Match Thread Coventry City at Forest Green Rovers Match Thread - Saturday 3rd Feb (1 Viewer)

letsallsingtogether

I couldn’t get a ticket for today and had no idea that abuse like that was being shouted, no place for that and makes you look a dickhead. What was actually shouted/chanted and was it by one or two people or more? Was the Stone Island brigade out?

I do blame sisu for most of our off the field troubles and I’m apprehensive about turning on anyone that wants to protest or vent their anger at sisu - but you’re right that doesn’t give you a free licence to shout what you want, a Forest Green Rovers defender isn’t to blame for our demise anyway, neither is one defeat.
They shouted Fuck off fuck off you foreign Bitch.
Then sang something like, we voted out so fuck off.
Sorry but can't just stand there with your ears closed and say nothing, they were also smoking and refusing to put them out ( I am a smoker btw), no need for it, they stank of booze that is what fueled it doubt they would be brave enough to do it if they were sober.

clint van damme

I was part of the group that walked away there were 5 of us 3 men and 2 women.
One of the girls got crushed against the barrier, and bruised her ribs she wanted to go home, luckily the stewards put her and her husband into the home end to watch the game were asked to cover up their colours.

These supporters are known to me so words will be exchanged about their behavior, and bad attitude.

I saw something going on in towards the centre of the terrace, we were towards the end near the food bar. Sounds like this bunch were absolute arseholes.
Not that it's acceptable anywhere but we were treated very well by all the locals we came in contact with so doubly embarrassing.

clint van damme

They shouted Fuck off fuck off you foreign Bitch.
Then sang something like, we voted out so fuck off.
Sorry but can't just stand there with your ears closed and say nothing, they were also smoking and refusing to put them out ( I am a smoker btw), no need for it, they stank of booze that is what fueled it doubt they would be brave enough to do it if they were sober.

fucks sake, morons.

Grendel

[QUOTE="Nick, post: 1476866, why were they hugging? .[/QUOTE]

Either eurotrash or Gay?

Grendel

I was really looking forward to the Forest green trip and some of their fans were thoroughly decent people. A small village club on the up but for what’s essentially a publicity exercise for a green energy company their fans singing “you let your club die” was really poor. I hope they get relegated.

Forest Green Rovers have been in existence since the 19th century. They have been st the ground for 90 years.

Why should their fans give us respect? I recall at the Ricoh certain individuals waiving pies at them chanting “we have fucking meat”

This arrogance our fans portray at these so called smaller clubs (even those whove done the double over us) is mind blowing.

letsallsingtogether

I saw something going on in towards the centre of the terrace, we were towards the end near the food bar. Sounds like this bunch were absolute arseholes.
Not that it's acceptable anywhere but we were treated very well by all the locals we came in contact with so doubly embarrassing.
We were just to the right of the entrance at the front.

cloughie

Forest Green Rovers have been in existence since the 19th century. They have been st the ground for 90 years.

Why should their fans give us respect? I recall at the Ricoh certain individuals waiving pies at them chanting “we have fucking meat”

This arrogance our fans portray at these so called smaller clubs (even those whove done the double over us) is mind blowing.

Almost as mind blowing as your own arrogance

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

That's disgraceful and also incredibly dumb and nonsensical chant.

Were they reported at all?

The club should be written to and warned about these old coffin dodgers that think having a Season Ticket means they’re above everyone and the law. They’ll be the first to damn all the under 30s for beer chucking etc. There’s no need to bring politics or racism into a young female steward doing her job.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

The club should be written to and warned about these old coffin dodgers that think having a Season Ticket means they’re above everyone and the law. They’ll be the first to damn all the under 30s for beer chucking etc. There’s no need to bring politics or racism into a young female steward doing her job.
I'm 62 and a season ticket holder and was one of the 5 and I was the one who took exception to the idiots behind me and your point is?

torchomatic

Were they reported at all?

There was a young steward in front of us - late teens probably. He heard all the homophobic stuff, faggot, ers but he said and did nothing. Don't blame him as he was outnumbered by these pricks. All those around me didn't do anything either, including me. For the same reason. I did tell my lad to stand at the front by the pitch, which he did.

They were also calling FGR players "cunts", etc. I don't think I have been so ashamed to be a City fan for a long, long time.

Otis

There was a young steward in front of us - late teens probably. He heard all the homophobic stuff, faggot, ers but he said and did nothing. Don't blame him as he was outnumbered by these pricks. All those around me didn't do anything either, including me. For the same reason. I did tell my lad to stand at the front by the pitch, which he did.

They were also calling FGR players "cunts", etc. I don't think I have been so ashamed to be a City fan for a long, long time.
Wonder if it might be an idea to arm stewards with GoPro cameras. They would have clear evidence then and footage could be passed on to the away team's club for them to investigate.

ccfcway

that's dreadful behaviour. Is it me or is there a VERY simple way around this ?

Give stewards the opportunity to text a number with their location when they hear or see behaviour that is deemed inappropriate (and fans as well if needs be) When they text the number its the cue for plain clothes police to arrive anonymously into the crowd as close to the issue as possible.

When they see / hear the behaviour, they arrest them.

Adge

To be honest I wouldn’t be getting involved if I was a Steward for minimum wage. Can’t see why they can’t report it to the Police though?

JimmyHillsbeard

I was really looking forward to the Forest green trip and some of their fans were thoroughly decent people. A small village club on the up but for what’s essentially a publicity exercise for a green energy company their fans singing “you let your club die” was really poor. I hope they get relegated.

They actually chanted “You Sisu bastards/ you let your club die”

I didn’t really understand the point they were trying to make although their other chant “From Premier League to Forest Green” did strike a chord.

Our fans responded with “we’ll never play you again” and “ you can stick your vegan pasties up your arse” (although there was a small rejoinder to this when someone pointed out that the veggie Samosas were pretty agreeable).

Nick

Administrator
Never understood getting upset at chants (obviously bar racist etc).

If we played somebody and their fans were ripping the piss and we won it would be delightful to laugh at them.

letsallsingtogether

They actually chanted “You Sisu bastards/ you let your club die”

I didn’t really understand the point they were trying to make although their other chant “From Premier League to Forest Green” did strike a chord.

Our fans responded with “we’ll never play you again” and “ you can stick your vegan pasties up your arse” (although there was a small rejoinder to this when someone pointed out that the veggie Samosas were pretty agreeable).
Tbf on the vegan front a few of their fans we spoke to were not that happy with it, said they were not happy with being told what they should and shouldn't eat.

ccfcway

Tbf on the vegan front a few of their fans we spoke to were not that happy with it, said they were not happy with being told what they should and shouldn't eat.

I would like to take a pint to my seat and enjoy the game (like I can at the rugby or ice hockey) . I would also like to have a decent sandwich or sub to enjoy with it. Neither can I do, so not sure why people are so annoyed that they cant get a pie of choice in a 15 min period

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

I would like to take a pint to my seat and enjoy the game (like I can at the rugby or ice hockey) . I would also like to have a decent sandwich or sub to enjoy with it. Neither can I do, so not sure why people are so annoyed that they cant get a pie of choice in a 15 min period
Can't answer for their fans

oscillatewildly

I was disappointed with our (positive) vocal contribution y'day. I tried on numerous occasions to get a chant going but it largely fell on deaf ears. My people, you need to trust me - I CAN be our leader!
As for the reported stuff, I won't pretend indignant outrage at the "Gay boy" chant but it did both surprise and leave me feeling a little heavy hearted that even in the year 2018 some people just don't 'get it'. The 'effing and 'c'ing' of some (mainly) younger supporters is about inline with their plankton standard IQ. Nothing wrong in 'cat calling' opposition players but try injecting a little original humour into it without the extreme profanity, eh? I didn't have first hand view of the female Polish steward incident.
One incident which I'm surprised hasn't been previously recounted (given it's audible delivery) was that of a male steward - One of our female supporters (early to mid 20's in age and of a slightly 'heavy' build) had been given special dispensation to stand in the yellow chevroned gangway (roughly in line with the 18yd line of left hand goal) owing to a foot injury. Some of our supporters, clearly in (mocking) reference to previous stewards requests then started chanting - "You can't stand in the yellow zone, you can't stand in the yellow zone".
The steward (late 20's/early 30's, stubble, glasses and with oriental type scripture tattooed on neck) then shouted up the terrace - "It's OK lads, she needs the extra space to get her fat arse through".
I asked him if they do diversity courses in the Cotswolds. He laughed and walked off.
The young lass clearly upset and embarrassed by his comment muttered "Fucking arsehole". Hers was the most accurate comment during the whole game.

Liquid Gold

I was disappointed with our (positive) vocal contribution y'day. I tried on numerous occasions to get a chant going but it largely fell on deaf ears. My people, you need to trust me - I CAN be our leader!
As for the reported stuff, I won't pretend indignant outrage at the "Gay boy" chant but it did both surprise and leave me feeling a little heavy hearted that even in the year 2018 some people just don't 'get it'. The 'effing and 'c'ing' of some (mainly) younger supporters is about inline with their plankton standard IQ. Nothing wrong in 'cat calling' opposition players but try injecting a little original humour into it without the extreme profanity, eh? I didn't have first hand view of the female Polish steward incident.
One incident which I'm surprised hasn't been previously recounted (given it's audible delivery) was that of a male steward - One of our female supporters (early to mid 20's in age and of a slightly 'heavy' build) had been given special dispensation to stand in the yellow chevroned gangway (roughly in line with the 18yd line of left hand goal) owing to a foot injury. Some of our supporters, clearly in (mocking) reference to previous stewards requests then started chanting - "You can't stand in the yellow zone, you can't stand in the yellow zone".
The steward (late 20's/early 30's, stubble, glasses and with oriental type scripture tattooed on neck) then shouted up the terrace - "It's OK lads, she needs the extra space to get her fat arse through".
I asked him if they do diversity courses in the Cotswolds. He laughed and walked off.
The young lass clearly upset and embarrassed by his comment muttered "Fucking arsehole". Hers was the most accurate comment during the whole game.
There is never a good atmosphere in an open terrace, the noise just doesn't travel.

Tommo72

It does seem that we are talking about ‘incidents’ after most away games now.....doesn’t bode well with Brighton and Mansfield looming, two games of a higher risk I’d suggest.

Sick Boy

It does seem that we are talking about ‘incidents’ after most away games now.....doesn’t bode well with Brighton and Mansfield looming, two games of a higher risk I’d suggest.

There's a good chance of them being thrown out/arrested at Brighton.

Tommo72

There's a good chance of them being thrown out/arrested at Brighton.

Yeh deffo.....I’ve heard there may be the opportunity to have 6,000 tickets so plenty of weekend piss ups for groups no doubt....

Mansfield has potential for disorder for sure.

Sometimes I do feel the ‘We’re Coventry City, we do what we want’ attitude amongst fractions of our followings, big club mentality in a small club league?

Sick Boy

Yeh deffo.....I’ve heard there may be the opportunity to have 6,000 tickets so plenty of weekend piss ups for groups no doubt....

Mansfield has potential for disorder for sure.

Sometimes I do feel the ‘We’re Coventry City, we do what we want’ attitude amongst fractions of our followings, big club mentality in a small club league?

Yeah, I would have to agree with that and it's been going on since relegation to the Championship.

The bouncers down here don't mess around and you can end up being banned from pubs around the city centre if you misbehave too much.

After seeing the MK footage, some of the Brighton fans I work with seem to think we will end up causing trouble and don't understand how we weren't fined for the pitch invasions.

Tommo72

Yeah, I would have to agree with that and it's been going on since relegation to the Championship.

The bouncers down here don't mess around and you can end up being banned from pubs around the city centre if you misbehave too much.

The mind boggles.....big groups of lads will target this, new ground, never been to Brighton etc....

Sick Boy

The mind boggles.....big groups of lads will target this, new ground, never been to Brighton etc....

There's a potential flash point at Falmer station as well as thousands of fans are mixed together and whenever I've been it can get a little tense.

Tommo72

There's a potential flash point at Falmer station as well as thousands of fans are mixed together and whenever I've been it can get a little tense.

Yeh I’m giving this one a miss, not one for the kids I don’t think.

AFCCOVENTRY

If there are racist, homephobic etc chants coming from so called city fans then other fans have a responsibility to shut their gob shites and report them.

This isn't the fucking dark ages. These twats are nothing but scum. It has nothing to do with the football we play or Sisu. They are just low life trouble makers who think going away means you can get away with it.

I don't want our family club being ruined by these little shits.

Rant over...

Users who are viewing this thread