Match Thread Coventry City - Stoke City Match Thread - Saturday 6th Jan (1 Viewer)

johnwillomagic

Think we will line up as follows - have no idea how this will go make Stoke favourites as think they will pick strong team as Hughes desperately needs a win.

Burge GK
Grimmer RB
Stokes LB
Willis CB
Davies CB
Doyle CM
Bayliss CM
McNulty ATT
Shipley ATT
DKE ATTk,
Biamou ST

Subs: O'Brien, Haynes, MacDonald, Stevenson, Maycock, Morgan-Drew, Ponticelli

SlowerThanPlatt

Really looking forward to this, should be a great atmosphere. City need to get at them from the get go, an early goal and I reckon it could get nasty in the Stoke end with their feelings towards their team and Hughes already

Gazolba

My predictions: 1-1 draw. Someone gets injured and is out for the season. Biamou doesn't score. Ponticelli comes on at 85 minutes.

Hobo

My predictions: 1-1 draw. Someone gets injured and is out for the season. Biamou doesn't score. Ponticelli comes on at 85 minutes.

Strachan left years ago. Robins tends to give subs a more acceptable 20 minutes.

W

westcountry_skyblue

Cant make today as its my lads birthday and we had pre arranged a day out,Have a good day to all that are going and hope to see a few of you next week in the Exeter end!! PUSB.My prediction is 1-1

Nick

Administrator
This is the team they put out the last game:

• 1Butland
  • 42Edwards
  • 6Zouma
  • 5WimmerBooked at 66mins
  • 3PietersBerahino
  • 4AllenBooked at 54mins
  • 20Cameron
  • 16Adam
  • 22ShaqiriDiouf
  • 25Crouch
  • 10Choupo-MotingBooked at 60mins
Would be good to see Doyle winding up Allen a little bit.

steve82

I think stoke will generate a good atmosphere even if it is them protesting and if they lose or play poor and scrape a draw I can see a bit of trouble today.

Plenty of old bill about today I'm guessing

Brighton Sky Blue

Would expect a 3 league gap to be too much today, unless they have the worst game of their lives. Performance matters more than result I think. Watching Hughes' pre-match conference he seems desperate for a win so I imagine is going to go strong.

Great_Expectations

Quite excited for today now it is here. The atmosphere should be one of the best for a while and if we can at least stop then scoring for 70/80 minutes or even better score ourselves, it’ll be electric.

As I posted previously, if we score first then we have a really strong possibility of winning, as there confidence must already be low.

Doyle will be pivotal today. He is by far our most experienced player and will need to ensure our relatively young and inexperienced team a) don’t shrink due to the occasion and b) don’t lose their heads.

1-0 to us, Bayliss with a through ball to a perfectly timed McNulty run.

Otis

Would expect a 3 league gap to be too much today, unless they have the worst game of their lives. Performance matters more than result I think. Watching Hughes' pre-match conference he seems desperate for a win so I imagine is going to go strong.
I don't see that they have to have the worst game of their lives, BSB, just a bit of an off day. That may well be enough.

Look at Spurs v Wycombe only last season. 4-3 Spurs and a very closely contested game.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Anyone else get the feeling that Michael Doyle may well get sent off today?

Just think he will go flying in and try and annoy the hell out of them all game.

Remember the PL is non contact so PL team and ref this is highly likely to happen.

First half red and a heavy defeat I think (be like the WBA 5-0defeat all over!)

Marty

Don't care about this game, Would be nice to win and draw a big team in the next round, but we need to remain focused on the league.

2-0 loss today.

Greggs

Wish it was a league game today, can't get excited for these novelty matches!

Johnnythespider

I'm going to enjoy the day and the larger than average crowd, as for the game I'm struggling to see a positive result for us and think we will lose by 2 or 3. It's all about the league.
P.S I hope I'm wrong.

Londonccfcfan

On paper we don’t chance in hell. Keep it tight for first 15 mins and the away contingent will get very grumpy, get on their players backs, pressure will mount minute by minute.

Marty

The state of the pitch will come into it I think.

covcity4life

Well 13k still be welcome boost to the coffers and atmosphere hopefully

You xan guarantee if we win ans draw man utd at hkme next round noone will care about ticket prices thoigh

Users who are viewing this thread