Match Thread Coventry City at Forest Green Rovers Match Thread - Saturday 3rd Feb (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Discuss the Coventry City at Forest Green Rovers match, tactics and predictions :)

torchomatic

Looking forward to this one a lot. Another ground to cross off the list, just hope it is dry. I'm going 2-0 to us. Don't care who scores.

torchomatic

You going to try a vegan burger and report back?

Nah, I don't ever have a burger. If they have hot dogs might give one of those a go.

Otis

One eye on their game tonight. You sort of hope the get smashed, but then we could do with Exeter dropping points.

Tough one. Maybe a draw.

Nick

Administrator
No place for pissing about, we need to get straight at them and not let them sit behind the ball. LAst game they had the bloke with the shiny head have a great game in front of the back 4.

Sky Blue Pete

Patterns can be broken like losing after a cup game in the first 3 rounds.

I’m thinking

Burge
Grimmer
Stokes
Willis
Davies
Doyle
Kelly
Bayliss
Shipley (wouldn’t be surprised to see Barrett though)
Max
McNulty

Bayliss right mid

Subs

O’Brien
Stevenson
Dion ke
Haynes
Mcdonald

Hard fought 2-1 win

Liquid Gold

It would be massive to get 3 points here as we're then on a run and it puts less pressure on the team with the fixtures we've got coming up over the next 6 weeks.

Otis

Patterns can be broken like losing after a cup game in the first 3 rounds.

I’m thinking

Burge
Grimmer
Stokes
Willis
Davies
Doyle
Kelly
Bayliss
Shipley (wouldn’t be surprised to see Barrett though)
Max
McNulty

Bayliss right mid

Subs

O’Brien
Stevenson
Dion ke
Haynes
Mcdonald

Hard fought 2-1 win
Bit of a gamble predicting Saturday's line-up on transfer deadline day, Pete.

Brighton Sky Blue

There's a reason why these guys are 2nd bottom-a lot of teams have beaten them. No reason why we can't do the same.

Esoterica

Shall we go a 0-1.

Likely a tight game this that I'm not confident of the win.

What a feeling it would be to win the game and take another 3 points. Shift in confidence and momentum will be huge. Could we finally hit a good run home and away.
We certainly need an upturn in away form if we are to challenge for the autos and I think a first half goal will be key but that is something we've only done 3 times in 14 away matches and have failed to score in 50% of our away matches.
I'll save the main FGR stats overview until tomorrow when they've played Exeter but they've won their last 2 at home while we've only scored 1 in 4 away (which was the defensive blunder at Carlisle).
I did dream last night though that we went unbeaten in the league for the rest of the season though. :) All the other teams around us have been on decent unbeaten streaks at some point but the best we've managed is 3 wins and a draw. Hoping we've saved ours for when it really matters. Notts County had 6 wins on the bounce. Wycombe are currently on a 4 game win streak. Luton had a 9 game and an 8 game unbeaten run. Mansfield have lost once in their last 16, Lincoln once in 10. Momentum at this point of the season will seal autos.

steve82

We certainly need an upturn in away form if we are to challenge for the autos and I think a first half goal will be key but that is something we've only done 3 times in 14 away matches and have failed to score in 50% of our away matches.
I'll save the main FGR stats overview until tomorrow when they've played Exeter but they've won their last 2 at home while we've only scored 1 in 4 away (which was the defensive blunder at Carlisle).
I did dream last night though that we went unbeaten in the league for the rest of the season though. :) All the other teams around us have been on decent unbeaten streaks at some point but the best we've managed is 3 wins and a draw. Hoping we've saved ours for when it really matters. Notts County had 6 wins on the bounce. Wycombe are currently on a 4 game win streak. Luton had a 9 game and an 8 game unbeaten run. Mansfield have lost once in their last 16, Lincoln once in 10. Momentum at this point of the season will seal autos.

I agree, from here on in is where you want your run to happen. It's where you finish that's important not where you were all season.

Ask Doncaster!!

Warwickhunt

We need this one to give us 3 league game wins on the bounce as we have not achieved that this season it's either 2 win and a draw or a loss. Which is proved by fact that only 2 points covers 2nd to 7th in this pernicious league

clint van damme

i doubt that. it means 3 of the teams we play will have lost too. as a worst case scenario 3 wins out of 6 after FGR will keep us right in promotion hunt.

I think there will be teams who put consistent runs together and we need to be one of them.
Probably wrong to say 3 wins 3 losses will see us out of the play offs but it could.

Mcbean

I think the team although knackered will be looking forward to this - get revenge for the home game - it will be full and the 1000 special ones will be of the noisy variety - not sure about the pitch but not having 30 elephants playing on every two weeks should be no worse !

Users who are viewing this thread