Match Thread Coventry City vs. Accrington Stanley Match Thread - Saturday 3rd Nov (1 Viewer)

covcity4life

The guys in front of me was telling Bayliss how shit he is after 5 minutes. I understand dissatisfaction with that performance but abusing our rising young star who's had a hell of a breakout few games after 5 minutes was unacceptable.

"you're fucking shit mate"
"Get him off he's fucking useless"
"He's not fit to wear the shirt"

Same cretins that would have been outraged if we'd sold him over the summer.
didnt hear any of that personally, uncalled for defintley

do rmemeber bayliss having bad game as a friend who supports a big 4 team fan that went to game told me(who watched him week in week out) he wasnt good at all

by playoff final time he admitted he got it wrong at least.

Nick

Administrator
didnt hear any of that personally, uncalled for defintley

do rmemeber bayliss having bad game as a friend who supports a big 4 team fan that went to game told me(who watched him week in week out) he wasnt good at all

by playoff final time he admitted he got it wrong at least.

So in other words he watches sky sports and goes to watch CCFC when there's an occasion?

standupforcity

The guys in front of me was telling Bayliss how shit he is after 5 minutes. I understand dissatisfaction with that performance but abusing our rising young star who's had a hell of a breakout few games after 5 minutes was unacceptable.

"you're fucking shit mate"
"Get him off he's fucking useless"
"He's not fit to wear the shirt"

Same cretins that would have been outraged if we'd sold him over the summer.

Last Sat when City were under pressure in the second half a guy behind me started celebrating saying 'This is more like it...this is what we came to see...City shit...I can see 2-2 written all over this one'. I sit in the same seat every week, and I've never seen this guy before...hope I don't again!!!

Anyway...I'm going for 3-1 win....

Nick

Administrator
My favourite was the guy going absolutely ape shit at McSheffrey a while back. "Fuck off you gypo", "You are shit", "fuck off back to wolves you pikey".

covcity4life

So in other words he watches sky sports and goes to watch CCFC when there's an occasion?
basically, hes one of the better glory fans lol

he does have soft spot for cov and used to go highfield road too so watches ahndful of games a year(cheap and important ones sure) but at least he wants cov to do well, i know some big team fans that dont care for their home city at all

of course he shud support cov no doubt.

Irish Sky Blue

Great news as he is the one who's involved in most good things they do.
I'm saying we'll win by 2 goals now.
I don’t know why this guy is suspended, red card or accumulation of yellows, but it seems it Could have a negative effect on Accrington’s performance on Saturday (hopefully). I don’t know if it is a conscious thing or has just happened, but I don’t think we are near a suspension for any of our players. They have been very disciplined this season. I think Davies with two yellows has recieved the most cards. I may be wrong but I don’t think anyone else has two. Good going this far into the season. Injuries are inevitable but suspensions like the one for McConville are to be avoided whenever possible. Maybe Doyle’s influence at play again. For such a narky player, he never gets himself suspended these days. If he recieved a yellow in a game, he makes sure he is no where near another one. If he is a booking away from suspension, he makes sure he stays clear of trouble until the threshold date has passed. A clever player in this way.

ccfcricoh

It's 5 yellows he's got.

By the looks of it Accrington don't give a sh*te about suspensions. They've mustered up 33 yellows and 1 red, compared with our 17 yellows and no reds.

Not a lot you can do about injuries but missing key players through suspension can be avoided and may cost them (hopefully!)

Nick

Administrator
That can only mean we need to get stuck in before they do.

giphy.gif

Ashdown

I'd take 1 nil home win now, it can be as shit game as you like too..........I can't make it anyway ! 3 points and six on the spin please.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I've got us down for a draw in the SBT Bookies thing, but only because the odds were decent! Of course I want the boys to win, but can they do 6 on the bounce? I'm sure they can as long as they don't get too complacent.
I have to hold my hand up and admit that I felt Mark Robins wasn't a good choice second time around, but he seems to have taken to the club and he manages with a bit of pride now. If he can keep this up, who knows? Could he do a Jimmy Hill and take us back to the top in just a handful of seasons?

Londonccfcfan

It's 5 yellows he's got.

By the looks of it Accrington don't give a sh*te about suspensions. They've mustered up 33 yellows and 1 red, compared with our 17 yellows and no reds.

Not a lot you can do about injuries but missing key players through suspension can be avoided and may cost them (hopefully!)

Especially when or if you get 10 yellows its a 2 game ban and 3 game ban for 15.

cc84cov

Anyone think the attendnece will rise ? I’m hoping tbh it stays as it has been no added pressure etc as big crowds in the past seem to make us freeze.

luwalla

Last Sat when City were under pressure in the second half a guy behind me started celebrating saying 'This is more like it...this is what we came to see...City shit...I can see 2-2 written all over this one'. I sit in the same seat every week, and I've never seen this guy before...hope I don't again!!!

Anyway...I'm going for 3-1 win....
I have a core group of friends who ‘support city’ but don’t go regular any more & always half mock me for still having a season ticket... under the excuse that , when we think we’ve tuned a corner they will lose and let you down, when we we play a team that hasn’t won for a while we will lose, we play alright against the big teams but crumble when he minnows come here, SISU have ruined the club and so on... but then are all over me for tickets come Wembley time. they are my mates and I love them, and half of them are the ones that got me into supporting g city many moons ago, but we clearly have different views on what supporting city is all about.

As you say, it’s like they revel in the Downing’s or not so good days, as it proves their point

CovInEssex

I have a core group of friends who ‘support city’ but don’t go regular any more & always half mock me for still having a season ticket... under the excuse that , when we think we’ve tuned a corner they will lose and let you down, when we we play a team that hasn’t won for a while we will lose, we play alright against the big teams but crumble when he minnows come here, SISU have ruined the club and so on... but then are all over me for tickets come Wembley time. they are my mates and I love them, and half of them are the ones that got me into supporting g city many moons ago, but we clearly have different views on what supporting city is all about.

As you say, it’s like they revel in the Downing’s or not so good days, as it proves their point

I think people are just so used to disappointment there's no turning back

SlowerThanPlatt

Charity Shield was a record attendance at Wembley from one club. (50k plus) I think a record that still stands. I'm sure I've read that somewhere.
Yeah someone posted it on here before iirc it was a piece in the Guardian where a Birmingham fan asked if their 50,000 was the largest, the overall attendance was 88,000 so larger than our last two visits

matesx

Anyone think the attendnece will rise ? I’m hoping tbh it stays as it has been no added pressure etc as big crowds in the past seem to make us freeze.

about 10,300 Cov fans last week, be nice if that increased but playing AS isnt exactly a big draw to the casual supporter.

Guessing they will only bring a couple of hundred.

Liquid Gold

Donny bought 650 if I remember correctly, I'd expect Stanley to bring half of that so we need to up out numbers just to keep the same.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Unchanged again if no injuries etc.

Dull game and end of the winning streak as they're too well organised. Going for a draw as they've got McConville missing.

'Streetwise' to make a return to post-match interview.

Just hope we don't get a polar opposite of last year when we went on a great run after Accrington whereas this year we've had a great run going into the game.

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

I do find it strange that we can win 5 on the bounce and home attendance is still around 10,000. I know it's League One, but we've just been promoted, there was 40,000+ at Wembley for the League Two playoffs, surely from that high and how well we've started they should be enticed back. I just don't get it at all. Makes me worry about future attendances.

matesx

I do find it strange that we can win 5 on the bounce and home attendance is still around 10,000. I know it's League One, but we've just been promoted, there was 40,000+ at Wembley for the League Two playoffs, surely from that high and how well we've started they should be enticed back. I just don't get it at all. Makes me worry about future attendances.[/QUOTEAgree.

Its a bit depressing really.

I guess for the non die hards a division 3 game v Doncaster Rover or Accrington Stanley isnt a worth spending £22 on a ticket.

Dimi_Konstantflapalot

I don’t know why this guy is suspended, red card or accumulation of yellows, but it seems it Could have a negative effect on Accrington’s performance on Saturday (hopefully). I don’t know if it is a conscious thing or has just happened, but I don’t think we are near a suspension for any of our players. They have been very disciplined this season. I think Davies with two yellows has recieved the most cards. I may be wrong but I don’t think anyone else has two. Good going this far into the season. Injuries are inevitable but suspensions like the one for McConville are to be avoided whenever possible. Maybe Doyle’s influence at play again. For such a narky player, he never gets himself suspended these days. If he recieved a yellow in a game, he makes sure he is no where near another one. If he is a booking away from suspension, he makes sure he stays clear of trouble until the threshold date has passed. A clever player in this way.

Yeah, we've been fairly clean as a side this year. Only 5 more games (4 league, 1 FA cup) to go until the cut off for 5 yellow cards passes (ie. if you get to 5 after then you won't get suspended). Kelly, Davies and Thomas are joint leaders with 2 yellows, hopefully all should avoid suspensions.

chiefdave

Makes me worry about future attendances.
Said before I'm not convinved by this idea that if we get back to the Prem the Ricoh will be packed every week. Watch MOTD and there's plenty of empty seats.

Of course it would be full for Man Utd, Liverpool etc but a cold and wet Tuesday night against the likes of Huddersfield or Burnley - I'm not convinced.

Liquid Gold

Said before I'm not convinved by this idea that if we get back to the Prem the Ricoh will be packed every week. Watch MOTD and there's plenty of empty seats.

Of course it would be full for Man Utd, Liverpool etc but a cold and wet Tuesday night against the likes of Huddersfield or Burnley - I'm not convinced.
I'd be fucked if we were in the prem as the change in times for TV kick offs would make it a nightmare.

Users who are viewing this thread