottom or 19th, but they’ll also come down with a very strong Championship squad that will stay intact, their club infrastructure sorted and £45 million extra to spend in parachute money for the first season down. Most likely they would go back up and that time spend the money on trying to stay up.

I’ll be honest but for the fact it was us they denied I’d be saying fair play to them.

Grendel

I’m not saying otherwise. All I said was that I think we would have at least made an attempt to stay in the premier league. Nothing controversial about that

I spoke to a fair few of their fans on the way down to the final and they didn’t want any money spent on players

They see this as a way of building a stadium to preserve the clubs future

TomRad85

You're bang on too. Even the squad we've assembled now plus Gyokeres and Hamer would be far more capable than Luton. You'd have to assume that wouldn't be it either.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Torquay Sky Blue

Let's be honest Brighton and Chelsea would of hamerred us. Both us and Luton were nowhere near ready for that jump. They'll come back far more prepared for the future.
I still think we'll end up better than them long term

procdoc

I spoke to a fair few of their fans on the way down to the final and they didn’t want any money spent on players

They see this as a way of building a stadium to preserve the clubs future
each to their own but I’d prefer to try and be more competitive. Maybe I’ve played Football Manager too often!

Grendel

each to their own but I’d prefer to try and be more competitive. Maybe I’ve played Football Manager too often!

It’s just a unique situation

They are building a stadium still in the centre of Luton and need it to compete

If we were promoted I’d had liked to see a 50 year fully protected sub lease with all rights to the pitch - that would have been expensive but worth it

Tea & Busquets

Luton are playing the long game still. Getting their ground sorted and building a high end championship team allows them to go down and build more onto what they currently have with their remaining parachute payments. If all goes well for them they may well become a mid table prem club in the next 2-3 seasons.

procdoc

They may well still be competitive, like Forest they will be relying on picking up points at home where they can impose their style
Just don’t see where the quality is. Their saving grace might be how bad Wolves and Everton have looked so far and I fully expect Sheffield Utd and a couple of others to struggle

TomRad85

Luton are playing the long game still. Getting their ground sorted and building a high end championship team allows them to go down and build more onto what they currently have with their remaining parachute payments. If all goes well for them they may well become a mid table prem club in the next 2-3 seasons.
Doubt it, they'll settle back into mediocre Championship club pretty quickly

procdoc

I guess time will tell to see how their strategy will play out

fatso

People said the same when Brentford went up, and Bournemouth, Fulham, Palace, and Forest.
Luton may well struggle, and they are bookies favourites for the drop, but to say its pointless them being there after the journey they've been through is just disrespectful.
They've only played 2 games, both away from home against teams that are looking at top 6 spots. They will need time to adjust.

It's noticeable that the same people who are writing Luton off after 2 games are the ones who were screaming that you can't write Ellis Simms off after 2 games.
It's a crazy world.

TomRad85

People said the same when Brentford went up, and Bournemouth, Fulham, Palace, and Forest.
Luton may well struggle, and they are bookies favourites for the drop, but to say its pointless them being there after the journey they've been through is just disrespectful.
They've only played 2 games, both away from home against teams that are looking at top 6 spots. They will need time to adjust.

It's noticeable that the same people who are writing Luton off after 2 games are the ones who were screaming that you can't write Ellis Simms off after 2 games.
It's a crazy world.
Why do you care about being respectful to Luton? Most people on this group can't even be respectful to each other.

procdoc

It's a crazy world.
Their style of football just won’t cut it, in my my opinion. I could be wrong and will happily admit I was should they stay up or at least come close to it.

fatso

Why do you care about being respectful to Luton? Most people on this group can't even be respectful to each other.

Fuck off you bellend 😘

Seriously though, putting aside the fact that the wankers beat us on pens, there has to be an opportunity for the little clubs to progress up the football pyramid. Or what would be the point of any league other than the Premier league.

If you'd of told me a few years ago that Brentford would be PL I'd of laughed, but good management and careful reinvestment can get you there.

Luton have showed what's possible, even for a tiny club with a shit ground and small budget.

Brighton Sky Blue

Fuck off you bellend 😘

Seriously though, putting aside the fact that the wankers beat us on pens, there has to be an opertunity for the little clubs to progress up the football pyramid. Or what would be the point of any league other than the Premier league.

If you'd of told me a few years ago that Brentford would be PL I'd of laughed, but good management and careful reinvestment can get you there.

Luton have showed what's possible, even for a tiny club with a shit ground and small budget.
And some terrible football which they're continuing with in the top division.

covcity4life

I’m not being neither. And I don’t post on Facebook everyday about things that annoy me. I usually like you but you called me a twat for no reason. You can get in the bin
Tbf I said people are(me included at times) not specifically you

TomRad85

Fuck off you bellend

Seriously though, putting aside the fact that the wankers beat us on pens, there has to be an opertunity for the little clubs to progress up the football pyramid. Or what would be the point of any league other than the Premier league.

I get it, it's a good story but now they are there you do feel they'll be absolutely honking. Let's discuss again in a few weeks I suppose.

fatso

I get it, it's a good story but now they are there you do feel they'll be absolutely honking. Let's discuss again in a few weeks I suppose.

Oh I expect they'll be deep in the relegation battle after Christmas, but so will Everton, and Forest, and Sheff utd and maybe Palace and Fulham. Luton will need to maximise their home advantage and make that tiny ground a fortress. Its a huge challenge for them, but it will be interesting to see it play out.

Incidentally, I may be wrong but arnt Everton still at risk of a points deduction under ffp rules?

Users who are viewing this thread