Match Thread Coventry City vs. Accrington Stanley Match Thread - Saturday 3rd Nov (2 Viewers)

better days

I'm not at all negative about tomorrow
They'll probably come to try to strangle the game and try to score from a breakaway or set piece as did most teams we slipped up against at the Ricoh last year
The difference this year is that we have multiple goal threats and pace in the side compared to last year
And the bench is exponentially better this year if Robins needs to make changes

tisza

Very naive. They absolutely schooled us home and away last season, and are above us in the league on merit. While I would be delighted with the win, the job that John Coleman is doing at Accrington shouldn't be underestimated in any way. This won't be easy by any stretch.
Been impressed by Coleman and the job he's done. Good team spirit and work ethic. Still an excellent achievement to take Accrington up as worthy champions particularly on their budget.

Sky Blue Harry H

Looked at the eleven we put out against these last year, and now understand/remember why we lost.

Liquid Gold

Looked at the eleven we put out against these last year, and now understand/remember why we lost.
I see what you mean - they were all ill too

• 13O'Brien
  • 20Kelly-Evans
  • 4Willis
  • 5McDonald
  • 3Stokes
  • 17Maguire-DrewVincenti
  • 30BaylissReid
  • 6Kelly
  • 26Shipley
  • 9Biamou
  • 10McNultyClarke-Harris

CovInEssex

Leicester/Stoke/WBA - when they were established prem sides is probably our ceiling, and all of them have empty seats.

Anyway back to Accrington stanley in league one...

Covstu

We owe Stanley a better game than last year, decent crowd and we didn’t show up. 1-1 tomorrow however

Gazolba

Winning run comes to an end, 1-1 draw.

Great_Expectations

Absolutely believe we will win, why would we not be confident?

I’ve said all season we have technically superior players and we have subsequently added pace too. Add to that, MR is allowing us to play more offensively, and we really are a force in this league.

2-1 City

johnwillomagic

Think we should be unchanged and in theory we should be confident after 5 game winning run think it will be tough but can see us sneaking it 1-0.

Team
Burge
Sterling
Brown
Willis
Davies
Bayliss
Doyle
Thomas
Hiwula
JCH
Chaplin.

Subs; O'Brien, Hyam, Grimmer, Ogogo, Kelly, Jones, Bakayoko

Magwitch

Think we should be unchanged and in theory we should be confident after 5 game winning run think it will be tough but can see us sneaking it 1-0.

Team
Burge
Sterling
Brown
Willis
Davies
Bayliss
Doyle
Thomas
Hiwula
JCH
Chaplin.

Subs; O'Brien, Hyam, Grimmer, Ogogo, Kelly, Jones, Bakayoko
Good team, good bench, any of those outfield players coming on doesn’t weaken us at all, and there’s Shipley and Mason too, confident of a good result today

Sky_Blue_Daz

Chaplin first goal city to win 2-1 is 20/1 with paddy power

6 Generations

Be nice to continue our winning streak and think that we might.

Regardless of said negative tactics in the 2nd half last week, we withstood the onslaught and won.

Hopefully we will capitalise on first half dominance this week.

We will concede but probably win 3-1

Esoterica

Think an early goal will be key to drawing them out of defensive mode so hope we start with the same intensity as last week's first half. Our pace off the flanks and Chaplin dropping between the lines should trouble their organised approach today.
I do think we need to take our chances today though - they've scored 9 equalisers (compared to our 2) already this season having gone behind 12 times. There's a lot of self belief in their team, I guess as a result of last season's performances and keeping the squad together, so I don't fancy another backs to the wall job like last week.
They've also scored a lot of goals within 5 minutes of conceding, so we need to stay focused if we do score.

Last edited:

Sky Blue Pete

Think an early goal will be key to drawing them out of defensive mode so hope we start with the same intensity as last week's first half. Our pace off the flanks and Chaplin dropping between the lines should trouble their organised approach today.
I do think we need to take our chances today though - they've scored 9 equalisers (compared to our 2) already this season having gone behind 12 times. There's a lot of self belief in their team, I guess as a result of last season's performances and keeping the squad together, so I don't fancy another backs to the wall job like last week.
Prediction young man? How’s the knee?

SkyBlueSoul

1-1 for me today. Wouldn’t be too disappointed with that, as amazing as 6 in a row would be. Pretty sure that’s been my prediction for the last 2 as well though...

steve82

A score draw I predict today, Accrington are a similar side to us in terms of a tight galvanised side who are organised. Doncaster really got at us last week in the second half as they overpowered our midfield and another day could of took a point or all 3. If Accrington have done there homework this could end our winning streak.

That said be nice to be quick out the blocks and get some quick early goals to set up a enjoyable afternoon

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread