Match Thread Coventry City vs. Accrington Stanley Match Thread - Saturday 3rd Nov (1 Viewer)

torchomatic

I can't see six in a row but then again I couldn't see five. We need to make up for the shocking display last year in front of a near full house.

ccfc_Tom

Best team i saw us play last season and it looks like they have improved since then. Think we will lose. Same team that started the doncaster game. 2-1 accrington

skyblueelephant76

Interestingly we are only likely to have 2 players (Willis and Bayliss) starting on Saturday that started the 2-0 defeat to them in Feb. I think it will be a very different game this time around, 2-1 win.

Mr Panda

I think the run might come to an end on Saturday but the team we have now is miles better than the team that started the 2-0 defeat. I've just looked at it now and you have Kelly-Evans at RB, Maguire-Drew at RM and no Doyle.

It should be more of a competition this time.

Yorkshire SB

Really tough fixture, against a good side who are playing well. They're coming off the back of a hard run of fixtures, so they'll be on form, but potentially tiring.
I'd hope bringing someone like Jones off the bench against tired legs can make the difference.

Londonccfcfan

Fancy us to do them this year.

We were unlucky at their place not to get a draw. Completely dominated the second half. And at home return fixture we were just not at the races players actually looked ill!

Expecting a hard fought tight 1 nil win.

11000, with 85 accrington fans.

Nick

Administrator
I think if we put Davies on Kee we will do better.

The home game their tactic was just put it on his head and have runners, somehow he seemed to win most headers.

standupforcity

Fancy us to do them this year.

We were unlucky at their place not to get a draw. Completely dominated the second half. And at home return fixture we were just not at the races players actually looked ill!

Expecting a hard fought tight 1 nil win.

11000, with 85 accrington fans.

Yes wasn't it the home game where our squad was struck down with the dreaded Lurgi?!!

Gibbo

Davies to get the better of Kee, even so 1-0 to Stanley. We have reached the point where the players will be starting to tense up about the winning run

Paxman II

It should not be a problem if we are all fit and play with the same intensity as the first half last week. The problem we exposed was we turned off that intensity the second half and Donny came at us. We were lucky to get away with it. So others will try and emulate that against us. We must be on our game and remain in attacking mode. Do that and the chances will come and we will score.

2-0

Mcbean

We generally turn up now against the good clubs bar a refereeing error ( insert copious) , senior management in the dugout ( wild card pick of the day) or players having too much red bull the night before ( Bristol)

Nailed on win !

larry_david

The away game we dominated without creating chances. Kelly was injured and Stevenson started and did fuck all. We had a pen turned down and their keeper looked at us like 'how was that not given'

Home game everyone was ill. Bayliss was so fucked he passed it straight out of play about 4 times and went off soon after.

Let's do them

Disgruntled Sky Blue

Surely we can't be as bad as we were last season? My recollection was Stanley scoring two goals and keeping the ball for the other 88mins - a real men against boys encounter in front of a near full house. I'm expecting another close encounter similar to Donny and hopefully the same result!
2:1

Marty

I think we'll lose this, they played us off the park twice last season. 3-0. Back to winning ways the following weekend.

higgs

Our games this season are all very close they could easily go either way. Let's enjoy the last few days of our winning streak expect the worst hope for the best

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Monkey Boy

McNulty was sexually assaulted in the area just before they scored. Should have been a pen. We stood there complaining, they went down the other end, the cross went through Willis legs and bang 1 nil. They were the better side that day and got away with loads of cynical stuff on top of it. Need to match them physically, move the ball quicker and have a stronger ref. Otherwise I fear a repeat.

no_loyalty

If we can avoid the sick bug that was floating around when we played them at home last season, I think we will smash them like Luton did.

Users who are viewing this thread