Welcome to Sky Blues Talk!

You're currently viewing the forum as a guest. Join thousands of fellow Coventry City fans today!

Match Thread Coventry City vs. Tranmere Rovers Match Thread - Sunday 13th Oct (1 Viewer)

0-5 Tranmere... absolutely hate them. Always seem to beat us.

still have nightmares about that New Year’s Day game a few years back

EDIT:- was in November... you get the point though
 
we have to find a way to get Godden on the ball in the right areas more.
Wouldn't to anything too drastic as far as tactics is concerned though maybe try and get O'Hare to play a bit closer to him.
Wouldn't drop anyone for Kelly yet either, he's clearly a while a way from match fitness.
 
'Home' match so I'm hopeful of a return to winning ways and a good performance in terms of possession and passing. Got a few injuries now (expect the papers to say we've got a fully fit squad while Man City will have an 'injury crisis' because De Bruyne and Sane are injured). Not sure if Max and Baka are no injured too so it may be Bremang on the bench (maybe we could cancel Ponti's loan and put him on our bench)

Hopefully we'll see Godden get a goal somehow but it is starting to get a bit worrying that he's getting few chances. We can talk about lack of opportunities created but we've had Hiwula and Baka missing opportunities so they are appearing somewhere - is it his runs aren't getting into the areas where the chances are being created?

Would love to see Kelly back but having played last night not sure I'd risk him unless necessary as a sub. I'm tempted to bring Westbrooke back in but I can't see who would play the deep role if I dropped Walsh and despite Shipley's poor performance last weekend (alongside everyone else) I don't think it'd be fair to drop him.

I'll go 3-1 win

__________Marosi
Dabo__Rose__Hyam__Mason
__O'Hare__Walsh__Shipley
Kastaneer_Godden_Hiwula

Subs: Wilson, McCallum, Williams, Kelly, Westbrooke, Burroughs/Bapaga, Bremang
 
Kelly back in the side, he looked fine last night. He isn't going to get fit sitting on the bench.

I'd play Walsh and O'Hare either side of him, be good to release Walsh to get further forward. Shipley was dire at Rotherham.

Walsh was gash as well. Takes him a while to get going in games and IMO he fills a similar role to Kelly.
 
'Home' match so I'm hopeful of a return to winning ways and a good performance in terms of possession and passing. Got a few injuries now (expect the papers to say we've got a fully fit squad while Man City will have an 'injury crisis' because De Bruyne and Sane are injured). Not sure if Max and Baka are no injured too so it may be Bremang on the bench (maybe we could cancel Ponti's loan and put him on our bench)

Hopefully we'll see Godden get a goal somehow but it is starting to get a bit worrying that he's getting few chances. We can talk about lack of opportunities created but we've had Hiwula and Baka missing opportunities so they are appearing somewhere - is it his runs aren't getting into the areas where the chances are being created?

Would love to see Kelly back but having played last night not sure I'd risk him unless necessary as a sub. I'm tempted to bring Westbrooke back in but I can't see who would play the deep role if I dropped Walsh and despite Shipley's poor performance last weekend (alongside everyone else) I don't think it'd be fair to drop him.

I'll go 3-1 win

__________Marosi
Dabo__Rose__Hyam__Mason
__O'Hare__Walsh__Shipley
Kastaneer_Godden_Hiwula

Subs: Wilson, McCallum, Williams, Kelly, Westbrooke, Burroughs/Bapaga, Bremang
Kelly starts...put your house on it
 
Walsh was gash as well. Takes him a while to get going in games and IMO he fills a similar role to Kelly.
No way. Walsh isn't naturally that defensive midfielder kind of player. His best games for us was when he played in one of the other two midfield slots. Him and O Hare in those positions will be fantastic.
 
If Godden could get into the slot Hiwula finds he will score a hatful
 
we have to find a way to get Godden on the ball in the right areas more.
Wouldn't to anything too drastic as far as tactics is concerned though maybe try and get O'Hare to play a bit closer to him.
Wouldn't drop anyone for Kelly yet either, he's clearly a while a way from match fitness.
I thought Kelly made a difference when he came on at Rotherham. I really like Walsh, although like most of them, he was poor at Rotherham. Perhaps significant that it was him he brought off for Kelly rather than Shipley.
 
I think Kelly will definitely start, with Kastaneer most likely dropping out. Shipley had a good couple of games prior to last week, and I see no way MR will drop him on the back of a performance where only O'Hare played half decently.
 
Shipley maybe can play on the right? Kelly Walsh and Ohare in the middle
 
Is Ponticelli allowed to play against us?
He's been warming the bench there so far but could be a danger to us if he comes on.
All the same I think we'll win by two goals, probably 3-1.
 
Is Ponticelli allowed to play against us?
He's been warming the bench there so far but could be a danger to us if he comes on.
All the same I think we'll win by two goals, probably 3-1.
Nope
 
Will be a strong line up, but a weak bench, with the likes of Bapaga and Bremang the only attacking back up. Could do with one or two of these relatively short-term injuries clearing up asap.
 
A difficult one this one think we have road our luck to remain unbeaten for so long - it just caught up with us big style at Rotherham.

I would make a few changes I think this would be my team below.

Marosi
Dabo
Mason
Rose
Hyam
Kelly
O'Hare
Shipley
Hiwula
Godden
Baka

Subs: Wilson. McCallum, MacFadzean, Westbrooke, Walsh, Kastaneer, Bremang
 
-----------Marosi
Dabo Hyam Rose Mason
---Ohare Kelly Shipley
Kastaneer Godden Hiwula

3-0 Hiwula x2 Godden x1
 
Didn't see how Kastaneer played against FGR, but I think Robins might start O'Hare on the right and play Kelly, Walsh and Shipley in the middle.
 
With Godden looking increasingly isolated in recent games might be reshuffle and go 2 holding in the middle and O’Hare number 10? Oggi alluded to this in the commentary on Tuesday.
 
With Godden looking increasingly isolated in recent games might be reshuffle and go 2 holding in the middle and O’Hare number 10? Oggi alluded to this in the commentary on Tuesday.
Wouldn't this isolate him more, Id like to think at home to a struggling side we wouldn't go with two holding,

We should have the majority of possession so Kelly should be sat infront of the back four with two of Ohare, Walsh & Shipley supporting Godden centrally
 
If Godden could get into the slot Hiwula finds he will score a hatful
This is an interesting point... For example, C. Ronaldo will drift to a flank where he thinks he can capitalise to score (his usual lorry load of) goals.

I wonder if Godden, could switch with Hiuwla during games, or whether it is a no go for i) him personally ii) Manager's orders... Because he is not getting a sniff, especially in home games, which is a massive worry.
 
I’d go 4131 TBH. Back to the system we had with O’Hare in the Bright role.
 
This is an interesting point... For example, C. Ronaldo will drift to a flank where he thinks he can capitalise to score (his usual lorry load of) goals.

I wonder if Godden, could switch with Hiuwla during games, or whether it is a no go for i) him personally ii) Manager's orders... Because he is not getting a sniff, especially in home games, which is a massive worry.
Ronaldo plays in Hiwulas position, he doesn't have 3 left feet like Hiwula however.
 
Very little evidence Robins ever experiments (although he does have the odd rush of blood to the head). Therefore I venture
  • It will be 4-3-3
  • Kelly will come back
  • Walsh will make way because Shipley is teacher's pet
  • Kastenaar will retain his place
  • Hiwula will retain his place
  • It will be either 1-0 or alternatively 2-1 with Tranmere scoring first
  • Godden will not score
 
This is an interesting point... For example, C. Ronaldo will drift to a flank where he thinks he can capitalise to score (his usual lorry load of) goals.

I wonder if Godden, could switch with Hiuwla during games, or whether it is a no go for i) him personally ii) Manager's orders... Because he is not getting a sniff, especially in home games, which is a massive worry.
exactamundo - i am sure Godden could convert the chances Hiwula is getting !
 
I’d go 4131 TBH. Back to the system we had with O’Hare in the Bright role.
one league loss bro

do we really need to change formation so soon? all for it if required like but for now 433 is working more often than not
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom