Match Thread Coventry City at Forest Green Rovers Match Thread - Saturday 3rd Feb (1 Viewer)

Tommo72

If there are racist, homephobic etc chants coming from so called city fans then other fans have a responsibility to shut their gob shites and report them.

This isn't the fucking dark ages. These twats are nothing but scum. It has nothing to do with the football we play or Sisu. They are just low life trouble makers who think going away means you can get away with it.

I don't want our family club being ruined by these little shits.

Rant over...

I have to say I was a bit surprised at the mix of fans on Saturday considering the tickets didn’t reach general sale...genuinely felt like a mini extension of Mk Away.

Culture, banter, sticking up for your own etc but not comments from the 80’s and getting into fights etc with other City fans...

eastwoodsdustman

I have to say I was a bit surprised at the mix of fans on Saturday considering the tickets didn’t reach general sale...genuinely felt like a mini extension of Mk Away.

Culture, banter, sticking up for your own etc but not comments from the 80’s and getting into fights etc with other City fans...

Sadly there is a fair few who go and get hammered and make knobs of themselves. Thankfully I never saw the horrible and antagonistic edge on Saturday that raises it head at certain games, Chesterfield and MK spring to mind this season as two of them.

Tommo72

Sadly there is a fair few who go and get hammered and make knobs of themselves. Thankfully I never saw the horrible and antagonistic edge on Saturday that raises it head at certain games, Chesterfield and MK spring to mind this season as two of them.

Yep I was at Chesterfield too...

torchomatic

If there are racist, homephobic etc chants coming from so called city fans then other fans have a responsibility to shut their gob shites and report them.

This isn't the fucking dark ages. These twats are nothing but scum. It has nothing to do with the football we play or Sisu. They are just low life trouble makers who think going away means you can get away with it.

I don't want our family club being ruined by these little shits.

Rant over...

Easier said and done when you're surrounded by them and you have a kid with you.

These people WILL ruin our reputation. Simple as that.

Tommo72

Easier said and done when you're surrounded by them and you have a kid with you.

These people WILL ruin our reputation. Simple as that.

It’s hard when you have your kids with you...my lad is 13 and he heard lots of unsavoury shit on Saturday and yes he’s heard it plenty of times....but some people when they’ve had a drink just go to a different level.

He’s a smart kid, he looks at me and rolls his eyes and never repeats and where possible I will protect him and move away etc....

We choose to go to away games and you expect a different mix etc, it’s always been the same...but the inflated egos seem to be on the rise that’s for sure.

Last edited:

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

I'm (selfishly) glad I missed out on what Torch and a few others had to endure on Saturday, but sadly it doesn't surprise me anymore as it seems to be getting worse and worse. Not as bad as the racism or homophobic abuse mentioned earlier, but there was one neanderthal who first kicked off with Doyle, who reacted to him, and then gave Burge untold amounts of abuse as he handed his gloves over to a little kid. Some lad called him out for it & then he went into full denial mode. I understand people getting angry and frustrated, not one person who went on Saturday would have left the ground anything other than pissed off, but people need to learn to control their tempers. I don't get what people think abusing their own players will bring positively to the team?

steve82

It’s hard when you have your kids with you...my lad is 13 and he heard lots of unsavoury shit on Saturday and yes he’s heard it plenty of times....but some people when they’ve had a drink just go to a different level.

He’s a smart kid, he looks at me and rolls his eyes and never repeats and where possible I will protect him and move away etc....

We choose to go to away games and you expect a different mix etc, it’s always been the same...but the inflated egos seems to be on the rise that’s for sure.

Me and my son are exactly the same, there's been times this season that's taken him back in what he's heard. It's embarrassing at times.

It's making me think twice about Mansfield for sure, it's all the ingredients to be very toxic that day.

Unfortunately it's shouldn't be this way but it is currently and as a parent I have to decide this way.

torchomatic

We choose to go to away games and you expect a different mix etc, it’s always been the same...but the inflated egos seems to be on the rise that’s for sure.

It seems to be getting worse. I've not known it this bad in all the years I've been going. It didn't even seem this bad in the 80's and 90's. Maybe I was just unlucky who I stood by on Saturday.

Tommo72

Me and my son are exactly the same, there's been times this season that's taken him back in what he's heard. It's embarrassing at times.

It's making me think twice about Mansfield for sure, it's all the ingredients to be very toxic that day.

Unfortunately it's shouldn't be this way but it is currently and as a parent I have to decide this way.

I’ve just purchased my Mansfield tickets...you’re right, It’s hard but I’m not gonna allow him to lose out because of the idiots and or the uneducated etc.

I’ll go by train and we will have a good day, even if it does make me a bit anxious at times.

torchomatic

I wouldn't dream of taking mine to an away game, sadly.

I think you're right. However, it's a shame kids have to miss out due to the moronic, but vocal, minority. My lad is 11 so he probably doesn't hear any swear words he hasn't heard before, but Saturday was relentless from the off. Calling their players "faggots" and "cunts", etc constantly. My lad stood at the front by the advertising hording and was pretty engrossed in the game as he always is, so hopefully he missed a lot of the abuse thrown around, but really it was pretty unacceptable behaviour on Saturday. They weren't all young either, some were in their 40s/50s.

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

It seems to be getting worse. I've not known it this bad in all the years I've been going. It didn't even seem this bad in the 80's and 90's. Maybe I was just unlucky who I stood by on Saturday.

Surely that’s a bit OTT?

The club should advise for Brighton which blocks (preferably to the side) should be picked for fans that want to avoid the bottles and flares. The rest can then be a free for all the morons.

torchomatic

Surely that’s a bit OTT?

The club should advise for Brighton which blocks (preferably to the side) should be picked for fans that want to avoid the bottles and flares. The rest can then be a free for all the morons.

What's OTT? I do think it is getting worse. Like I said I might just be unlucky with where I was on Saturday.

Nick

Administrator
Surely that’s a bit OTT?

Yes, because it's normal to have designated areas to sit where you won't get beer bottles thrown at you by fellow fans.

Tommo72

I’m in my 40’s now and yeh in my twenties I wore Stone Island, CP Company (still do) etc and I had a few beers and got into the odd skirmish etc.....but we were still aware of who was around us etc and if one of the lads stepped out of line someone would pull him back, whether it was Cov or the oppo. I’m sure this still happens but it just seems worse at times, dunno...maybe I’m just getting old lol.

Liquid Gold

What's OTT? I do think it is getting worse. Like I said I might just be unlucky with where I was on Saturday.
Where were you? I'm pretty blind to bad language as mine isn't great by any stretch (sorry) but I didn't hear 'faggot' or things like that just very unfunny gay boy chants because the keeper was wearing pink and fans who can't disagree with one another without kicking off.

torchomatic

Where were you? I'm pretty blind to bad language as mine isn't great by any stretch (sorry) but I didn't hear 'faggot' or things like that just very unfunny gay boy chants because the keeper was wearing pink and fans who can't disagree with one another without kicking off.

Yeah, I heard the unfunny "gay boy" thing too, which I thought was childish if anything. Then a few were calling the goalie a faggot and then they started shouting at other players too, calling them the same thing. I was in the half we attacked in the second half, so where we scored the penalty. Just in front of a steward (in orange) who was about 17 years old.

And for the record, I have a good swear every now and then and my son is used to the odd "FFS" coming from my mouth, especially at refereeing decisions and mistakes by those in Sky Blue.

torchomatic

Yes, because it's normal to have designated areas to sit where you won't get beer bottles thrown at you by fellow fans.

He excused the bottle throwing at MK and excuses fans at FGR even though he didn't even go. The poor racist homophobic loves must be under "strain" because of SISU. They wouldn't act like that if we had good owners.

Nick

Administrator
He excused the bottle throwing at MK and excuses fans at FGR even though he didn't even go. The poor racist homophobic loves must be under "strain" because of SISU. They wouldn't act like that if we had good owners.

Yep, that's what is baffling.

I'd say LAST and BHSB are as anti SISU as possible but you don't hear them excusing that sort of shite.

I'd say these people are just thick as pig shit and think they can just say "it woz sisu" and people will think they are cool.

Tommo72

Yep, that's what is baffling.

I'd say LAST and BHSB are as anti SISU as possible but you don't hear them excusing that sort of shite.

I'd say these people are just thick as pig shit and think they can just say "it woz sisu" and people will think they are cool.

I was walking up the hill on Saturday and I could hear some of the less fortunate saying what a shit hole the local area was.....

Enough said.

eastwoodsdustman

Walking up to the ground a Minibus full of 50 something blokes was stuck in traffic up the hill. They opened the doors and were shouting abuse at everyone walking past. They were all steaming and assumed that they were the only Cov fans going as they were gobbing off at everyone.
As I walked out of the ground on Saturday, a lady steward was saying bye and thank you for coming to everyone as they left. An old boy around 70-80 I think said to her 'this place is a shithole and I'm not coming here again' fair play to her though, she just smiled him on his way.
These aren't kids these are supposedly older people in our community and I suppose are role models for the new generation of chavs coming through.

Liquid Gold

My experience of walking up the hill involved asking every FGR fan I passed how much further it was. I think I psyched myself up for it a bit much because it didn't seem that bad in the end.

clint van damme

I saw LASTs skirmish from a distance but apart from that I didn't see anything where I was. But that's little consolation if you're stuck next to the idiots.
And at least Saturday you could move away. You don't have that luxury when we're all seated.

If it was teenagers you to an extent give it a pass but reading some of the posts above it's depressing the ages of some of these cretins.

D

Deleted member 4439

The guy who abused the young steward was very proud he had been a season ticket holder for 50 seasons & I guess was in his 50s or 60s, he wasn’t a stone islander!
His beef with the girl was that she was one of ‘them’ and when asked to define what ‘them’ meant provided the explanation that ‘she was a forgeiner and he didn’t like them being in his country’.
He also turned on his friend who tried to defuse the situation and stop him attacking a fellow fan.
He got a couple of hugs from his own group when the other group moved away. I can only presume they were proud of his statements & actions ......
His party were also responsible for the gay boy in the pink chant .......
Lovely group but I very much doubt they will see wrong in their behaviour. Poor day for CCFC, I can forgive the players as poor performances are simply part of sport but this group of fans were a complete and utter embarrassment to the club we all follow.

Almost purposeful sounding off about lesbian pies, ladyboys. shouting at stokes to put his had up the attackers arse, constant use of the c word at Osbourne and aggressive abuse at the ref (f'ing T) etc). Ali in front of parents and kids. I guess thats the problem when you're in a narrow terrace altogether
They sound like Middle Aged losers.

Imagine being from Coventry and going to Nailsworth, which has a very small percentage of ethnic minorities, could probably count them on one hand and complaining about a foreign steward....

Surprised they would start the gay boy song, that’s a bit immature but I suppose if they’re congratulating someone on shouting abuse at a foreign girl that would be fitting for them. Middle aged losers looking to blame everyone under 30. Bet they would be the first to be outraged and moaning about young yobs if our away allocations were cut.
There was a young steward in front of us - late teens probably. He heard all the homophobic stuff, faggot, ers but he said and did nothing. Don't blame him as he was outnumbered by these pricks. All those around me didn't do anything either, including me. For the same reason. I did tell my lad to stand at the front by the pitch, which he did.

They were also calling FGR players "cunts", etc. I don't think I have been so ashamed to be a City fan for a long, long time.

Most of that came from a bloke who was standing next to me, just to the left of you, one step up.

How about the woman loudly talking about going for a vegan lesbian pie, to much gawfurring from large 40 year old blokes, or the guy shouting at one of the cov players to stick his fingers up the attackers arse?

Last edited by a moderator:

torchomatic

Almost purposeful sounding off about lesbian pies, ladyboys. shouting at stokes to put his had up the attackers arse, constant use of the c word at Osbourne and aggressive abuse at the ref (f'ing T) etc). Ali in front of parents and kids. I guess thats the problem when you're in a narrow terrace altogether

Most of that came from a bloke who was standing next to me, just to the left of you, one step up.

How about the woman loudly talking about going for a vegan lesbian pie, to much gawfurring from large 40 year old blokes, or the guy shouting at one of the cov plsyers to stick his fingers up the attackers arse?

Was she the blonde with glasses? There were two blokes who were the worse, one with his face covered a bit and a bloke with a grey hat on.

Legia Sky Blue

Being a season ticket holder doesn't preclude you from being a twat!!

shmmeee

Walking up to the ground a Minibus full of 50 something blokes was stuck in traffic up the hill. They opened the doors and were shouting abuse at everyone walking past. They were all steaming and assumed that they were the only Cov fans going as they were gobbing off at everyone.
As I walked out of the ground on Saturday, a lady steward was saying bye and thank you for coming to everyone as they left. An old boy around 70-80 I think said to her 'this place is a shithole and I'm not coming here again' fair play to her though, she just smiled him on his way.
These aren't kids these are supposedly older people in our community and I suppose are role models for the new generation of chavs coming through.

Lots of people hit 16 and stop growing up. Not sure age has much to do with it. Some say you stop growing at the age you leave education. Which makes me a very mature 36 so aim happy with that ;)

Adge

I'm (selfishly) glad I missed out on what Torch and a few others had to endure on Saturday, but sadly it doesn't surprise me anymore as it seems to be getting worse and worse. Not as bad as the racism or homophobic abuse mentioned earlier, but there was one neanderthal who first kicked off with Doyle, who reacted to him, and then gave Burge untold amounts of abuse as he handed his gloves over to a little kid. Some lad called him out for it & then he went into full denial mode. I understand people getting angry and frustrated, not one person who went on Saturday would have left the ground anything other than pissed off, but people need to learn to control their tempers. I don't get what people think abusing their own players will bring positively to the team?
Yes was right beside that aswell. I can understand the frustration and I was the same as everyone else about the result/performance. The majority just left without muttering a word and not even acknowledging the players-this being the best way to show your displeasure.

Grendel

Truly appalling behaviour. It’s just pathetic really. I’ve seen people abuse young staff at the Ricoh. I forgot my season ticket one game and some idiot was swearing at some young girl that he’d had to queue to get his ticket and it’s a fucking disgrace. He was some old git. I said to him how’d you feel if someone spoke to your daughter (or in your case grand daughter like that) - I got the obligatory fuck off c**t at me and politely told him let’s talk to the nice Mr Policeman a few yards away.

How people can be like that is beyond me.

Nick

Administrator
They would cry like babies if players said something back to them or if they got a slap off a steward and beg for compensation. You could guarantee they would be in the Telegraph showing a little bruise giving it loads if anything happened to them.

It's things like that Id have no issue with them being dragged out of games.

Users who are viewing this thread