Match Thread Coventry City - Stoke City Match Thread - Saturday 6th Jan (1 Viewer)

Londonccfcfan

This will also be a real attendance figure unlike our league attendances which show 6500/7000 home fans have bought a ticket but actually theres in reality only 5/6 k there from missing season ticket holders.

clint van damme

I hope we finish the game without adding to the injury list. After that I couldn't really care what happens which is a sad indictment of what has happened to the FA Cup.

pusbccfc

I think to sell 5500 home tickets at that price at this time of the year is fantastic still 3/4 days to go.

Considering we didnt even get 2000 home fans for previous rounds at half the price.

I still think we will get our biggest gate of the season.
4k Stoke and possibly 8k cov fans which will make for tremendous atmosphere.

Atmosphere will be terrible. Borderline embarrassing when we are outsung.

wingy

According to Clive last night the Club forecast is for 14K.
So if any number crunchers wish, it may offer the oportunity to evaluate the logic around pricing, which I'm sure will be based on maximising income over anything else.

pusbccfc

According to Clive last night the Club forecast is for 14K.
So if any number crunchers wish, it may offer the oportunity to evaluate the logic around pricing, which I'm sure will be based on maximising income over anything else.

For once can they not treat the loyal fans who go home and away to a cheaper ticket? This isn't a game they would have expected to have at the start of the season, it's a bonus.

You would probably need to sell about 20k to make the money over an 8k crowd, but that's not the point.

It should be about getting people back up the Ricoh and supporting the young lads for once. With where we are in the league, crowds are below what they could be and cheap tickets on Saturday could have got some part-timers back into it.

I bet the players are expecting a big crowd Saturday, they'll be incredibly disappointed when there are the same number of Coventry fans as against Chesterfield.

steve82

Looking forward to this now, a win would be nice but I'm not fussed either way with the length the injury list is getting to, a clean bill of health is the most important Saturday.

Plus we've a good away day penned in for the 4th round weekend at Wycombe and hopefully another big 3pts

Nick

Administrator
For once can they not treat the loyal fans who go home and away to a cheaper ticket? This isn't a game they would have expected to have at the start of the season, it's a bonus.

You would probably need to sell about 20k to make the money over an 8k crowd, but that's not the point.

It should be about getting people back up the Ricoh and supporting the young lads for once. With where we are in the league, crowds are below what they could be and cheap tickets on Saturday could have got some part-timers back into it.

I bet the players are expecting a big crowd Saturday, they'll be incredibly disappointed when there are the same number of Coventry fans as against Chesterfield.

The thing is though, if people are outraged at paying £23 - £25 to play against Stoke and would go if it was cheaper then why would they be going back against Swindon for the same price? If it was about price why wasn't it rammed in the last round for £13?

The ticket pricing thing has been whipped up again, outrage pushed about a standard ticket price.

pusbccfc

The thing is though, if people are outraged at paying £23 - £25 to play against Stoke and would go if it was cheaper then why would they be going back against Swindon for the same price? If it was about price why wasn't it rammed in the last round for £13?

The ticket pricing thing has been whipped up again, outrage pushed about a standard ticket price.

I do agree, but the club could have given it a shot. So far this season they have done almost nothing to get fans in the stadium.

I do agree though that once again fans are using the ticket price as a way of not going. It's a poor excuse. I bet most of those people will be sat in the pub spending more than that on pints.

Nick

Administrator
I do agree, but the club could have given it a shot. So far this season they have done almost nothing to get fans in the stadium.

I do agree though that once again fans are using the ticket price as a way of not going. It's a poor excuse. I bet most of those people will be sat in the pub spending more than that on pints.

I would agree it could have been an offer for people who have match packages, STs and have been to x away games but then there still would have been outrage like when they did the cheap ticket offers for ST holder's friends and family.

Warwickhunt

The thing is though, if people paying £23 - £25 to play against Stoke and would go if it was cheaper then why would they be going back against Swindon for the same price? If it was about price why wasn't it rammed in the last round for £13?

Stoke would also have to agree with a price reduction and the Premiership greed probaby kicks in☺

Ashdown

You just don't get it do you !

Ashdown

Or perhaps instead of paying £52 for me and the missus to watch City get smashed { hope that's not true of course but likely } or £30 to watch Cov rugby try and go 16 wins out of 16 ?!

Nick

Administrator
You just don't get it do you !

Get what? That you have said you won't give any money to the club and went to a couple of games because you had freebies but you are outraged about the price? The same as when you go on social media and all the outrage from people like PSB Group who push boycotts anyway?

Ashdown

Get what? That you have said you won't give any money to the club and went to a couple of games because you had freebies but you are outraged about the price? The same as when you go on social media and all the outrage from people like PSB Group who push boycotts anyway?
I see 'Outrage/d' has replaced 'frothing' as your new description of anyone who defiles your beloved SISU now !
The club had a chance to launch a big marketing exercise with this match, that may have brought a good number of fans back to the Ricoh, fans who may have come to the next home match, bought stuff for the kids etc but of course they went the short term smash and grab route as usual. Never mind there will be a new court date coming up anytime soon to focus on !

Londonccfcfan

This is also the live game on BBC five live extra.

I'm sure we get something in our coffers for a live game on nationwide radio?

wingy

Who's outraged?
Stop using hyperbole to exagerate others feelings.
Economically it's overpriced be that this game or through the season.
It isn't VFM, I could argue the discount for ST's is too high and it is in relation to match day roughly a Third for my old seat.
You will come back with buy an ST or match package, did that last year and did'nt go from MK onwards.

Nick

Administrator
I see 'Outrage/d' has replaced 'frothing' as your new description of anyone who defiles your beloved SISU now !
The club had a chance to launch a big marketing exercise with this match, that may have brought a good number of fans back to the Ricoh, fans who may have come to the next home match, bought stuff for the kids etc but of course they went the short term smash and grab route as usual. Never mind there will be a new court date coming up anytime soon to focus on !

You are missing the point, if they drop the price for this why would they come back to the next home game that would be against a League 2 side and more expensive? That's what I am trying to get at.

The same at Gillingham and other games where there's been an offer on pricing then back to full price.

Nick

Administrator
Who's outraged?
Stop using hyperbole to exagerate others feelings.

There's plenty of outrage, have a look at some posts on here and social media.

If you didn't go when you had already paid it again proves it was nothing to do with the price.

Have been over it already, I agree pricing is an issue in English football from top to bottom. It won't get addressed because it goes back to the higher levels etc :(

covcity4life

But surely that means he wont want to lose so will play first 11?
Eithrt he plays best team and ee get to see some stars st rixoh like shawiri allen chupa moting crouch etc

Or he rests for next.prem must win game anf wr win!

Or we best his best side as they all nervous!

Win win win!!!

Nick

Administrator
Eithrt he plays best team and ee get to see some stars st rixoh like shawiri allen chupa moting crouch etc

Or he rests for next.prem must win game anf wr win!

Or we best his best side as they all nervous!

Win win win!!!

You would think him coming here and losing to us would be a bit of a bigger nail in his coffin than losing the next league game. I could be wrong but he will want to hammer us to take a bit of pressure off.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

If a game against a premier league team is not selling well then you have to ask yourself why that is.

'Standard ticket prices' don't really work for a disillusioned fan base. Maybe if we were Wolves and top of the Championship then yes, but not CCFC after the last 5 years, and now fighting to get out of L2.

The club should have just done everything in their power to get drifting fans back and hooked in time for a second half of the season promotion push. To argue against that is frankly ridiculous.

Nick

Administrator
If a game against a premier league team is not selling well then you have to ask yourself why that is.

'Standard ticket prices' don't really work for a disillusioned fan base. Maybe if we were Wolves and top of the Championship then yes, but not CCFC after the last 5 years, and now fighting to get out of L2.

The club should have just done everything in their power to get drifting fans back and hooked in time for a second half of the season promotion push. To argue against that is frankly ridiculous.

It's not arguing against it, it's just pointing out if people won't go to watch CCFC against Stoke for £22 / £24 then they aren't going to watch them play Swindon for the same are they?

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

It's not arguing against it, it's just pointing out if people won't go to watch CCFC against Stoke for £22 / £24 then they aren't going to watch them play Swindon for the same are they?

No, they're not.

They don't want to watch CCFC at all, they have given up mate.

My point is (aside from the average ticket being too expensive anyway), that fans have abandoned the club in their thousands and it's going to be hard to get a lot of them back. The destruction that has been done to the fan base is possibly not undo-able anymore. Along with Wasps in the frame, the club need to do everything in their power to get bums on seats, especially with a promotion fight coming on. It could shape us next season if we get back into L1.

The club have fucked an open goal of a chance.

Nick

Administrator
No, they're not.

They don't want to watch CCFC at all, they have given up mate.

My point is (aside from the average ticket being too expensive anyway), that fans have abandoned the club in their thousands and it's going to be hard to get a lot of them back. The destruction that has been done to the fan base is possibly not undo-able anymore. Along with Wasps in the frame, the club need to do everything in their power to get bums on seats, especially with a promotion fight coming on. It could shape us next season if we get back into L1.

The club have fucked an open goal of a chance.

There was never any suggestion of cheaper tickets before it apart from everybody assuming.

If they don't want to watch, then the whole get fans on board by giving cheaper tickets against Stoke doesn't work does it if they aren't going to go back until the next time we get a Premier League team and drop the ticket prices.

If we hadn't seen it over and over where people don't return (look at Gillingham for example) then it would probably make more sense.

If it's all about price to watch CCFC then go to the Boreham Wood game, then it becomes opposition and price, then it becomes car parking too expensive, ticket price and opposition.

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

I've genuinely been shocked by the amount of uproar there has been over ticket pricing. It's £23 with booking fee. £23 to watch Forest Green or £23 to watch us play against the big boys. It would be a sell out if it were United, Chelsea regardless of cost. Stoke have some quality players and its a chance for us to potentially (although unlikely) cause an upset. If I heard Notts County were charging the same, I wouldnt think they were being ripped off at all. People are looking for an excuse not to go, that's fine, but that's what it is, it's not ridiculous pricing.

Users who are viewing this thread