Match Thread Coventry City vs. Accrington Stanley Match Thread - Saturday 3rd Nov (1 Viewer)

cc84cov

Set pieces will be key for us last 2 games we have gone from looking awful at them to looking a real force...they are a well oiled outfit but I fancy us to beat them in a tight game.

Sky Blue Pete

Same team do we think?

Wonder how far Jones is off playing more than a cameo

Fancy us to click going forward again and would be good to think given a week of no games that fitness levels will mean a push for 90 mins

Hate predictions but can certainly see us continuing our winning run

2-1 Chaplin and Thomas

Ricketts

5-0 City. Luke Thomas has got that monkey off his shoulders and will get at least one, as will JCH. Another one for CC and the usual one for Hiwula. Not sure who will get the fifth.

Finally move into the play-offs, but it is the automatics we are after.

I can't see us losing again this season.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
At this stage of the season it is just another game

I dont expect CCFC to lose but it is going to be a tight game. Neither team give much away defensively and neither team are big scorers

1 : 1

Fergusons_Beard

We definitely owe them.

One good think is they’ll be no surprises-they’re doing the same thing they did last year.

Teams underestimate them and they nick games one nill.

Robins will know what they’re all about and prepare for them accordingly.

We’ve toughened up because of our season in league 2 and the up and under teams don’t scare us anymore.

I feel that we have pace all over our team and that frightens anyone.

I honestly believe we have too much for Accrington and expect us to win.

Not saying it won’t be tough but our team are technically better and now seem to have matched that with a brilliant team ethos and a never say die attitude.

PUSB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

no_loyalty

We need to be streetwise to beat Accrington.

lifeskyblue

No reason we can’t beat them. Turn up and play like the last five games. Confidence should be high.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old Warwickshire lad

You know it. Last year we gave them too much respect.

Davies used to play for them so I can't see him wiping Billy Kee out as I "think" they are mates.
Don’t think Davies has any mates during the game, might have a drink with them after.
Just as it should be.

covcity4life

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

Confirmed MConville is suspended.
Their captain, leading goalscorer, most assists etc big miss for them and a big plus for us. Surely we cant f up 6 in a row against these!?

Stanley Senior Cup clash a chance for fringe players to shine | Lancashire Telegraph
Very naive. They absolutely schooled us home and away last season, and are above us in the league on merit. While I would be delighted with the win, the job that John Coleman is doing at Accrington shouldn't be underestimated in any way. This won't be easy by any stretch.

Briles

Took my Little boy to his first ever Coventry game last year and unfortunately picked this one. He was underwhelmed to say the least (at the time I remember thinking better to set his expectations early on) then we went on a mad run. Anyway I'm going for a 1-1 draw and both goals headers. PUSB

Liquid Gold

Took my Little boy to his first ever Coventry game last year and unfortunately picked this one. He was underwhelmed to say the least (at the time I remember thinking better to set his expectations early on) then we went on a mad run. Anyway I'm going for a 1-1 draw and both goals headers. PUSB
You'd have been better taking him to any other game where 1, the team would have played better and 2, the people in the stands weren't there to abuse them.

Nick

Administrator
You'd have been better taking him to any other game where 1, the team would have played better and 2, the people in the stands weren't there to abuse them.

Or be amazed by lights on phones.

I wanted to get a lazer pen from China and wipe some of their eyes out.

covcity4life

whilst i take your point on fairweather fans that performance was dogshite from minute 1 and much worse than normal. they deserved any boos or sighs they got that day

Ricketts

The team play much better with support and encouragement from the terraces, no boos or rediculous SISU out protests, which have cost us points.

Liquid Gold

whilst i take your point on fairweather fans that performance was dogshite from minute 1 and much worse than normal. they deserved any boos or sighs they got that day
The guys in front of me was telling Bayliss how shit he is after 5 minutes. I understand dissatisfaction with that performance but abusing our rising young star who's had a hell of a breakout few games after 5 minutes was unacceptable.

"you're fucking shit mate"
"Get him off he's fucking useless"
"He's not fit to wear the shirt"

Same cretins that would have been outraged if we'd sold him over the summer.

Users who are viewing this thread