Match Thread Coventry City at Crawley Town Match Thread - Saturday 14th Apr (4 Viewers)

Londonccfcfan

No cover for Haynes. Jeez he could be getting ripped apart here, their right back is quick and their best player!

Remember him from Ricoh he set up goal.

steve82

Looks to be lined up like this to me

---------------Burge----------------
Grimmer--Willis--Mcdonald--Haynes
-----Bayliss--Doyle--Kelly---
---McNulty---Ponticelli----JCH----

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Legia Sky Blue

If it's not 4-3-3 then it's Baylis left and ponti right

There is not much point playing Ponti unless he is up front. I would rather McNulty play right but gonna be interesting as to how exactly we do set up. Does seem a little desperate given we've had all season to have a more attacking approach against sides with an ultra negative approach but hopefully this shows why Robins is a manager & I'm not.

Londonccfcfan

Looks to be lined up like this to me

---------------Burge----------------
Grimmer--Willis--Mcdonald--Haynes
-----Bayliss--Doyle--Kelly---
---McNulty---Ponticelli----JCH----

Yeah with possibly Doyle on left side of 3. And Kelly in Middle.
Looks good if they can all move as a 3 to left or right. He must have practised this during the week.

What is it when we face Crawley.? Last time he went 3 at the back. With wing backs and we got overun in midfield.

chiefdave

Either he's going for it or we're playing people in the wrong position. Would have thought Stokes would be the better option if going 433.

steve82

Yeah with possibly Doyle on left side of 3. And Kelly in Middle.
Looks good if they can all move as a 3 to left or right. He must have practised this during the week.

What is it when we face Crawley.? Last time he went 3 at the back. With wing backs and we got overun in midfield.

Thought that myself, backfired that day!

First real chance to change the formation tho for the run in so can see why he’s chose today.

Terry_dactyl

Just checking my football app which shows Bayliss on the right and Was just about to start moaning about Bayliss being on the wing again...then saw that JCH is on the left.
I think we’re going for it. Mcnulty just behind ponti and JCH? Or Bayliss just behind the 3 of them, with kelly and Doyle as DMs?

Nick

Administrator
Need a win today if chesterfield don't pull their finger out. 2 points outside playoffs, can't afford to lose

Especially if Swindon win

Last edited:

matesx

Need a win today if chesterfield don't pull their finger out. 2 points outside playoffs, can't afford to lose

Bit dramatic, they are 2 points clear yes but have played 2 more.

Nothing decided today.

It’s in our own hands, fuck it up and nobody else to blame.

Nick

Administrator
Bit dramatic, they are 2 points clear yes but have played 2 more.

Nothing decided today.

It’s in our own hands, fuck it up and nobody else to blame.
If we don't win today it's only one game in hand, draw and we are a point behind still. Lose and even worse.

Users who are viewing this thread