Coronavirus (1 Viewer)

fellatio_Martinez

Shell? BP? RyanAir?

SELL: Your soul.
BUY: A conscience.

giphy.gif

BackRoomRummermill

Just stuck 3k into Shell and dipped my toe into CCL 1.5k,

Still fancy picking up some BP. Likes of Ryan Air, Easy Jet are trading at about 25-30% down from a month ago, so could be worth something on that front?

What are your thoughts?

in the normal world given CCL turnover and assets a drop in Brent increases their profit as crude is their biggest outlay , we have a double dip here , at current value and given the good dividends a recovery for CCL back to 35-40

I feel the air sector IAG will take the biggest long term hit as they have so many assets to run , easyJet good value , waiting for stability but today’s news sort of says 6 months so people will be forward booking

CCL buy Easy wait Ryan wait Oilies buy as China ready to ramp their is real value out there mate but beware as always , I am looking at USA if they go big on Coronavirus then all bets are very much off hence wait on airlines

Marty

Can see why it might be tempting but think there's further to go. Shares are still a good 30% above their most recent bottoms in 2016. Dow is down again, on the IR cut.

I think they're great value at their current levels, but I think you may well be right and we'll see it dip further.

These are long term holds for me. If they drop further I'll be picking up more.

CCFCSteve

Boris really is a grade A twat.

Boris fails to convince with sanitised take on coronavirus | John Crace

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Pretty poor article. I heard a lot of the press conference and the two experts were clear that there is a plan in place and that elements of the plan would only be relevant/implemented at certain stages of escalation. These may also be superseded by events

It’s a fine balance in trying to convey a message for everyone not to panic (even though the media are trying their best) and ensuring people take the basic messages seriously. Did the author really want the government to release of details of how the army might be on the streets in the worse case scenario ?!!

ps I agree that it’s not the place for Johnson, however, I didn’t see what he was ever going to add to the press conference when you have experts there. Im guessing its because if he wasn’t there then people would say he’s not interested/can’t be bothered/not in charge.

wingy

Will the decision on whether to close schools come down to an economic decision or for instance the health of parents considered to be in the vulnerable category?
There must be a fair few in that category,Asthma , diabetic etc.
I guess it could change further on.

ccfc92

Will the decision on whether to close schools come down to an economic decision or for instance the health of parents considered to be in the vulnerable category?
There must be a fair few in that category,Asthma , diabetic etc.
I guess it could change further on.

If we could have total quarantine 24 hours a day, except on Saturday's between 3pm and 16:50pm, that'd be ideal :)

David O'Day

Bournemouth mate.

Ironic thing is, flu is spread by cough and sneeze droplets, which can still get into your eyes... so you're looking like a dick for no reason.

You'd need an army style respirator to be totally safe as the virus can pass though material filters and mask

Last edited:

wingy

85 cases out of the 13k+ people tested. It wil go up but we are not at panic stations level yet
No more.daily updates on location of cases I think ,may be numbers as well.
Weekly on line in future.They may just about get away with this WE Six Nations .
Not so sure about the next.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 4439

I think they're great value at their current levels, but I think you may well be right and we'll see it dip further.

These are long term holds for me. If they drop further I'll be picking up more.

Probably can't go wrong long term. In the 2016 drop I picked up shell at circa 1350p and sold at 2200p, though they went higher - are around the 1700s now. If we could call the bottom we'd all be good eh? :) Made a nice little bit in a penny oily recently, BPC. Also Coffee went to a near all-time low a few weeks ago (though has touched the same base a couple of times before). I figured that Covid couldn't affect it much more as it was already below the cost of production, and that's proved right as it's about 40% up. Admittedly, sold at about 25% up, as I'm happy to take a profit where I can rather than hold.

David O'Day

No more.daily updates on location of cases I think ,may be numbers as well.
Weekly on line in future.They may just about get away with this WE Six Nations .
Not so sure about the next.
They should be announcing the numbers still and local councils have been a bouncing local cases. The issue is people are overreacting to the daily snippets of news they get.

shmmeee

Bournemouth mate.

Ironic thing is, flu is spread by cough and sneeze droplets, which can still get into your eyes... so you're looking like a dick for no reason.

Unless they’re infected. In which case they should be at home, but a mask would help limit the spread.

ccfc92

Unless they’re infected. In which case they should be at home, but a mask would help limit the spread.

If they have flu, they wouldn't be able to flounce around surely?

That is the normal reason that you see a lot of Japanese people wearing them, out of courtesy to others if they have a cold.

Last edited:

Liquid Gold

Someone in my office has been quarantined as they’ve had contact with a friend that tested positive. Bring it on I say.

Users who are viewing this thread