Match Thread Coventry City at Forest Green Rovers Match Thread - Saturday 3rd Feb (1 Viewer)

torchomatic

Amusing chant from about these people around us "there's only five of you singing...five of you singing..." Twats.

Gazolba

The worst thing is the transfer window is closed so we can't sign the 20 goal a season striker that Robins now knows we need.
We already have him, Ponticelli - but he can't even get on the bench.
If he played every game, he'd get 20 goals easily.

LilleSkyBlue

The BBC report is kindly to us in both the write-up and shot statistics. It didn't feel that way watching it. It felt like the momentum was almost all one way. In the spirit of fairness, Forest Green were one of the better sides I have seen us face recently, along with Swindon.

My initial reaction was that our penalty was justified, though a real gift from Reuben Reid - a leg stuck out when he never needed to. But even then we never got going. Only Bayliss seemed to have any foothold in the game to speak of. FG's shamefully predictable timewasting and a couple of genuine injuries meant the whole agonising and inevitable drift towards defeat was drawn out, but we showed nothing to suggest we had a goal from open play in us.

It was the game against Yeovil (or Morecambe, or Accrington, or Mansfield, or Exeter) all over again. Falling behind (often to an error) and having no drive about us at all to chase the game. I thought Barrett was a square peg in a round hole - why is he playing rather than one of our own players? - and Clarke-Harris offered nothing new when he came on. This format of City performance is quite frequent and very frustrating. Is Robins powerless to make any difference once it sets in?

Kelly and Doyle together etc etc... dunno. But certainly McNulty wasn't the player he has been recently. And if the point of Kelly and Doyle is to be solid and aggressive, well, we were second to so many balls today.

Misery.

letsallsingtogether

Really did not enjoy this game it was like watching a sunday league game the terracing is to low and you are to close to the pitch and I'm sure there was more in that end then they announced it was rammed.
We were up against it from the off and never recovered from the goal just a game full of mistakes and bad passing and decisions, need to put this behind us and make sure it doesn't happen again or we will struggle.
Here's to Accrington and three points.

Otis

Really did not enjoy this game it was like watching a sunday league game the terracing is to low and you are to close to the pitch and I'm sure there was more in that end then they announced it was rammed.
We were up against it from the off and never recovered from the goal just a game full of mistakes and bad passing and decisions, need to put this behind us and make sure it doesn't happen again or we will struggle.
Here's to Accrington and three points.
Didn't we say we must make sure this doesn't happen again after Morecambe?

Tommo72

Probably the most bizarre football ground experience I’ve ever had and I’ve done over 60 grounds.

Literally felt like a village green with a few shacks around the outside, a tuckshop in the corner and a handful of village idiots behind each goal (and down our side).

I was expecting Mary Berry to turn up at half time and either start selling cakes or present Mark Robins with a Sky Blue gateau or something.....seriously, where were the Morris Dancers and market stalls? (Few outside actually)

All very different to the culture of a traditional football city.....

As for the dickheads, Jesus we seem to be multiplying the quantity by the coach load...

Grendel

Makes the Stanley game even more important. We simply have to win that game the put us in to a decent position for our tough run in. The team that was out today would struggle to make the playoffs, we need to be the team that turned up against Swindon and Cambridge to get autos.

Lol

pusbccfc

My least favourite away day that I can ever remember.

Tommo72

My least favourite away day that I can ever remember.

I have to agree with you, might be nice on a warm Summer’s evening etc with picnic blankets out and pork/pickle pies but on a cold wet dull day....not one to be rushing back to lol.

Be interested if anyone had a beer in Nailsworth down the bottom of the hill, looked rather civilised?

D

Deleted member 4439

I have to agree with you, might be nice on a warm Summer’s evening etc with picnic blankets out and pork/pickle pies but on a cold wet dull day....not one to be rushing back to lol.

Be interested if anyone had a beer in Nailsworth down the bottom of the hill, looked rather civilised?

Nice pub down there, the Britannia. Just had the one beer, due to time. The walk back up the hill was tough!

pusbccfc

Yeah, we did. Again, not the typical football pubs.

Nailsworth is a lovely village, but I'd hate to be so secluded from the rest of the world.

Tommo72

Fair play lads it looked like the never ending hill....ended up in Stroud, bit tin pot to be honest but didn’t get round properly so possibly a little unfair.

Londonccfcfan

FGR are decent team, they won’t get relegated, Dioge still looked a handful up front.

Their defence looked well organised today.

Hopefully they take a lot of points of our play off rivals.

In this league anyone can literally beat anyone.

Londonccfcfan

Who have beaten us twice this season.

Who also own their own ground. Better pitch. Have more money than us. Are financed with all rich chairman who loves the club.

They are are an excellent example of a well run club (achievement of reaching league 2) from nowhere.

They deserve to be where they are as we do. And don’t be surprised to see more development at the ground.

Their supporters seemed excellent imo. They clapped off Tom Davies when he got injured. They also did a anti sisu chant.

Well done FGR.

Manchester_sky_blue

Nailsworth is a great place to go for a pint. There's a pub called the Village Inn that has its own microbrewery and serves the best pies known to man.

oscillatewildly

Yes, we spent a couple of hours down there after parking in the school yard. None of us were looking forward to the trek back up but a kindly old lady advised a short cut via steps up through the woods. Steep but thankfully brief, it did indeed cut out a lot.
Some nice pubs, lovely little town.

rondog1973

Just seeing the replay for their second. Three players like moths to a flame drawn to their wide man who simply squares it leaving a player for a free shot on goal.

Sub Sunday league.

PVA

At u18 level maybe. No chance he would score that many at this level. He's a decent finisher bit his all round game isn't good enough, otherwise he'd be in the team. Do you really think Robins would leave him out the team if he was a 20 goal striker?! The fact he can't even make the squad tells you all you need to know.

Wolves_SkyBlue

Just got home from the match - my has already been said about the team's performance. Forest Green were far more up for it and deserved to win. Did hospitality and theirs is streets ahead than the Ricoh. The vegan dumpling stew was fantastic as was the rest of the Vegan Fayre. They were welcoming and friendly there. Jokingly asked to meet the CEO and we did. She came to our table and spent time with us chatting. Her name is Helen Taylor and she is lovely. I'm in love lol. I really do hope they stay up- they deserve to. Several other Sky Blue supporters apart from us were suitably impressed. FGR is now my second team. As for Sky Blues today ? Shit.
I did the same and thoroughly enjoyed the hospitality package, food was excellent and the staff very friendly, they kept some food back for my lad who had a mare of a train journey down from Newcastle and so was late arriving. Game was crap!

Adge

Well that was just garbage and is one of the reasons we will not go up in the automatic places if we can’t beet these type of teams. I just hope we can limp over the line for the playoffs.

clint van damme

best we can hope for is sneaking 7th u

Robins has showed he will put youth in when they are ready.
He has also showed how much he rates Ponticelli by awarding him a new contract.
But he obviously doesn't think he's ready for the first team and I wholeheartedly agree.
His time will come, it's not now.

clint van damme

After watching today I think the best we can hope for is scraping into the play offs and i don't think we'll do that.

Our away form will fuck us over and after today perhaps injuries will as well.
To lose 3 of your back 4 to injury is fucking cruel.
Preparing myself for a 2nd season in league 2 unfortunately,

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Some of the stuff today ranged from the cringeworthy to the depressing. Made me question if I should bother going to away games.

Apart from all the homophobic stuff, the guy next to me was calling Osbourne a C**t every time he was within 3 yards of the terraces.
Mind you if it's the same guy he soon shut up when the player turned round and shouted back yes my Ma says that as well I did have to give him a cheer and clap

ccfcway

hysteria today on here as usual when we lose a game. It was woeful today, but we know these days will happen, it amazes me that people aren't used to it by now

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

Yes I was stood in front of those dicks. They also called most FGR players faggots. Not all youngsters either. Also one of the worse offenders was a blonde woman.

The fans are at breaking point, the strains are evident especially at away games and as I keep saying, SISU have done a lot to cause this off the field trouble

Users who are viewing this thread