Match Thread Coventry City at Crawley Town Match Thread - Saturday 14th Apr (3 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
Discuss the Coventry City at Crawley Town match, tactics and predictions :)

Otis

Need to win, but I predict a draw. 1-1. Unless Robins shakes it up a bit. JCH with the goal.

More doom and gloom on here if we fail to get the 3 points.

oucho

I'm optimistic for a 1-0 win for us.

standupforcity

I'd start with McNulty and JCH with Biamou in the hole. Reid to start...if we get an early goal we'll be favs to win...so big guns on from the start!!

ccfcricoh

Burge

Grimmer
Willis (Hopefully fit enough)
Rod
Stokes

Shipley
Doyle
Bayliss

Biamou
McNulty
JCH

Change of formation to suit the players instead of the other way round i think might help. Having wide players is no use if we're not getting balls into the box or winning any headers.

Don't think the above will happen, but either way i'm confident of a 2-1 win

Warwickhunt

Burge

Grimmer
Rod
Stokes

Shipley
Doyle
Bayliss

Biamou
McNulty
JCH

Change of formation to suit the players instead of the other way round i think might help. Having wide players is no use if we're not getting balls into the box or winning any headers.

Rod has not been the best form for about 6 weeks now! i thought the second goal by Yeovil was totally avoidable and Rod should have gone to the spare player rather than trying to backup Hyam

oucho

Burge

Grimmer
Rod
Stokes

Shipley
Doyle
Bayliss

Biamou
McNulty
JCH

Agree with that 100% and you've saved me the time it would have taken to type it up. City by the odd-goal.

ccfcricoh

Agree with that 100% and you've saved me the time it would have taken to type it up. City by the odd-goal.
Glad i could help! First goal is more crucial than ever as well i think

Otis

Rod has not been the best form for about 6 weeks now! i thought the second goal by Yeovil was totally avoidable and Rod should have gone to the spare player rather than trying to backup Hyam
If he's fit I would go with Willis and Davies. Drop Kelly and put Baylis back in the centre and start JCH ahead of Biamou.

Ricketts

If he's fit I would go with Willis and Davies. Drop Kelly and put Baylis back in the centre and start JCH ahead of Biamou.
I agree.

Weve missed Willis more than people realise.

Max has been doing well coming on about 60.

Mcbean

If we say its a must win game - its a lose ! so in the words of most of the 24 hours in Police custody cast - No comment

Otis

If we say its a must win game - its a lose ! so in the words of most of the 24 hours in Police custody cast - No comment
I think if Willis is back in will give us a real boost. We have missed his pace.

wingy

I think if Willis is back in will give us a real boost. We have missed his pace.
You may be right .
Personally I think that's harsh on Hyam who's only been culpable for one goal across seven matches from memory?

johnwillomagic

Hmm.

I didn't think Davies or MacDonald were convincing at all against Ameobi at the weekend......definitely think Willis will be back which will be a boost.
I think Crawley will be a little less direct than Notts County under Harry Kewall's leadership.

I would like us to go 4-3-3 like below but cannot see MR doing this.

Burge GK
Grimmer RB
Stokes LB
Willis CB
Davies CB
Doyle MID
Kelly MID
Bayliss MID
McNulty ST
JCH ST
Biamou ST

Subs: O'Brien, Haynes, MacDonald, Shipley, Reid, Ponticelli, Beavon

Mr Panda

Haynes has to come back in for me. For all his issues defensively I think it's more important we have someone who you can give the ball to, trust to have the composure to control it, play a simple pass successfully and take pressure off the rest of the lads by going on a little run.

Must be a nightmare playing with Stokes knowing he's very likely going to squander possession if you give it to him

Grendel

Haynes has to come back in for me. For all his issues defensively I think it's more important we have someone who you can give the ball to, trust to have the composure to control it, play a simple pass successfully and take pressure off the rest of the lads by going on a little run.

Must be a nightmare playing with Stokes knowing he's very likely going to squander possession if you give it to him

Haynes is utter shite on the ball - his passing and distribution are appalling - his “little run” ends with him losing possession and out of position.

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

Haynes is utter shite on the ball - his passing and distribution are appalling - his “little run” ends with him losing possession and out of position.

I feel like you must have a ‘Haynes’ notification for whenever he’s mentioned, so you can come kick him in the teeth. Makes me laugh how much shit you give him when Stokes has been shite for an age now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Otis

You may be right .
Personally I think that's harsh on Hyam who's only been culpable for one goal across seven matches from memory?
Agree to a point, but he was very worryingly outpaced against Yeovil. The guy wasn't even super fast. He just breezed past him with ease.

Willis has made quite a few errors this season, but what he does bring is strength and pace and you have to remember, Hyam didn't even start last time out, so has already been dropped.

Play Davies and Willis and drop McDonald, who once again has looked sadly out of form of late.

Otis

Well, that last bit is certainly true.

Just how many times does Haynes do one of his mazy little runs only for him to lose possession?

It's a shame that it's probably too late and too risky to allow Camwell to step up, but word is he was excellent on Monday.

wingy

Well, that last bit is certainly true.

Just how many times does Haynes do one of his mazy little runs only for him to lose possession?

It's a shame that it's probably too late and too risky to allow Camwell to step up, but word is he was excellent on Monday.
Was he great !!!

Londonccfcfan

Burge

Grimmer
Rod
Stokes

Shipley
Doyle
Bayliss

Biamou
McNulty
JCH

I really think this is the formation to go with, definitely at home. Could work away from home.

Ordinarily I don’t think a point would be bad away from home (just to break the losing run) but optimistic we could win this.

3-2 city, see a high scoring encounter.

Gutted I’m missing this. Especially as it’s not too far for me.

MTK

I’ve been to most away games recently but can’t make this one. Will there any way of watching it? I’ve seen messages the past about a stream via the Facebook group and I am a member of that so can look. Any other easy options? Much appreciated, thanks. We can do this! C’mon City!

Terry_dactyl

Agree to a point, but he was very worryingly outpaced against Yeovil. The guy wasn't even super fast. He just breezed past him with ease.

Willis has made quite a few errors this season, but what he does bring is strength and pace and you have to remember, Hyam didn't even start last time out, so has already been dropped.

Play Davies and Willis and drop McDonald, who once again has looked sadly out of form of late.

McDonald looked an incredible signing at the start of the year. He’s looked pretty average in the games I’ve seen lately.
I’m sure it’s just me (it’s definitely just me) but he seems to have shrunk. I remember 1st game of the season thinking he was a collusus...winning everything, spraying cross field passes about the place. He has got worse right?

ccfchoi87

I’ve been to most away games recently but can’t make this one. Will there any way of watching it? I’ve seen messages the past about a stream via the Facebook group and I am a member of that so can look. Any other easy options? Much appreciated, thanks. We can do this! C’mon City!

Normally a couple of people stream it on Facebook, with and without commentary.

Users who are viewing this thread