Match Thread Coventry City at Crawley Town Match Thread - Saturday 14th Apr (1 Viewer)

Esoterica

McDonald looked an incredible signing at the start of the year. He’s looked pretty average in the games I’ve seen lately.
I’m sure it’s just me (it’s definitely just me) but he seems to have shrunk. I remember 1st game of the season thinking he was a collusus...winning everything, spraying cross field passes about the place. He has got worse right?
I think we're seeing a bit of fatigue or at least the tiredness of a long season in a couple of players - Grimmer, McDonald, McNulty especially are 3 players whose overall performances have dropped off in recent weeks. I'm sure it's no coincidence that it is at this end of the season and all were benchwarmers for most of last season in the league above. They have already doubled the combined amount of appearances they made last year.

ccfcricoh

I’ve been to most away games recently but can’t make this one. Will there any way of watching it? I’ve seen messages the past about a stream via the Facebook group and I am a member of that so can look. Any other easy options? Much appreciated, thanks. We can do this! C’mon City!
Yep just get yourself on the Facebook group just before kick off and there's always one that pops up - he even adds CWR commentary to it which you may see as a good or bad thing!

standupforcity

McDonald looked an incredible signing at the start of the year. He’s looked pretty average in the games I’ve seen lately.
I’m sure it’s just me (it’s definitely just me) but he seems to have shrunk. I remember 1st game of the season thinking he was a collusus...winning everything, spraying cross field passes about the place. He has got worse right?

'Concrete' Rod has somewhat crumbled of late...he needs reinforcing!

higgs

We need a win no matter how ugly it is to cement our playoffs spot

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Alan Dugdales Moustache

We do. Fail to win this and it will be no wins in 4.
There seems to be a pattern emerging: we go in a very poor run of 3-4 games then a good unbeaten run. Poor before Brighton, then a great run , now this. It means we are ready for an unbeaten finish to the season . Happy days.

Otis

There seems to be a pattern emerging: we go in a very poor run of 3-4 games then a good unbeaten run. Poor before Brighton, then a great run , now this. It means we are ready for an unbeaten finish to the season . Happy days.
I think a win is vital. Bag the 3 points and we should go into the final 4 matches confident and in a great position.

Amcoventry

Crawley is not in bottom 6 so I think draw or win is on the cards

Last edited:

Otis

In their last three home games they have drawn one and lost two.

It is a big opportunity for us. I think Mansfield may have it really tough in their match against their local rivals Chesterfield. Only 12 miles separate the two towns and both are desperate for points.

Chesterfield were brilliant against Notts County a couple of games ago and would expect them to put a good show on, on Saturday. If they were to drop out of the league it would be their first time since 1921.

Swindon could have a tough game too.

It is a big opportunity perhaps for City to out a little bit of distance perhaps.

Last edited:

steve82

3 points and potentially a bit of breathing space would be ideal here but in the grand scheme of things I’d take a point.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
I think we need a win to make things comfortable, a draw would mean only 2 points ahead. If we go 4 ahead it's a better advantage.

Otis

3 points and potentially a bit of breathing space would be ideal here but in the grand scheme of things I’d take a point.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I'd take a point if it resulted in the other two dropping points as well.

Don't think it will be good at all to drop a couple of places come 5pm.

fernandopartridge

I’ve been to most away games recently but can’t make this one. Will there any way of watching it? I’ve seen messages the past about a stream via the Facebook group and I am a member of that so can look. Any other easy options? Much appreciated, thanks. We can do this! C’mon City!

Join the Coventry City fans forum page on Facebook, usually one or two people streaming it on there.

Nick

Administrator
Do they stream it in their own name? It's pretty simple to do, just not sure worth the risk.

Sky Blue Harry H

Yep just get yourself on the Facebook group just before kick off and there's always one that pops up - he even adds CWR commentary to it which you may see as a good or bad thing!

Is this SkyBlueTalk facebook group?

Mr Panda

Do they stream it in their own name? It's pretty simple to do, just not sure worth the risk.

One lad actually does which I always thought was risky. Wasn't there a similar case of a guy being penalised for showing a boxing fight? Penalty was pay per view sum x amount of viewers he had?

The guy with CWR commentary is under a made up name.

shmmeee

Got to go 433 with the players we have on form. No wingers, lots of strikers.

Just buy it! It’s only a fiver and the club gets the cash.

I pirate pretty much all my media, but ripping off the club is a step too far for me.

no_loyalty

This is a game we simply cannot afford to lose, I think it will be either 1-0 to us or a 1-1 draw

stevefloyd

Especially if it ends up 0-0.
giphy.gif

ccfchoi87

Players are staying over in Crawley tonight. We can't be that skint as that is a pretty unnecessary expenditure. Crawley isn't that far away.

Grendel

Well they went to sleep on the pitch against Yeovil so anything's possible.

I’m sure you are trying to secure a part in Mrs Browns Boys

Grendel

Users who are viewing this thread