Match Thread Coventry City vs Scunthorpe United Match Thread - Saturday 4th Aug (3 Viewers)

Sky Blue Pete

Well we need to grow up fast cause we were by far the better team today and lost 2-1 at home. Stopped playing at 1-1 and only got back to it last 10. Lots of hopeful signs.

mark82

Disappointing. We probably should have won. Played ok, but didn't take our chances and poor defensively. Hopefully can find a striker and a defender or two in the next few days.

mark82

It’s worth remembering that Scunthorpe have consistently been one of the best teams in L1 for the past 3 seasons. This was always going to be a tough opener.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Think Scunthorpe will be weaker this year. Need to be winning our home games regardless of opposition but let's not overreact to one game.l

GaryJones

Predictably disappointing!

GaryJones

I wish I was on holiday!

Esoterica

This is gonna be a long hard season. We've a week to sort things out .
Think we'll be fine, we were much the better footballing team. We've easily deserved a point and there were loads of positives in that. Scunthorpe are a seasoned team at this level and Robins has just got to get the kids concentrating for 90 minutes. We're pretty green at the back - Hyam 22, Willis 23, Mason 20, Sterling 18. With Mason starting over Brown today, maybe Grimmer would have been the better option but he played well enough except for the brain lapse for the goal. Kelly and Davies to come back in too with another couple of loans.

Paxman II

That was very disappointing. We just about deserved to win on overall play but sadly we must concentrate every minute. Yes the post saved Scunny a few times and a great stop from their keeper late on. But we played a side who in flashes looked good coming forward and were missing 3 of their better players. I thought we would loose the game when MR's strangely took off Bayliss and so it proved. Ogogo looked good but went missing in patches. We should have gone on to win it after going one up but I don't think the balance was quite right. Lots of positives and good football but we undone by being weak at the back when it mattered. Did not see much from Jordy. When is Jones ready?

Grendel

Think we'll be fine, we were much the better footballing team. We've easily deserved a point and there were loads of positives in that. Scunthorpe are a seasoned team at this level and Robins has just got to get the kids concentrating for 90 minutes. We're pretty green at the back - Hyam 22, Willis 23, Mason 20, Sterling 18. With Mason starting over Brown today, maybe Grimmer would have been the better option but he played well enough except for the brain lapse for the goal. Kelly and Davies to come back in too with another couple of loans.

Willis - green?

Sky Blue Harry H

My mate (who is always right) says there were lots of positive signs. I'll go with that. Off to Wimbledon on Saturday; come on City! Don't be down lads. Good turnout by the way.

Grendel

Name them

The right back didn’t impress either defensively or going forward

It seems inexplicable he lee mcdonald leave before signing a replacement given Willis was not fit and Davis suspended

Doyle at his best is not a league 1 player and now although his energy levels still are high is not going to fe a regular

Biamou is not ever going to be good enough to play the role he is being asked to and league 1 is a better league

PVA

Disappointing to lose a game we largely dominated.

Agogo and Andreu very impressive Sterling a little disappointing.

The return of Jones and the signing of a goalscorer will make that side pretty decent.

skyblueelephant76

We have too many players that haven't had a full preseason and it showed second half. There were plenty of positive signs though and I didnt think we deserved to lose.

Grendel

He's our most experienced defender on the pitch at 23, and the rest of the defence had less than 20 first team league appearances between them, so yes Willis was part of a defence that was pretty green. Now fuck off and troll someone else.

He’s played 140 games

Also robins did not select an experienced left back he signed or Grimmer

larry_david

I don't think biamou deserves to feature in the top 3 disappointments of today

Let's talk about Jonson 'falls over when someone sneezes' Clarke Harris

Grendel

I don't think biamou deserves to feature in the top 3 disappointments of today

Let's talk about Jonson 'falls over when someone sneezes' Clarke Harris

Well we can. Then we also need to discuss why he’s been signed

Sky Blue Pete

The right back didn’t impress either defensively or going forward

It seems inexplicable he lee mcdonald leave before signing a replacement given Willis was not fit and Davis suspended

Doyle at his best is not a league 1 player and now although his energy levels still are high is not going to fe a regular

Biamou is not ever going to be good enough to play the role he is being asked to and league 1 is a better league
Sterling defended well for 99 % of the game

Thompson did ok and better than McDonald has over the last 15.

Kelly will play I reckon and he Doyle wasn’t poor today

Biamou did ok. We really should have scored 4 or 5 today.

Positives

Ogogo fabulous
Hiwula will score goals
Bayliss looks strong and mobile
Andreu is class
Crowd excellent even after losing and in number
Jch when he stands up is a beast
Mason looked very very promising

Even without thinking too hard that’s more positives

Essexrobbie

Three subs all at once...asking for trouble. It takes time to bed in and get into the pace of a game even playing non league. Through us off balance I would imagine.

larry_david

Well we can. Then we also need to discuss why he’s been signed
I wouldn't have signed him.

Early thoughts if sterling was our youth rb I'd say he's nowhere near ready for our first team.

Doyle cannot play every min of every game.

Two shocking goals to conceed

pusbccfc

Very disappointed.

Scunthorpe did a job on us. They were quite happy going for the draw and got more than they hoped.

Lots of positives throughout. Before their goals we were by far the better side and played some really good football. Andreu and Bayliss linked incredibly well.

Biamou did okay, certainly better than JCH, however, he may not be enough.

I disagree with someone above, I really don't think Hiwula will score many at all.

Grimmer has to start next week.

Users who are viewing this thread